PDA

View Full Version : I’ll take, “So long, and thanks for the memories,” for $400, Alex (RIP)

Chameleox
11-08-20, 15:34
As a sad departure from the current political discussions, and in continuance of this dumpster fire of a year, Alex Trebek has reportedly passed away at age 80, presumably due to his ongoing fight with cancer. I don’t know the man’s politics and I don’t care; Jeopardy! was my favorite game show from youth to adulthood, and one of my favorite shows all-around. No other show, or host, made me want to run off to the library or use the Google more.

And yes, SNL’s Celebrity Jeopardy is one of the few skits I can stand.

Rest In Peace.

BoringGuy45
11-08-20, 16:06
RIP, Mr. Trebek. Hopefully you and Sean Connery will get along better in heaven than you did on SNL! ;)

jsbhike
11-08-20, 16:10
RIP, Mr. Trebek. Hopefully you and Sean Connery will get along better in heaven than you did on SNL! ;)

That is an interesting coincidence.

LMT Shooter
11-08-20, 16:55
RIP, Alex Trebek. Jeopardy is also my favorite game show, it's the only one I've ever chosen to watch. I always wanted to play. I hope the show goes on, but it won't be the same without Alex Trebek.

Diamondback
11-08-20, 17:10
A loss of a national treasure, a man who for a half-hour every night brought a little oasis of stability in a darkening and ever more turbulent world through almost my entire life.

Which one of you assholes asked how 2020 could get any worse?!

jsbhike
11-08-20, 17:24
Sucky source, but kinda neat things about him.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/08/us/alex-trebek-charities-nonprofits-iyw/?iid=ob_mobile_article_footer_expansion

BoringGuy45
11-08-20, 17:29
RIP, Alex Trebek. Jeopardy is also my favorite game show, it's the only one I've ever chosen to watch. I always wanted to play. I hope the show goes on, but it won't be the same without Alex Trebek.

Alex strongly hinted about two months ago that Ken Jennings will be taking over for him.

604flyer
11-08-20, 17:43
The man was a class act and we could use more like him in our world. RIP Alex.

Diamondback
11-08-20, 18:11
Alex strongly hinted about two months ago that Ken Jennings will be taking over for him.

Boo. Hiss. Can't stand that asswipe.

BoringGuy45
11-08-20, 18:54
Boo. Hiss. Can't stand that asswipe.

He reminds me of every teenager's uncool dad trying to impress his kids' friends. Do I think he'd be the best replacement? No, he doesn't have a game show host persona really. But with the name recognition, he'd at least keep the show going.

SteyrAUG
11-08-20, 21:59

And a giant +1 to that. I think that might have been the last show that actually made people smarter.

Averageman
11-12-20, 08:39
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwWVb0KhfzM