PDA

View Full Version : Recall on SIG Cross bolt guns

Slater
11-25-20, 16:17
Definite safety issues here. Testing starts around the 25 minute mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM0eq_FfDNs

https://www.sigsauer.com/blog/safety-recall-notice-sig-sauer-cross-bolt-action-rifle

NEWINGTON, N.H., (November 25, 2020) – Today Sig Sauer, Inc. is announcing a safety recall for the CROSS Bolt-Action Rifle, and consumers should immediately discontinue use of the rifle. This recall applies to all CROSS Bolt-Action rifles currently manufactured.

Sig Sauer has viewed an online video that presents a single CROSS Bolt-Action Rifle with a potential safety concern. This gun has been returned to Sig Sauer and upon evaluation it has been confirmed that the rifle exhibited a delayed discharge after the trigger was pulled. Sig Sauer has decided to issue a safety recall in order to implement a modification to the firing action to address this potential safety concern.

To register for the recall process please visit sigsauer.com/crossrecall or call Sig Sauer Customer Service at 603-610-3000, option 1. Following registration Sig Sauer will further communicate with you to arrange for the return of your rifle to Sig Sauer for the safety improvement. All shipment and replacement costs will be covered by Sig Sauer.

Sig Sauer is committed to providing the highest quality, industry leading firearms in the marketplace and is requesting that consumers take immediate action and follow the recall process as described.

GSPatton
11-25-20, 19:02
Good Lord, a Nutnfancy vid. I don't have an hour to listen to him talk about something that can be summed up in less than 60 seconds. Nutnfancy video drinking game: take a drink every time he says "POU", "second type of cool", or rocks a chest mounted velcro universal holster.

I'm just being hard on the guy, I actually like him.

Good info re: the Sig Cross. Hopefully they resolve it, as the concept is great.

Pappabear
11-27-20, 19:39
My buddy waited Dailey to get this rifle. Was so excited. Big Glock guy. So pissed at Sig now.

He ran 40 rounds through his with no issue. But how the fck do you release a gun this messed up after missing the release date by 4 ever.

Sig screwed this one. Big time and I like my 226 and MPX GUNS. But this is hard to swallow. Man oh man.

PB

KUSA
11-27-20, 20:28
I’ll wait until they get all the bugs out before I consider one. It certainly looks like it could be a great lightweight hunting rifle and perhaps more.

signal4l
11-27-20, 23:15
A recall on a newly designed SIG firearm....what a surprise

themonk
11-28-20, 07:12
A recall on a newly designed SIG firearm....what a surprise

Right! Talk about something that is now the standard in how they do business.

Vandal
11-29-20, 21:51
Somewhere in New Hampshire Kevin Brittingham is dancing in his shop after Sig ripped off The Fix.

sidewaysil80
11-30-20, 01:00
The real travesty is that they keep getting selected for contracts...even though they’re clearly plagued with reliability issues.

m4hk33
11-30-20, 05:51
My buddy waited Dailey to get this rifle. Was so excited. Big Glock guy. So pissed at Sig now.

He ran 40 rounds through his with no issue. But how the fck do you release a gun this messed up after missing the release date by 4 ever.

Sig screwed this one. Big time and I like my 226 and MPX GUNS. But this is hard to swallow. Man oh man.

PB

Although I do not considering Nutnfacy an authority on the matter, taking into account sigs track record over the past decade or so, I am incline to not question his account.

Considering the issues with the, P320, P230, MCX,MPX and even the finish on their legion line upon release, one should not be surprised if a new sig product has a major issue.

I just picked up a P320/M18 as a range toy, and time will tell if it could turn into a carry/home defense item.

TMS951
12-03-20, 09:24
Sig steals a design from Q, releases it and it needs a recall.

Classic SIG, why people buy sig USA products baffles me.

If its not apparent to people that SIG uses end consumers as beta testers they'll never get it.

If you want a SIG cross, buy the real deal and get a Q Fix.

mark5pt56
12-04-20, 07:01
Ok, you all knock off the Sig bashing. Keep it on the topic of the gun itself. And, no I don't have one.

Pappabear
12-06-20, 14:16
My Buddy brought this gun out to the ranch and tested a bunch of handloads and TAP168's, before sending back in to get warranty work done. In about 5 different loads, only one load shot 1.5 MOA, everything else was sub moa. It stacked them pretty good for a very light rifle. No issues with crazy firing and needless to stay, we were most careful.

PB

boosterboy
06-01-21, 02:50
I picked one up strictly out of curiosity.

Already have the recall work done. Not my first time being part of a Sig recall.

The button to fold/unfold the stock is not very intuitive, definitely takes some practice.

mark5pt56
06-01-21, 06:28
I picked one up strictly out of curiosity.

Already have the recall work done. Not my first time being part of a Sig recall.

The button to fold/unfold the stock is not very intuitive, definitely takes some practice.

What's your honest assessment of the rifle?

czgunner
06-01-21, 08:16
LOL Sig, do they ever release anything that isn't recalled? Between that and dropping support for "old" products is why I don't own their stuff anymore.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

mark5pt56
06-04-21, 07:14
Well, I'll have to sling some dope to pay for the Vudoo V22 as I said f it and picked up a Cross yesterday at the shop. The only real concern is the stock attachment, I'm sure that steel plate is stronger than it appears. I've been after a rifle like this for some time and I'm surprised we don't see more like it. Now to scope it!

