PDA

View Full Version : Couple issues and questions. (Bolt catch and cam bolt)

Bodhisattva05X
11-14-20, 01:38
This is the second bolt catch this has happened to.

I noticed it before when I kept having an issue with it failing to lock after the last round. I wasn’t sure if it was the spring, the plunger or the BAD lever. I changed the bolt catch, sling and plunger, and kept the BAD lever.

No deformities on any of the bolt lugs

Second question. There seems to be a fair amount of putting on the cam bolt. Non issue or toss it and get a new one?

Thanks

AndyLate
11-14-20, 09:22
I really should let someone else weigh in on the bolt stop chipping, but it's almost certainly caused by the BAD lever if the slot in the lower allows the stop to rotate freely.

The can pin wear is normal but they are cheap, swap it.

Andy

mpom
11-14-20, 11:04
Suspect the bolt catch is catching the bolt carrier and not the bolt. Check to see if the notch in the bolt catch matches the shape of the bolt carrier. Just lay bolt carrier on top of lower receiver.
Failure to lock back on empty could be due to bolt carrier not coming back far enough to be caught by catch, especially if problem persists after removing g BAD lever (extra weight).
If still not locking back on empty yet locking back manually, check the usual suspects, weak ammo, gas block alignment, gas tube, loose key, broken gas ring, lack of lube, Yada Yada.

Mark