PDA

View Full Version : Now you can buy a matching, limited-edition Porsche and private jet

Slater
11-09-20, 03:39
For the guy with a few extra bucks:

"Embraer and Porsche just unveiled a limited-edition pairing of the Phenom 300E private jet and 911 Turbo S supercar.

Only 10 will be sold with a list price of $10,992,000 each that also includes a custom Porsche Design 1919 Globetimer UTC watch and luggage set.

The Phenom 300E is Embraer's best-selling light jet with a maximum range of 2,010 nautical miles and top speed of Mach .80.

The Turbo S is Porsche's top-trim version of its most legendary sport car, the 911."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/porsche-embraer-selling-matching-limited-134300301.html

SteyrAUG
11-09-20, 05:02
Or I could buy a classic 911, fly first class from now on and maybe even a nice rolex and still wouldn't ever come close to dropping 10M.

flenna
11-09-20, 06:07
I wonder if they will take a check?

georgeib
11-09-20, 08:18
Just ordered 2. Thanks for the heads up. :D

GH41
11-09-20, 08:21
I wonder if they will take a check?

Shure they will take a check but people like that won't even talk to you before they check you out. I live near a Gulfstream plant. A friend who works there says they have a whole department that qualifies potential buyers.

MountainRaven
11-09-20, 13:50
Or I could buy a classic 911, fly first class from now on and maybe even a nice rolex and still wouldn't ever come close to dropping 10M.

But you won't have your own jet and not have to check your guns with TSA before you board. In fact, I don't think you have to check anything with TSA before you board your own jet. Hell, you can probably board with your pistol concealed like James Bond in a '60s movie or John McClane in an '80s movie. And you can fly (almost) anywhere (almost) any time.

flenna
11-09-20, 14:17
Shure they will take a check but people like that won't even talk to you before they check you out. I live near a Gulfstream plant. A friend who works there says they have a whole department that qualifies potential buyers.

Dang, and here I am with a blank check in hand ready to buy....

Evel Baldgui
11-09-20, 16:17
The jet only has a 2300 miles range so you'd have to refuel between the east and west coast, so no, I'll pass.

Slater
11-09-20, 17:51
Heck, even Glock has their own mini-airline:

https://www.glock-aviation.at/en

MountainRaven
11-09-20, 18:09
The jet only has a 2300 miles range so you'd have to refuel between the east and west coast, so no, I'll pass.

Afraid right-wing militias might attack you in flyover country while you're refueling while shuttling back and forth between the penthouse in NYC and the ranch in Cali?

:jester:

SteyrAUG
11-09-20, 18:59
But you won't have your own jet and not have to check your guns with TSA before you board. In fact, I don't think you have to check anything with TSA before you board your own jet. Hell, you can probably board with your pistol concealed like James Bond in a '60s movie or John McClane in an '80s movie. And you can fly (almost) anywhere (almost) any time.

But I will still have 10M which means I can lease my own plane and staff it with supermodels.

Evel Baldgui
11-10-20, 19:30
Afraid right-wing militias might attack you in flyover country while you're refueling while shuttling back and forth between the penthouse in NYC and the ranch in Cali?

Actually Naples penthouse and Laguna beach house :-)
Easier to just book NetJets

kirkland
11-10-20, 19:47
Only 11 mil? That's a steal! I'll get right on that!

Adrenaline_6
11-12-20, 18:18
But I will still have 10M which means I can lease my own plane and staff it with supermodels.

Even better, use a service like Netjets and pick what plane you want whenever you want, wherever you are. If it goes down for maintenenace...guess what...they send you another one to use.