Pappabear
06-10-21, 18:43
Well, I'll have to sling some dope to pay for the Vudoo V22 as I said f it and picked up a Cross yesterday at the shop. The only real concern is the stock attachment, I'm sure that steel plate is stronger than it appears. I've been after a rifle like this for some time and I'm surprised we don't see more like it. Now to scope it!

Mark, any range report yet? Despite the recall BS, I was pretty impressed with this rifle and could serve one well in a very light bolt gun role.

PB

mark5pt56
06-11-21, 06:26
Not yet, I just mounted the NF SHV on it yesterday. I do hope to by next week though. I have some SB 140 FMJ on hand along with 2 powders and bullets, I might break into my war stash in which I thought was 300, now 800 of the old 140 AMAX load.

Going through it, the only complaint (not really) is the stock pad assembly, that steel is only 1/8" maybe. If someone has a long LOP, it would make me nervous. Other than that, it seems that if will fit the intent of the rifle.

mark5pt56
06-22-21, 15:13
Few quick picks, did the sight in and Sig recommended break in(yeah, yeah) Only shot some SB 140 FMJ, actually squeaked out a 5 shot 1" group with that mess and some old 120 amax load was .75. I just loaded some Hornady 140 BTHP with Staball, will see when I can. Not sure if the follower is a Cross specific one or a new feature overall with the Magpul AICS mags? No feed issue with either or the actual AI metal ones. Scope is a NF SHV 3.5-10, didn't want too much weight on it and it's the best I could think of. I am glad I went with the Leupold AR mount as it places the scope at the right height for me. No cycling issues, all feed, fired and ejected 100%.

Mark
http://i.imgur.com/p7lRB4E.jpg?1 (https://imgur.com/p7lRB4E)
http://i.imgur.com/Zz1w8Pf.jpg?1 (https://imgur.com/Zz1w8Pf)
http://i.imgur.com/hqmrGu6.jpg (https://imgur.com/hqmrGu6)
http://i.imgur.com/PV9oqVB.jpg (https://imgur.com/PV9oqVB)

LowSpeed_HighDrag
06-28-21, 03:34
I'm very intrigued by this Sig. Guys on the hide seem to be getting great results from theirs.

Sooter76
06-28-21, 08:25
I love Sig so much!

T2C
06-28-21, 08:53
What parts are being replaced in the Sig rifle?

Bellycrawl
01-16-22, 09:14
I thought I would resurrect this after its 6+ months silence. I picked up a cross (6.5 CM), and its had to go back to Sig for an out-of-align barrel (my diagnosis). I wasn't able to zero a 30mm Vortex LHT as there was not enough windage in this optic's 30 mm tube. Sig's CS has been super easy to work with. The accuracy of the Rifle was impressive. I shot three different factory loads (Hornady 147 ELD-M, Hornady 120 AMAX, and Norma 140 match hunters), and the accuracy with all three was impressive. Initial shooting was around .4-.75 moa so the accuracy is definitely there. My goal was to handload the ELD-Xs for it or shoot the Norma 140s.

I was impressed with the robustness of the bolt and barrel extension, after all its made for the .277 Fury. This is probably where most of the rifle's weight is. Trigger was really good and broke at a consistent 2.25 lbs. Mine was post-recall and has the middle position in using the safety. The stock locks up solid and the adjustability, and the folding design works really well. Handguard is very light, thin, but I won't be mounting anything but a bipod. I had to grind down the bolts on a M-Lok, aluminum picatinny rail as they would have touched the barrel. I plan to run a SilencerCO Omega 30 on it.

If I run my Vortex LHT 4.5-30, this will be a great lightweight hunting rifle if the barrel comes back strait.

Blessings,

BC

Bellycrawl
05-02-22, 22:40
Update,

Unfortunately, the rifle did not come back in much better condition. I had to settle on a Primary Arms 4-16 with the ACSS reticle. The optic has enough windage to work and is light enough to satisfy my needs. The previous Vortex attempt did not have enough windage adj to correct the lack of ability to zero.

Before buying a Sig Cross, I would caution potential buyers to research this issue as it seems to be more prevalent then I ever knew about. My buddies Cross has a similar issue but not as extreme as mine.

Blessings,

FrankW
06-18-22, 22:21
This is so depressing. For the price, this rifle should not have these issues!

Im looking for a lite weight hunting set up. Would you still recommend this rifle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grizzman
06-18-22, 23:33
This is so depressing. For the price this rifle should have these issues!

Im looking for a lite weight hunting set up. Would you still recommend this rifle?

It doesn't seem like a good choice at this point in time.

A Tikka T3X TAC A1 is $400 more than the Sig. A Bergara B14 Wilderness HMR is about $500 less than the Sig. I ended up slightly modding my non-Wilderness HMR to stop cartridges loaded to 2.850" OAL from getting hung up, but it only took a few minutes.

FrankW
06-19-22, 07:30
It doesn't seem like a good choice at this point in time.

A Tikka T3X TAC A1 is $400 more than the Sig. A Bergara B14 Wilderness HMR is about $500 less than the Sig. I ended up slightly modding my non-Wilderness HMR to stop cartridges loaded to 2.850" OAL from getting hung up, but it only took a few minutes.

This is killing me. Those are great choices but the cross is still the lite weight compact winner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk