PDA

View Full Version : Magpul CTR Stock for LMT and Colt 6920

OH58D
12-02-08, 00:14
In my stable of ARs, I've got an LMT SBR with their standard Gen II six position stock, and two Colt 6920s with their four position stock. I like the look of the Magpul CTR stock, but is there anything to be gained with it besides the fact it looks cool over my present stocks?

I see there are different offerings; a mil-spec version and a commercial. Which version goes on the Colt and which goes on the LMT?

Thanks,
OH58D

QuickStrike
12-02-08, 00:17
In my stable of ARs, I've got an LMT SBR with their standard Gen II six position stock, and two Colt 6920s with their four position stock. I like the look of the Magpul CTR stock, but is there anything to be gained with it besides the fact it looks cool over my present stocks?

I see there are different offerings; a mil-spec version and a commercial. Which version goes on the Colt and which goes on the LMT?

Thanks,
OH58D

I like the solid feel and relatively light weight+non bulky look.

Pretty sure that the mil-spec version is what you should get for both.

Edit: I like the unobtrusive rubber pad add on also.

Pat.c
12-02-08, 00:18
You have milspec tubes on both. As for the CTR it has a few things going for it such as swivel attachment points for slings, better cheek weld then the standard stock, solid lock up, and CDI factor is always a must. :D

The MOE is a great alternate if the sling swivel is not a deal breaker for you.

Frens
12-02-08, 04:41
yep you need the milspec one.

the CTR is rock solid and doesnt move at all compared to any other collapsible stock

matthewdanger
12-02-08, 05:51
I like the longer toe on the CTR. It allows me to shoulder the rifle higher.

Sam
12-02-08, 06:07
If you want a CTR but doesn't want to spend almost $100 for one, go for the MOE stock by Magpul. It's about half the price.

Frens
12-02-08, 06:23
keep in mind the MOE version doesnt have the same locking system

rob_s
12-02-08, 06:29
keep in mind the MOE version doesnt have the same locking system
Or the QD sling swivel, if that matters to you.

Sam
12-02-08, 07:08
All of the above posters are right, it's a trade off with the MOE. I didn't need all that features so I was happy with the $40+ saving.

rob_s
12-02-08, 07:11
Me too!

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q111/rob_s/gun%20stuff/BCM/BCM-Middy-port-side.jpg

Sam
12-02-08, 10:01
I know somebody is going to say it, so I'll go first, "where's your rear sight?" :)

rob_s
12-02-08, 10:29
I know somebody is going to say it, so I'll go first, "where's your rear sight?" :)

It's in my pocket!

(in truth, I wasn't sure which one I was going to use on the gun and was waiting for the Larue to show up so I could make up my mind. Wound up going with the Troy though. To further the hijack, writeup about the whole gun is here (http://tacticalyellowvisor.net/8343/59827.html))

OH58D
12-02-08, 10:50
Will I be able to use the carbine extension tube already on the LMT and 6920, or will I have to purchase something else?

I have a stock wrench already, which I used only once to remove a fixed position (ban) Bushmaster stock and installed a 6 position collapsing stock.

OH58D

rob_s
12-02-08, 10:53
The tubes that are on the guns are all you need.

To remove the stock that's on there just pull down on the adjustment lever and slide it off, and to install the CTR/MOE just pull down on the tabs on each side and slide it on.

Don't remove the tube.

Copis
12-02-08, 13:29
speaking of highjacking.....

Rob,

Is your current signature the question while your previous signature was the answer?

sorry I had to ask :p

Bill

Frens
12-02-08, 14:01
The tubes that are on the guns are all you need.

To remove the stock that's on there just pull down on the adjustment lever and slide it off, and to install the CTR/MOE just pull down on the tabs on each side and slide it on.

Don't remove the tube.

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/9213/immagine1cl3.png