PDA

View Full Version : Truckers planning a strike!

thepatriot2705
11-08-20, 21:23
https://twitter.com/lauraeggebrecht/status/1325637966769713152?s=21

Truckers are planning a strike for November 29th. Rumblings of this from multiple sources

thepatriot2705
11-08-20, 21:31
https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1325624891064766464?s=21

BoringGuy45
11-08-20, 22:23
I dunno if that'll help or hurt the conservative cause.

AKDoug
11-08-20, 22:44
I own and drive commercial trucks. I follow several commercial trucking pages on FaceBook and a large Truckers forum. Not a single peep out of any of them about a strike. Frankly, most truckers I know are living on a thin dime and going on a strike is the last thing they can afford. We sure as shit aren't going to strike.

turnburglar
11-09-20, 01:41
AKDoug-

Thanks for throwing in the perspective from the ground. Often times media can run away with a story if one person in the industry mentions it.

Arik
11-09-20, 08:08
I own and drive commercial trucks. I follow several commercial trucking pages on FaceBook and a large Truckers forum. Not a single peep out of any of them about a strike. Frankly, most truckers I know are living on a thin dime and going on a strike is the last thing they can afford. We sure as shit aren't going to strike.I don't follow FB or any trucker forums but I too haven't heard squat and you know how fast word spreads in any community. I know my guys aren't going on strike but then again we don't transport those types of goods

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

REDinFL
11-09-20, 09:02
A strike is just self destructive in the current environment. In any industry or business, regardless the justification of a job action, there always will be some who will say, "I'll do it , boss, look at me, boss, kiss, kiss, kiss." And, it will work, and others will see it, and join to group to go. Being a scab doesn't carry the burden it used to.

Arik
11-09-20, 09:06
A strike is just self destructive in the current environment. In any industry or business, regardless the justification of a job action, there always will be some who will say, "I'll do it , boss, look at me, boss, kiss, kiss, kiss." And, it will work, and others will see it, and join to group to go. Being a scab doesn't carry the burden it used to.It doesn't have to be "boss look at me". More like here's my opportunity to make more money

Straight Shooter
11-09-20, 12:31
Ill believe it when Trump wins the recount.
NOT HAPPENING.

AKDoug
11-09-20, 16:36
I didn't even pay attention to the date.. Nov 29 is a Sunday. About 1/2 (probably more) of Americas trucks will be sitting still anyway. Only the OTR and some specialty outfits will be moving on Sunday, the rest of us are enjoying our day off.

SeriousStudent
11-09-20, 18:14
I own and drive commercial trucks. I follow several commercial trucking pages on FaceBook and a large Truckers forum. Not a single peep out of any of them about a strike. Frankly, most truckers I know are living on a thin dime and going on a strike is the last thing they can afford. We sure as shit aren't going to strike.

Totally off-topic but a serious question: Are you one of those ice road truckers like the TV show? Because I loved that show, regardless of how unrealistic it may be.

Just curious.

Arik
11-09-20, 18:33
Totally off-topic but a serious question: Are you one of those ice road truckers like the TV show? Because I loved that show, regardless of how unrealistic it may be.

Just curious.I thought those were in Canada

AKDoug
11-10-20, 00:43

Just curious.

I thought those were in Canada

I am not. We drive in some pretty shitty conditions, but I don't run where they ran on the show. The show was split between Canada and Alaska depending on the year. Frankly they over dramatized the whole thing. Running either of those roads is no joke, but lots of guys do it with no drama.

Now back to the topic. The strike finally showed up on one of the trucking forums I am on... the response was pretty much ..meh, whatever.

The_War_Wagon
11-10-20, 08:51
I'd seen this on another board yesterday. I know trucker's margins are razor thin, so if they don't go on strike, I'll understand.

And if they DO, I'll support 'em.

CrowCommand
11-11-20, 17:18
I'd seen this on another board yesterday. I know trucker's margins are razor thin, so if they don't go on strike, I'll understand.

And if they DO, I'll support 'em.

^ This. I drive a truck, not daily or OTR but, money is tight. But this would get the attention of the nation. It might be prudent to wait and see what happens legally with this election mess first, but either way I think the point will be made if they choose to strike....

Dr. Bullseye
11-12-20, 13:15
Just refuse deliveries to big blue cities.

titsonritz
11-13-20, 16:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ41VjW-MHQ

vicious_cb
11-13-20, 16:32
When the riots get so bad...

https://i.makeagif.com/media/4-19-2014/K7B0xp.gif