PDA

View Full Version : Seeing a lot of Panic SELLING but Not a Lot of Panic BUYING...

SteyrAUG
11-10-20, 18:03
Interesting.

6920s on GB really aren't bidding much higher than $1200-1400. See lots of start prices at $2000 or more with no takers. If nothing happens with the threat of legislation we might even see a price crash.

titsonritz
11-10-20, 18:04
Good, bring back the $750 6920s.

flenna
11-10-20, 18:12

Really, looking back I should have bought 2 or 3 at that price even though they would have just sat in the safe unused.

Grand58742
11-10-20, 18:24
I'll be happier when ammo comes back available at decent prices (if it does)

rushca01
11-10-20, 18:49
Other than the HK Sp5 and ammo availability things don’t seem “too” bad.

ABNAK
11-10-20, 19:19
I would rather have Trump in the Oval Office after January 20, 2021 than make a dime. That said, my unfired Colt 6960 and unfired 6920 SOCOM ("2013" model with the US Gubment-marked lower) will turn a buck eventually if things proceed how I unfortunately think they will. They have been set back for that purpose but I'd rather keep them and not rape someone than have Joe and the Ho' occupy 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

Jellybean
11-10-20, 19:20
You folks just love to tempt Murphy....

Regardless, 1) reality hasn't been 100% decided per the election, and 2) black friday is coming = People are holding their cash back for now.
This current mini-slump actually kicked in a few weeks back, pre-election. All interest I had in items for sale just evaporated.
Either people have maxxed out their cards already, or we're just in a holding pattern.

SteyrAUG
11-10-20, 21:08

I don't see THAT happening. Currently FFL prices for 6920s are $934 plus shipping, MSRP is $1,099, which is actually down because last I checked I think MSRP was $1,200. But you might start seeing some $1,000 deals again just because a lot of people went LONG on these things and will need to cash out.

I think the fact that people have been panic buying for Covid / Antifa reasons means the "OMG Biden is President" panic buy was a shorter duration event than predicted. I just hope it means some of this crap starts showing as actually "in stock" again, I'd like to close out my watch list for customers.

SteyrAUG
11-10-20, 21:11
I would rather have Trump in the Oval Office after January 20, 2021 than make a dime. That said, my unfired Colt 6960 and unfired 6920 SOCOM ("2013" model with the US Gubment-marked lower) will turn a buck eventually if things proceed how I unfortunately think they will. They have been set back for that purpose but I'd rather keep them and not rape someone than have Joe and the Ho' occupy 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

You and me both.

You folks just love to tempt Murphy....

Regardless, 1) reality hasn't been 100% decided per the election, and 2) black friday is coming = People are holding their cash back for now.
This current mini-slump actually kicked in a few weeks back, pre-election. All interest I had in items for sale just evaporated.
Either people have maxxed out their cards already, or we're just in a holding pattern.

Yeah, everybody is fickle until the next Sandy Hook type event. Then it will be $100 Pmags all over again.

soulezoo
11-10-20, 22:16
I put all my money in the paper industry

Toilet paper that is...

OH58D
11-10-20, 22:42
If people are panic selling right now, it certainly is the wrong time. If and when the 6920 referenced above it outlawed, people will pay TOP dollar for such a weapon; you're just not going to see it on public auction sites. I have seen panic buying of ammo/guns with lines at the Sportsman's Warehouse in Albuquerque.

In regards to ammo, I have been a regular customer of SGAmmo in Stillwater, OK. From there to this part of New Mexico, it's two days via UPS. I have a shipment I have to go to town and retrieve tomorrow. UPS will deliver to our office in town as opposed to the long haul out here. Even with SGAmmo, I have seen some interesting inventory irregularities. They have been selling their goods higher than in the past, and when their inventory level gets to a certain low point, overnight it raises back up. I think they create a sense of urgency in the buying public by showing low inventory.

