PDA

View Full Version : How to Kill the "1619 Project" in 30 seconds with one chart

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-18-20, 08:44
https://cdn.statcdn.com/Infographic/images/normal/19068.jpeg

https://www.statista.com/chart/19068/trans-atlantic-slave-trade-by-country-region/

So, if slaves were the key to the success of the United States, why isn't

Cuba twice as successful?
Jamaica three times as prosperous?
Guyanas giving us a run for our money?
Brazil's economy not 10 times bigger than ours?

I was really surprised by the numbers. I had no idea that Brazil had that much white guilt.

flenna
11-18-20, 09:38
Ok, but you are using logic and facts which are not pertinent to any conversations with the Leftists.

SomeOtherGuy
11-18-20, 10:05
Ok, but you are using logic and facts which are not pertinent to any conversations with the Leftists.

Was thinking about this. 100% true with die-hard leftists. But there are tons of people who are:
-not very political
-not serious students of anything
-not emotionally involved
-watch TV and get opinions formed by the leftist brainwashing

BUT

-are still reasonably intelligent, and
-will consider clear and SIMPLE facts and logic if presented nicely

The graphic above could be useful in reaching these people. Similar graphics could be made for a lot of the brainwashing type issues.

docsherm
11-18-20, 10:10

Stop being so racist....... :jester:

Jellybean
11-18-20, 10:10
Yeah, and the black woman who was behind this ridiculousness got debunked pretty hard recently too; apparently she straight up fabricated a lot of 'facts'. Not surprised; they turn everything into a fantasy wishlist of oppression so far above and beyond what happened it's almost hilarious if everyone wasn't so obsessed with it.
Drama queens. The lot of em. :rolleyes:

docsherm
11-18-20, 10:14

https://www.statista.com/chart/19068/trans-atlantic-slave-trade-by-country-region/

I was really surprised by the numbers. I had no idea that Brazil had that much white guilt.

A much better question is why it stops in 1866........ the US had stopped, but the trade still continues. I would like to see the numbers from 1866 -present, by country.

gunnerblue
11-18-20, 10:41
[QUOTE=docsherm;2902823]A much better question is why it stops in 1866........ the US had stopped, but the trade still continues. I would like to see the numbers from 1866 -present,

I'd guess the 1866 ending date has something to do with the 13th ammendment. Though the 1514 beginning date has nothing to do with the U.S. so maybe not.

By the end of the Civil War, slavery in the New World was already well on its way out. Most of the major European powers banned the practice before we did, Portugal being the last in the 1870's. Brazil was the last country in the Americas to keep people enslaved and that ended in 1888, iirc.

WickedWillis
11-18-20, 10:54

Also saying that slavery and slave labor was not crucial in creating a prosperous Country is just as retarded. Free labor in the south directly fed the rise of tycoons, as well as the cheap and slave Chinese labor used to build the railroads.

turnburglar
11-18-20, 11:40
One thing I heard that is very interesting.

We still have a very large population of african americans here in the states. Yet some of those countries got SIGNIFICANTLY more slaves sent to them, yet have a MUCH smaller level of african descendants living there today.

Why?

One theory was that when the other countries got rid of slavery, they also dumped the slaves. No one talks about that.

Honu
11-18-20, 11:48

YUP been using facts on folks all the time

also google up Anthony Johnson our country's first slave owner ! he was a black guy !

inequality for women and blacks ! someone should have told Madam C. J. Walker (1867-1919) was “the first black woman millionaire in America” she can't do it !

sadly the left does not care about facts only feelings and guilt and lies

also the spanish now latinos in Central America when they came and conquered that place they exported some 500,000 true local mayans aztecs etc... as slaves but now claim our country is theirs also !! and folks are buying into it

note I have nothing against the conquering of Central America I do against those who do not know history and NOW demand or want our country as it was theirs ! they do not know history as this is what happened in those days but they never conquered our land and go look up what Geronimo said about those folks :)

OH the conqueringstill goes on today with islamic folks trying to conquer europe and I think will !

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-18-20, 11:55
Also saying that slavery and slave labor was not crucial in creating a prosperous Country is just as retarded. Free labor in the south directly fed the rise of tycoons, as well as the cheap and slave Chinese labor used to build the railroads.

Salves aren't 'free'. They also aren't very efficient or effective labor. You want tycoons? We didn't really get tycoons until you had industrialization focused on the north. Northern tycoons amassed wealth in far greater numbers and amounts than Southerners ever did. Slavery really only worked when coupled with cotton gin.

How many slaves did Canada get? Want to live there or Guyanas?

Jellybean
11-18-20, 20:42
One thing I heard that is very interesting.

We still have a very large population of african americans here in the states. Yet some of those countries got SIGNIFICANTLY more slaves sent to them, yet have a MUCH smaller level of african descendants living there today.

