PDA

View Full Version : Any appreciable difference in stock triggers?

sdcromer
12-01-08, 22:24
I want to buy a standard single stage trigger for one of my lowers and was wondering if there is any significant difference between one brand and another.

Any opinions here?

sdcromer
12-05-08, 20:06
Guess not. :rolleyes:

Damascus
12-06-08, 01:39
I'm no trigger expert - but yes there are significant differences in brands. From what I have read here, people prefer Geiselle triggers, which are pricey.
Most of my experience has been with Timney and Jewell brand triggers (Timney on AR's) and I can vouch that both brands make outstanding products.
A lot of people here also recommend the RRA National Match triggers, with the WOA tuning.
What's the intended purpose for said rifle, and what pull-weight are you thinking of getting? Adjustable or a fixed setup?

sdcromer
12-06-08, 10:33
This my SHTF carbine and now it has a RRA 2 stage trigger, but after reading the advice of Pat Rogers and others I feel that KISS is better for this particular set up. I've felt standard triggers that are long an gritty and others that are not so I'm trying to see if one manufacturer is more likely to not be gritty.

jht3
12-06-08, 10:58
I'm no trigger expert - but yes there are significant differences in brands. From what I have read here, people prefer Geiselle triggers, which are pricey.
Most of my experience has been with Timney and Jewell brand triggers (Timney on AR's) and I can vouch that both brands make outstanding products.
A lot of people here also recommend the RRA National Match triggers, with the WOA tuning.
What's the intended purpose for said rifle, and what pull-weight are you thinking of getting? Adjustable or a fixed setup?

he asked about stock single stage and you are talking about drop-in $$$ triggers

beyond that, i have nothing to contribute. my experience is very limited compared to others here. i wouldn't say my unknown parts kit (dmps maybe) is gritty though

Broadway
12-06-08, 11:38
I prefer LMT brand parts. They have consistent quality and actual to spec parts (not just advertised) that work. Fitting replacement parts that are supposed to be drop in can be a pita. I have also heard good things about G&R's lpk's.

junkxp
12-06-08, 12:04
Good question

I've been wondering myself the differences and how you would even know what you have. Say you purchased parts that came in small ziplocks that have a inspection tag on them verses the only packaged group i've seen being dpms.

Started a thread the other day questioning this due to what i would call a crap selector in a bagged fcg i purchased from a local shop. Other than that it's not to bad though.

C4IGrant
12-06-08, 12:18
No, not really (as long as you buy quality).

C4

sdcromer
12-06-08, 12:51
Grant,

Can I get a LMT trigger, hammer, disconnector, and disconnector spring from you without buying a whole parts kit? I looked on your website and could not find just a fire control group.

Thanks,

SDC

Bushmaster-M4A3
12-06-08, 18:34
I have tried Bushmaster stock single stage, RRA NM 2 stage, Armalite Tactical 2 stage, and Del Ton single stage. I have to say that the 2 stage triggers are nicer, and are not that far from KISS to cause problems.

If you must have stock triggers, just get a quality lower parts kit such as LMT or RRA and you'll be OK.

C4IGrant
12-07-08, 15:19
Grant,

Can I get a LMT trigger, hammer, disconnector, and disconnector spring from you without buying a whole parts kit? I looked on your website and could not find just a fire control group.

Thanks,

SDC

Not at this time.

C4