I do have some weapons of the AK-74 variety and SGAmmo has been a good source of 5.45x39. I have three 19 lbs boxes of said caliber arriving tomorrow (2250 rounds). I probably should be ashamed of being an ammo hoarder, but I'm not (ashamed).

CRAMBONE
11-10-20, 23:58
I’m seeing the same thing on a local forum. Folks are posting items and then they never sale.

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-11-20, 01:19
Money may be getting tight, big economy problems.

People thinking that if the guns are outlawed, they become worthless? If the NFA everything, how many people are going to pay $200? I don't think people are that sophisticated.

People have a lot of guns.

Call me when ammo gets back to pre-crazy.

Circle_10
11-11-20, 04:31
If people are panic selling right now, it certainly is the wrong time. If and when the 6920 referenced above it outlawed, people will pay TOP dollar for such a weapon; you're just not going to see it on public auction sites. I have seen panic buying of ammo/guns with lines at the Sportsman's Warehouse in Albuquerque.

In regards to ammo, I have been a regular customer of SGAmmo in Stillwater, OK. From there to this part of New Mexico, it's two days via UPS. I have a shipment I have to go to town and retrieve tomorrow. UPS will deliver to our office in town as opposed to the long haul out here. Even with SGAmmo, I have seen some interesting inventory irregularities. They have been selling their goods higher than in the past, and when their inventory level gets to a certain low point, overnight it raises back up. I think they create a sense of urgency in the buying public by showing low inventory.

I do have some weapons of the AK-74 variety and SGAmmo has been a good source of 5.45x39. I have three 19 lbs boxes of said caliber arriving tomorrow (2250 rounds). I probably should be ashamed of being an ammo hoarder, but I'm not (ashamed).

I had ordered from SG Ammo in the past, and other day I decided to order 750 rounds of 5.45 from them as they had a few different types in stock. Was in the process of checking out when I couldn’t find my state on the drop-down menu. I thought it was some kind of site glitch at first but eventually found out as of like a year or so ago SG Ammo won’t sell to anyone in Maine now after the company got into into some kind of dispute with the Maine revenue service.
So that’s one source of ammo that I’m totally unable to use, which sucks.

Cincinnatus15
11-11-20, 05:11
I don't see THAT happening. Currently FFL prices for 6920s are $934 plus shipping, MSRP is $1,099, which is actually down because last I checked I think MSRP was $1,200. But you might start seeing some $1,000 deals again just because a lot of people went LONG on these things and will need to cash out.

I think the fact that people have been panic buying for Covid / Antifa reasons means the "OMG Biden is President" panic buy was a shorter duration event than predicted. I just hope it means some of this crap starts showing as actually "in stock" again, I'd like to close out my watch list for customers.

Are 6920’s back?

OH58D
11-11-20, 07:43
Are 6920’s back?
Not with Colt, it seems. But they are in the back of my safe(s), back in a lot of folks' closets and back by the headboard alongside citizen's beds. The latter is the case of one of my female cousins here in New Mexico.

Cincinnatus15
11-11-20, 08:34
Not with Colt, it seems. But they are in the back of my safe(s), back in a lot of folks' closets and back by the headboard alongside citizen's beds. The latter is the case of one of my female cousins here in New Mexico.

Thanks for the feedback

JoshNC
11-11-20, 08:42
Are 6920’s back?

Yes. The ones with the new CARBINE marked lower are pretty widely available right now at prices from $1050-1300.

AndyLate
11-11-20, 08:42
It's pretty hard to sell a gun in a panic when you can't find ammo for it.

Andy

Sam
11-11-20, 08:49
It's pretty hard to sell a gun in a panic when you can't find ammo for it.

Andy

Oh you can get ammo if you're willing to pay $0.60 to $1.00 per round on 9mm or $0.65 and higher for .223.

Cincinnatus15
11-11-20, 09:48
Yes. The ones with the new CARBINE marked lower are pretty widely available right now at prices from $1050-1300.