Why?

One theory was that when the other countries got rid of slavery, they also dumped the slaves. No one talks about that.

Oh, we tried to do that too. But we were too broke from the Civil War to afford a 'return to sender' program...

Disciple
11-18-20, 20:56

Castration of slaves was common in Islamic countries I believe. Maybe others too?

SomeOtherGuy
11-18-20, 21:13
Castration of slaves was common in Islamic countries I believe. Maybe others too?

I don't think it was common in the Americas but I think most plantations south of the to-be USA generally avoided breeding slaves and just kept men and women physically separate. A lot of areas also had far worse working conditions resulting in far higher mortality rates, and had to buy new slaves constantly (from Africa) to replace dead slaves. Brutal all around.

maximus83
11-18-20, 21:27
This book from a serious scholar demolishes the frivolous and fraudulent claims of the 1619 project. Though, it's unlikely that our leftist educational bureaucrats are willing (or capable for that matter) to read and comprehend anything outside of their own echo chamber and propaganda. If they were great thinkers they wouldn't have been able to publish fluff like this in the first place.

1620: A Critical Response to the 1619 Project (https://www.amazon.com/1620-True-Beginning-American-Republic/dp/1641771240).

Peter W. Wood is president of the National Association of Scholars. A former professor of anthropology and college provost, he is the author of several books about American culture, including Diversity: The Invention of a Concept (2003) and A Bee in the Mouth: Anger in America Now (2007). He is editor-in-chief of the journal Academic Questions and a widely published essayist. In 2019, he received the Jeane Kirkpatrick Prize for contributions to academic freedom.

Averageman
11-18-20, 21:38
If you look at the raw numbers;
I would guess if 350,000 African Slaves came here, worked three generations until the were free to sell their labor, then you looked at 350,000 Irish who came here during the same time, economically and opportunity wise they weren't that far apart. Well perhaps easier to identify, but opportunity wise, not so much.
I honestly think the Northern Industrial Complex envied the Slave Trade and to no small degree was fought in order to move forward in to a less agricultural based society.
Those damned Industrial Barons who became our first Millionaires, pushed us forward. It was ugly as hell, but it was forward.

jsbhike
11-18-20, 21:54
A much better question is why it stops in 1866........ the US had stopped, but the trade still continues. I would like to see the numbers from 1866 -present, by country.

Because the arrows would have to be drawn in circles over certain current areas.

SteyrAUG
11-18-20, 22:07

Two things.

Guaranteed Africa was the last place to officially stop, and I said officially not what is actually still done.

Two, everyone think we kidnapped MILLIONS of slaves from Africa. The actual truth if Africans enslaved MILLIONS of other Africans and then traded or sold them on the slave trade. If we attempted to KIDNAP African slaves from Africa, entire crews would have been left dead on African shores.

But Alex Haleys "Roots" barely even hints at the idea that Africans enslaved other Africans and then traded or sold them to Europeans. Won't even start on the question of how slaves fared in Africa vs. the colonies but the ones that came here were the lucky ones.

jpmuscle
11-18-20, 22:42
It’s weird how Africa isn’t Wakanda in the year 2020... I can’t imagine why that’s the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

docsherm
11-18-20, 22:44
Two things.

Guaranteed Africa was the last place to officially stop, and I said officially not what is actually still done.

Two, everyone think we kidnapped MILLIONS of slaves from Africa. The actual truth if Africans enslaved MILLIONS of other Africans and then traded or sold them on the slave trade. If we attempted to KIDNAP African slaves from Africa, entire crews would have been left dead on African shores.

But Alex Haleys "Roots" barely even hints at the idea that Africans enslaved other Africans and then traded or sold them to Europeans. Won't even start on the question of how slaves fared in Africa vs. the colonies but the ones that came here were the lucky ones.

FYI..... I have been to a Slave auction in Africa. They are still going on.

My point is that it would not paint the Picture the libtards want.

SteyrAUG
11-18-20, 23:57
FYI..... I have been to a Slave auction in Africa. They are still going on.

My point is that it would not paint the Picture the libtards want.

We are saying the same thing. I was alluding to exactly what you said. If anyone in the US pulled a Boko Haram and truckloads of trailer park people started snatching middle school girls out of class to make them personal slave or auction them off on ebay the ENTIRE COUNTRY would lose their minds. But how many times does that happen in Africa a month? And the only real takeaway anyone in the US gets from it is that it's unfair to judge Islam by it's radicals.

And if African slaves really built this country, how come all of subsaharan Africa doesn't look like Manhattan. At least we mostly unassed and now China is trying to export civilization to them with mixed results. Kind of a shame, Egypt and Libya should be kings of the world at this point considering the head start they had.

