PDA

View Full Version : suppressed/unsuppressed

oncewas
11-28-20, 12:38
I have a 14.7in that I cut off the pinned and welded A2 cage, I'm going to pin and weld a DeadAir flash hider. My question is should I add an Adjustable gas block before I pin and weld the F/H? I've got a Nomad 30 can in jail that will being shared with a 16in 223Wylde and a 11.5in 5.56 built. Most times suppressed but not always. So is an adjustable gas block recommended?

markm
11-28-20, 12:39
Since it's pinned, I'd say no. And adjustable has moving parts which means it could need repair at some point. I'd opt for the BRT tubes because they can be changed out on a perm fh barrel.

Wake27
11-28-20, 15:22
Since it's pinned, I'd say no. And adjustable has moving parts which means it could need repair at some point. I'd opt for the BRT tubes because they can be changed out on a perm fh barrel.

My recommendation as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red*Lion
11-28-20, 17:16
If I read your post correctly, it sound like you removed your existing pin/weld MD and want to replace it with another pin/weld MD? If that is the case, then I would suggest to add the adjustable GB.

opngrnd
11-28-20, 17:50

My recommendation as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These^

oncewas
11-28-20, 19:05
First I've heard of the BRT Eztubes. I'll check them out more so I understand them better. But from what little I read they are custom tubes with specific sized port holes used to adjust the gas flow.
But how do you know which size to use?
And if it's wrong you're just out the cost of an adjustable gas block?

opngrnd
11-28-20, 19:38
First I've heard of the BRT Eztubes. I'll check them out more so I understand them better. But from what little I read they are custom tubes with specific sized port holes used to adjust the gas flow.
But how do you know which size to use?
And if it's wrong you're just out the cost of an adjustable gas block?

There's a pull down tab where you answer a bunch of questions. You'll get it right.

Clint
11-28-20, 20:15
The sizing works like this:

Select the"tune" you'd like e.x. 50/50 Mixed suppressed

Select the other stuff like barrel length, buffer, etc.

We figure out the actual size to make that happen.

Pappabear
11-28-20, 20:34
The sizing works like this:

Select the"tune" you'd like e.x. 50/50 Mixed suppressed

Select the other stuff like barrel length, buffer, etc.

We figure out the actual size to make that happen.

If you choose 100% suppressed, then you get just that, just explain it in detail what you want and Clint will set you up. Just communicate and your GTG.

Its a solid company with good intentions.

PB

oncewas
11-28-20, 23:23
Okay I think I get it but do I need to remove the current gas block and measure the port on the barrel? I saw that was one of the questions on the drop down and at present I have no idea what it would be.

gunnerblue
11-29-20, 01:03
BRT Custom sized gas ports also work well. Permanent modification that allows the use of standard tube, buffers, etc. The drop downs on the BRT site will help you decide which size to get. I installed several following their recommendations and all work exactly as intended.

11-29-20, 07:19
Okay I think I get it but do I need to remove the current gas block and measure the port on the barrel? I saw that was one of the questions on the drop down and at present I have no idea what it would be.

Leave that as “BRT recommended size”. Its for people that know what size tube they want to be able to pick. You don’t need to remove the block or measure anything.

oncewas
11-29-20, 15:30
Leave that as “BRT recommended size”. Its for people that know what size tube they want to be able to pick. You don’t need to remove the block or measure anything.

Great thanks I'll look into getting one. Now if they just made one for a 300blk pistol length barrel I'd be set.

Clint
11-29-20, 15:57
https://blackrivertactical.com/WP/BRT-EZTUNE-Gas-Tube-Modified-PISTOL-p263270916

Great thanks I'll look into getting one. Now if they just made one for a 300blk pistol length barrel I'd be set.

oncewas
11-29-20, 17:24
https://blackrivertactical.com/WP/BRT-EZTUNE-Gas-Tube-Modified-PISTOL-p263270916

Great I'll be ordering one as soon as the first. Have to get paid before I can order.

oncewas
12-15-20, 20:24
Well I received both BRT gas tubes today. The one for the 14.7in is a no brainer. But I'm still concerned about the one for the 10.5in 300blk. It was working fine unsuppressed but suppressed it was not locking back until I changed the buffer and went to a H2. But the last time I had it out (before the H2) it would not lock back on last round. I'm thinking I'll go ahead and install the BRT tube with the Seekins AGB I bought for it. But before I do something that is only going to complicate things I thought it might be best to post here. Yea/nay on the Seekins? This is on a Ruger556 10.5in 300Blk. I did upgrade the trigger to a ALG ACT and of course added the DeadAir Sandman Ti.