That’s good to hear. Wouldn’t pay that right now but always good to see 6920’s in circulation

Alex V
11-11-20, 10:09
I probably should be ashamed of being an ammo hoarder, but I'm not (ashamed).

Everyone made fun of me when ammo was cheap and I was buying as much as I could. I don't have "a lot" but way more than the people who made fun of me. They aren't making fun of me anymore...

OH58D
11-11-20, 10:17
You are referring to the Colt CR6920, shipped with a Magpul rear buis. All the main distributors don't have them in stock. Dealer cost is $934 - MSRP is $1099. I am not sure how widely available they are since they're out of stock. I don't think Colt is pushing massive numbers out the door.

Firefly
11-11-20, 10:25
Everyone made fun of me when ammo was cheap and I was buying as much as I could. I don't have "a lot" but way more than the people who made fun of me. They aren't making fun of me anymore...

Surely there are other things they can make fun of you over.

But yep. Get it while you can is the perpetual aphorism

Alex V
11-11-20, 12:51
Surely there are other things they can make fun of you over.

But yep. Get it while you can is the perpetual aphorism

They don't dare make fun of me now, because I got ammo. LOL

KUSA
11-11-20, 14:39

I think Joe will give you pennies on the dollar for them.

The_War_Wagon
11-11-20, 14:52
I'll be happier when ammo comes back available at decent prices (if it does)

I got enough to hold the Alamo, but PRACTICE ammo is what can't be replaced. And if SlowJoe & BlowHo steal the election, that won't change for a few years, at least. :mad:

SteyrAUG
11-11-20, 18:44
You are referring to the Colt CR6920, shipped with a Magpul rear buis. All the main distributors don't have them in stock. Dealer cost is $934 - MSRP is $1099. I am not sure how widely available they are since they're out of stock. I don't think Colt is pushing massive numbers out the door.

None of my suppliers are showing them as "in stock", however there seems to be a glut on the secondary market and some of them are reasonably priced, but the people who thought they were gonna get $2500 "Sandy Hook Ban" prices aren't moving anything.

Of course let the surplus come off the market and add the threat of a serious ban attempt and things could get stupid again. I'm just amazed we aren't really seeing stupid right now.

ABNAK
11-11-20, 18:45
I think Joe will give you pennies on the dollar for them.

He won't give me shit for them 'cause they aren't for sale to him or the Ho'.

Straight Shooter
11-11-20, 19:32

My brotha. AMEN.

JoshNC
11-11-20, 21:12

They are all over Gunbroker and other forums. They are also in local and regional gun shops in my area. Retail prices for retail buyers.

None of my suppliers are showing them as "in stock", however there seems to be a glut on the secondary market and some of them are reasonably priced, but the people who thought they were gonna get $2500 "Sandy Hook Ban" prices aren't moving anything.

Of course let the surplus come off the market and add the threat of a serious ban attempt and things could get stupid again. I'm just amazed we aren't really seeing stupid right now.

Yep. We can’t get any from our distributors, but lots available at retail.

rushca01
11-11-20, 22:00
I just want an sp5 closest I will get to an mp5, first gun I fell in love with.

JoshNC
11-11-20, 22:20

You can have one. You just have to pay $3200-3700 to get one. With ATF scrutinizing imports of pistol variants of SMGs and mil pattern rifles, I suggest you just bite the bullet and buy one.

OH58D
11-11-20, 22:28
Bought an SP5K and SBR'd it, then added the B&T folding stock and HK front grip. Solid little weapon. It replaced an SP89 I bought and sold years back.

SteyrAUG
11-11-20, 23:26
You can have one. You just have to pay $3200-3700 to get one. With ATF scrutinizing imports of pistol variants of SMGs and mil pattern rifles, I suggest you just bite the bullet and buy one.

