PDA

View Full Version : LaRue BCG

csun_00
12-02-08, 16:04
I am helping a friend assemble a new Black Rifle. We were waiting on a BCM BCG, which is what I currently run on my Sabre Middy. He decided to go with a LaRue BCG he saw on their site the other day. I am not familiar with the LaRue BCG and I wanted to consult the wisdom of the forum to find out the quality, and if there would be any issues I should look out for. I have some crane O rings i can put in it if those are missing so that is not an issue. Any thoughts?

warpigM-4
12-02-08, 16:13
wait for the bmc bcg I was told today maybe mid dec on the next batch.I don't believe the Larue bcg are Mp tested.I am sure someone with more knowledge will chime in:D

Dave L.
12-02-08, 16:32
wait for the bmc bcg I was told today maybe mid dec on the next batch.I don't believe the Larue bcg are Mp tested.I am sure someone with more knowledge will chime in:D

I have no problem waiting 2-3 weeks. The BCM BCG is a great product.

C4IGrant
12-03-08, 11:18
I am helping a friend assemble a new Black Rifle. We were waiting on a BCM BCG, which is what I currently run on my Sabre Middy. He decided to go with a LaRue BCG he saw on their site the other day. I am not familiar with the LaRue BCG and I wanted to consult the wisdom of the forum to find out the quality, and if there would be any issues I should look out for. I have some crane O rings i can put in it if those are missing so that is not an issue. Any thoughts?

LT BCG's do NOT follow the TDP (meaning they do not meet the US Govt reqs for a BCG). Seeing how they are the same price as LMT's and BCM's, I would wait for the one that has ACTUALLY been tested.

Here is LT's thoughts on their BCG's: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=219&t=166329

Companies that make bolts for .Mil contracts (that HPT and MP test) advise me that they get rejected bolts every batch they run. So it is ignorant to think/say that bolts never fail right off the machine.

So if you are paying the same amount of money, why wouldn't you want one that has been tested for cracks???

C4

frbowers
12-03-08, 13:01
With LaRue's reputation for quality and customer service why is everyone shitting themselves over their BCGs?

C4IGrant
12-03-08, 13:23
With LaRue's reputation for quality and customer service why is everyone shitting themselves over their BCGs?

I do not think that anyone is "shitting themselves". I think most of the questions about LT BCG's comes from this thread: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=392590&page=1

When you say that your BCG's are "Mil-Spec" (http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=145) then you had better be able to recite the TDP standard for them and say if you are following it or not.

No one questioning LT "Customer SVC or Quality." They do not make their BCG's though so these two things are irrelevant.

C4

Dave L.
12-03-08, 14:06
So if you are paying the same amount of money, why wouldn't you want one that has been tested for cracks???
C4

It's sad when that question has to be asked.