PDA

View Full Version : Steiner P4Xi question!

Patriotne12
11-17-20, 22:57
I just got my new Steiner P4Xi 5202 delivered today! Upon taking to out of the box I noticed the red streaks on the cross hairs from the LED, are the normal, they were the last few brightest setting! Pictures were taken in my house!

I'm new to the ret dot scopes and this will be on my Colt LE6920 Socom!

also if these are normal or would you return it for a replacement! I bought it new at Optics Planet for $568.00!

Thanks for any advice,

MC_Oper8or
11-18-20, 00:15
Can't tell from the images. Take better pictures and call/email Steiner. Off hand, it doesn't sound abnormal as there might be some refraction in the tube at the highest settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patriotne12
11-18-20, 01:49
Thanks yes it seems to fade away at lower settings I haven't tried it outside yet, I sent a pm to Steiner

turnburglar
11-18-20, 03:16
I feel bad for the customer service teams at some of these places.

YES. Normal. Mount on rifle. adjust brightness as necessary.

georgeib
11-18-20, 04:39
Completely normal at higher brightness settings.

RKB Armory
11-18-20, 09:13
This is normal. The way I understand it is that the fiberoptic tube (that provides the dot) has to get to the center of the reticle by running behind one of the stadia, or lines, of the reticle. The fiber optic tube is hidden behind the stadia, and glued in place. This is more of an art than a science, and will not always be absolutely perfect. Especially if you don't want the stadia to be too wide.

Patriotne12
11-18-20, 15:36
I feel bad for the customer service teams at some of these places.

YES. Normal. Mount on rifle. adjust brightness as necessary.

Thanks for the dick response, I was just asking Mr Pro Sarcasm Man!:moil:

lt211
11-19-20, 08:40
I have the Steiner P4Xi and I get no such streak on the brightest setting. Even in complete darkness at the brightest setting, no hint of anything but the red dot. I have it on a 7.62 X 39 Ar upper and love it for this platform. I would try and swap it out but thats just me... It would bug me64350

Patriotne12
11-20-20, 01:52
thanks for the response, after further looking at it after taking it out of the box I also noticed the hex screw had a little rust spot on the head, smudge and swirls marks on the large glass front and a little blemish mark on the body! This was in a sealed brand new box! I doubt that Steiner would send it that way being the sealer sticker said inspected Steiner, I bought it from the OP and I'm sure they don't have that seal, OP seems a good place too! I'll see if they will return for an exchange!

turnburglar
11-20-20, 02:35
Glad you found the confirmation bias you where seeking. Do you actually have any experience with any LPVo's? A vortex Razor will have the exact same affect.

I have more than a few cases of ammo under my P4xi. But yea go with the dude that runs a 7.62x39 AR. :rolls eyes:

Patriotne12
11-20-20, 03:59
Again I am far from a novice and was just asking for information! But if was a pro and a new to scopes guy asked me Ide be more then happy to help him without pissing on his cornflakes, lol as for a LPVO, I wanted to try it! I did have a Eotec and really didn't care for it!

lt211
11-20-20, 08:24
Glad you found the confirmation bias you where seeking. Do you actually have any experience with any LPVo's? A vortex Razor will have the exact same affect.

I have more than a few cases of ammo under my P4xi. But yea go with the dude that runs a 7.62x39 AR. :rolls eyes:
Wow the dude that "runs" 7.62X39! You make a lot of ASSumptions turnburglar. I have many Ar platforms in 5.56/6.8 in the Colt/LMT/Noveskee/Kac variations. Many top tier riffles/ calibers and have been doing this for a very long time. I also "run several KAHLES and Nightforce optics... among others. My AR 7.62x39 is an awesome fun gun that’s 100% reliable! Got the Troy upper on sale for $400 last Christmas season for a fun range gun and its one of my favorite being that I can run steel case ammo through it all day long. Steel case and what not that I have a LOT of. I don’t know why you would attack this?

Patriotne12 your very welcome!

jsbhike
11-20-20, 09:56
Never noticed it before on my P4Xi, but on certain back grounds I can see it although the bloom is more noticeable and would have me turning it down anyway.

Leupold VXR has an equal dot brightness, but not seeing the red on the reticle lines