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-19-20, 01:34
Two things.

I was reading somewhere about how Europeans had expiration dates shorter than milk in sub Saharan Africa... Literally a no-go zone. Near/off-shore, yes. Nobody humped it inshore to get slaves.

We are saying the same thing. I was alluding to exactly what you said. If anyone in the US pulled a Boko Haram and truckloads of trailer park people started snatching middle school girls out of class to make them personal slave or auction them off on ebay the ENTIRE COUNTRY would lose their minds. But how many times does that happen in Africa a month? And the only real takeaway anyone in the US gets from it is that it's unfair to judge Islam by it's radicals.

And if African slaves really built this country, how come all of subsaharan Africa doesn't look like Manhattan. At least we mostly unassed and now China is trying to export civilization to them with mixed results. Kind of a shame, Egypt and Libya should be kings of the world at this point considering the head start they had.

Libya? Oh, oh- I got the answer to that one. Rome meet Carthage. Stop it Carthage, stop it Carthage, STOP IT CARTHAGE. And that is why if you take Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny, a Carthaginian, and a blind man and throw a $100 bill in the air, the blind man will (eventually) get it- because the other three don't exist....

yoni
11-19-20, 02:53
My question is why is the attitude of a lot of American blacks so much different than blacks that live in other countries in the western hemisphere?

My workers and people I know in the Dominican, are among the hardest working people I have ever seen and many dream of starting a business. The only difference between me and them is the color of our skin. Nobody says Yoni you have white privilege. My crew consists of guys my color and blacks, that are very black. Every body just wants to improve their families lot.

Mjolnir
11-19-20, 04:31
My question is why is the attitude of a lot of American blacks so much different than blacks that live in other countries in the western hemisphere?

My workers and people I know in the Dominican, are among the hardest working people I have ever seen and many dream of starting a business. The only difference between me and them is the color of our skin. Nobody says Yoni you have white privilege. My crew consists of guys my color and blacks, that are very black. Every body just wants to improve their families lot.

It’s obviously a unique cultural thing here in the USA. It’s far too complex to type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteyrAUG
11-19-20, 05:05

Same as every other entitlement mentality group in the US, from college students who feel they should get free school, to drug addicts who expect free treatment, to trailer park dwellers who expect free health care and too many others to name. They have it too easy, people tried to help them so now they expect more free help.

Once we began to reward unfit parents for having too many children, the game was over.

And yeah, bring in some black Cubans who grew up under communism, give them a start up loan and watch them go. Some of them really do wonder why most Americans aren't already successful business owners.

BoringGuy45
11-19-20, 08:29

The black people who fall for this are just like the white people who do: 20 years ago, this crap was barely on the radar. It was confined to a few universities, but even most academics weren't embracing this Marxist nonsense yet. It has less to do with race and more to do with the radical generation. But this critical race theory shit has been dripped on college kids for the past two decades, so many of the black millennials are adopting this posture that they've been victimized and thus are owed everything and owe nothing in return. The white millennials want a cut of that, so they virtue signal, try to claim victimization themselves, and try to get listed as the "good white people".

donlapalma
11-19-20, 08:37

My workers and people I know in the Dominican, are among the hardest working people I have ever seen and many dream of starting a business. The only difference between me and them is the color of our skin. Nobody says Yoni you have white privilege. My crew consists of guys my color and blacks, that are very black. Every body just wants to improve their families lot.Because the USA is the richest and greatest country this earth has ever seen and everybody wants their piece of the pie. Preferably for free. These different groups of people have become very sly and cunning in their battle for resources.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

The_War_Wagon
11-19-20, 08:49
My family (Irish) were enslaved by the Quakers, and brought here as muscle - to keep the bears & Injuns at bay west of Philthy, in 1704.

All you johnny-come-latelies lookin' for "reparations," can take a number and line up BEHIND me.

http://youtu.be/uJCrb-K0F8w

maximus83
11-19-20, 09:29

It's due to two things: (1) Destructive entitlement policies caused by the US government (starting in the 60's with the Great Society programs), which incentivized having children out of wedlock and not working, and (2) the culture and recurring cycle in the black community of fatherless families, having children out of wedlock and not supporting them, rinse and repeat. Over 70% of black children are raised in fatherless families. Any culture that celebrates destructive B.S. like gangsta' culture, dehumanizing women as sexual objects and shunning the responsibility of fatherhood and stable families, will devolve as much of the black community has.

Disciple
11-19-20, 09:36
My family (Irish) were enslaved by the Quakers, and brought here as muscle - to keep the bears & Injuns at bay west of Philthy, in 1704.

I'd like to read about that. Quakers were early abolitionists so there must have been quite a shift within a couple of generations.

docsherm
11-19-20, 13:31

I know. I am not arguing with you. ;)