As a FFL I can't justify that, thankfully I SBR'd a MKE 94P and a 94k when those were coming in. That along with factory premay dealer sample MP5s are getting me through this. But I still want a factory HK SP5 and one of the newer SP5ks with the three lug just to have factory SBRs and then my MKE's can fully become my "mud and run" guns.

rushca01
11-12-20, 05:26

Know where I can find one for 3200?

RHINOWSO
11-12-20, 09:49

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn0.vox-cdn.com%2Fimported_assets%2F2294960%2Fyup.gif&f=1&nofb=1

THCDDM4
11-12-20, 16:17
Know where I can find one for 3200?

Nevermind

rushca01
11-13-20, 09:29
Nevermind

Your inbox is full, can you pm me?

11-13-20, 14:47
I’m seeing the same thing on a local forum. Folks are posting items and then they never sale. I see them on here too. Usually an 6920 upper for a price same or higher than a complete 6920.

You can have one. You just have to pay $3200-3700 to get one. With ATF scrutinizing imports of pistol variants of SMGs and mil pattern rifles, I suggest you just bite the bullet and buy one. y’know, thats an interesting point. Didn’t someone say that the reason HK always gives us neutered guns (or skips the US market entirely) was that everytime they give us something cool it gets banned? Don’t shoot the messenger; I don’t really stay abreast of the HK chronicles

okie
11-13-20, 15:16
Interesting.

6920s on GB really aren't bidding much higher than $1200-1400. See lots of start prices at $2000 or more with no takers. If nothing happens with the threat of legislation we might even see a price crash.

Welcome to gunbroker. You know that "make me move" feature that Zillow used to have? That's pretty much gunbroker in a nutshell.

But considering people are paying 1500 for them when they used to sell for 700, I would say they're pretty desperate.

And yes, if bolshevist zombies don't rise from their graves and attempt a takeover, prices will definitely crash, and probably hard. This being 2020, though, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of the zombie option...

Disciple
11-13-20, 15:29
Your inbox is full, can you pm me?

I don't know why he edited his post. The link was https://hkgunshop.com/product/hk-sp5-pistol/

rushca01
11-13-20, 23:52
I don't know why he edited his post. The link was https://hkgunshop.com/product/hk-sp5-pistol/

It’s likely a scam.

JoshNC
11-14-20, 09:33
Lots of sellers have absolutely no idea how to sell. With few exceptions for very rare items in high demand and in low supply, listing an item at a high price will not typically result in the sale of the item. Look at Gunbroker. The penny start no reserve auctions close at the highest prices. Typically higher than the same item listed at market/above market start.

That there are many items languishing for sale, I believe is a function of sellers who don’t understand how to sell in the current market.

SteyrAUG
11-14-20, 16:04
Lots of sellers have absolutely no idea how to sell. With few exceptions for very rare items in high demand and in low supply, listing an item at a high price will not typically result in the sale of the item. Look at Gunbroker. The penny start no reserve auctions close at the highest prices. Typically higher than the same item listed at market/above market start.

That there are many items languishing for sale, I believe is a function of sellers who don’t understand how to sell in the current market.

And predicting the actual nature of the "current market" can require a magic 8 ball and a dowsing rod.

Post Sandy Hook, I didn't think it was actually true UNTIL I actually went to GB and saw Pmags selling for $100 or more. And then I was like screw it, I have something like 800 Pmags, I can put up 150 of them. If they sell and we get a ban, I still have 650 Pmags, I'll be alright. They all sold but I was almost late to the game and didn't take it seriously until it was in full swing.

The only one I definitely saw coming and was completely prepared for was the Great Obama Gun Sale. And I think most of us cleaned up on that one.

After 2012 I spoke with some of my more serious collector friends and we put aside more than a few 6920s "just in case" the 2016 election turned out to be a nightmare. Trump won and there was no "OMG She's President....sell me EVERYTHING" panic buy, but we also ended up with a nice supply of the last "Colt Defense / 6920" marked rifles. These we then sold to family and friends at a modest markup and we were good with that outcome.