PDA

View Full Version : SA Saint Victor?

robstercraw
11-14-20, 11:48
Ill preface this by saying I run primarily LMT rifles...besides my issued Colt 10.5. Having said that, this market is nuts as we all know. I do have access to a several SA Saint Victors that I'm eyeing up. After finger f'ing them they feel pretty solid. Anyone have any first hand experience with them? Looking for some higher round count reviews primarily. TY

markm
11-14-20, 12:58
Garbage. Our IT guy got one, and they ended up refunding his money. The piece of sh1t was keyholing M855 a like 10 yards. (not first hand, but I did see his paper targets)

Plato
11-14-20, 13:41
Garbage. Our IT guy got one, and they ended up refunding his money. The piece of sh1t was keyholing M855 a like 10 yards. (not first hand, but I did see his paper targets)

LoL

My buddy had the same problem with DD.

I had a broken gas tube on a brand new Colt.

Both issues were resolved by the manufacturer and never any more issues.

spiro
11-14-20, 15:11
I've had one for the last 2 years its a solid light weight rifle. Mine is the 16 inch version. The muzzle break is loud but does an outstanding job at reducing recoil. The fit and finish are really nice. I have around 6000 rounds through mine I haven't had any problems I enjoy shooting it.

L-2
11-14-20, 15:34
See a prior thread from me:
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?221345-Blown-Primers-Issue-Cured-by-Springfield-Armory&highlight=

My model was before the "Victor" series as I recall. It was called something like a "Saint M-Lok". It had some Bravo Company furniture and a regular flash hider, not a muzzle brake.

In summary, after owning it for maybe 1.5 years, I had intermittent primer blow-outs (over-pressure situation) for a few thousand rounds. As the blow outs were intermittent and it took me that 1.5 years to get through ~3,000 rounds, I didn't call Springfield sooner before getting them to take the rifle in for repair. I just kept thinking I had bad batches of ammo.

Over the six weeks without the rifle, Springfield reamed out the barrel's chamber and replaced the bolt carrier group before getting the gun back to me. This S-A now has 5180 rounds (2180 rounds since it was fixed).

My only other AR-15 experience were two issued Colt AR-15s; one which was brand new and immediately ruined the bolt's gas rings a few times before the armorer found some type of burr in the bolt carrier. The 2nd AR was somewhere used but worked well for a few years before the stock loosened up in the patrol SUV and the safety/selector detent got lost with the carbine rattling around all the time in a vertical long-gun mount.

It can just be time-consuming to assure a particular firearm is absolutely reliable. I don't believe I'd be financially able to do it now with 5.56/.223 ammo going for ~$1,000/case.

My other AR-15 is a Bravo Company 11.5" (it'll hopefully become an SBR soon) which had been running fine (3800 rounds so far).

robstercraw
11-15-20, 15:14
Thx for the feedback . I picked one up for $hits and giggles. Figure if I don’t care for it I can move it along quite easily .