PDA

View Full Version : Guys. Hey guys. Everything I said about nightvision was wrong.

Eurodriver
12-07-20, 08:21
I just got my first set of binos. Binos > Single tube. 100% of the time. Every time. (Exception: I’d take a quality WP single tube over a shitty pair of binos)

I don’t know why I used to say “it’s handy to preserve natural nightvision in one eye” what a dumbass I was! Why would you even need natural nightvision when you’ve got enhanced warrior nightvision in both eyes? Lmaooo

That is all.

Corse
12-07-20, 08:25
But what if I can’t justify $5k++ for even the low end binos?

12-07-20, 08:26
What did you end up getting, Euro?

But what if I can’t justify $5k++ for even the low end binos? Then you want a PVS 14 with filmless tube.

Mr. Goodtimes
12-07-20, 08:35
But what if I can’t justify $5k++ for even the low end binos?

You will die in the reset. Poverty kills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clint
12-07-20, 11:04
Yes,

RNVG DTNVG BNVD PS31...

Do tell!

What did you end up getting, Euro?

B Cart
12-07-20, 11:12
Which ones did you get?

And playing with high end Thermal optics will also destroy your pocket book. I just got into the thermal game (Super Hogster and Halo LR), and that is also such a game changer. I killed my first coyote behind my thermal scope on Saturday night and it was almost like cheating.

docsherm
12-07-20, 11:13
I just got my first set of binos. Binos > Single tube. 100% of the time. Every time. (Exception: I’d take a quality WP single tube over a shitty pair of binos)

I don’t know why I used to say “it’s handy to preserve natural nightvision in one eye” what a dumbass I was! Why would you even need natural nightvision when you’ve got enhanced warrior nightvision in both eyes? Lmaooo

That is all.

I know......MY WP PVS14s are awesome....... :dirol:

taliv
12-07-20, 16:19
welcome to the club, Capt Obvious! :)

on deck revelation: get the best EBI, SNR, and Line pairs per, and forget about a black spot here or there

in the hole: water is wet

WickedWillis
12-07-20, 17:21
The single tube PVS14 is what I'm saving up for currently, to step into this world.

Alex V
12-07-20, 17:48
I went from nothing to binos. Not gonna lie, makes you feel like you have a superpower at night.

12-07-20, 17:55
I went from nothing to binos. Not gonna lie, makes you feel like you have a superpower at night.

You do.

CRAMBONE
12-07-20, 21:57

You should try a pair of the four tube nods, like the GPNVG-18 with WP tubes. It’s crazy!

CRAMBONE
12-07-20, 21:57
Yes,

RNVG DTNVG BNVD PS31...

Do tell!

Where’s a good write of the differences between those models?

arptsprt
12-07-20, 22:07
Pfff... Duh... lol.

I started with Binos but playing around with my articulating tubes and raising one to “maintain” natural night vision, I’ve yet to figure out why. Running around with a set of WP Binos with good specs does seem like a superpower!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Defaultmp3
12-07-20, 23:28
Where’s a good write of the differences between those models?

RNVG: AB Night Vision product, aluminum, non-articulating, uses PVS-14 optics, no gain control, dovetail only, onboard IR illuminator, LEMO connector to use battery pack
DTNVG: ACT In Black product, polymer, articulating, auto-shut-off when articulated out the way, uses PVS-14 optics, a little heavier than the L-3 PVS-31s, no gain control, being replaced by the DTNVS, dovetail only, onboard IR illuminator
BNVD: Not sure, lot of different models use this nomenclature; if it's the NVD product, polymer, articulating, auto-shut-off when articulated out the way, a little heavier than the DTNVG, single and dual gain control options, dovetail only, onboard IR illuminator, battery pack capable
PS31: ATN product, polymer and metal, articulating, auto-shut-off when articulated out the way, a little heavier than the NVD BNVD, no gain control, dovetail only, onboard IR illuminator, battery pack capable

RNVG is probably the best product for dead simple durability, due to it being aluminum and non-articulating. DTNVS is probably the best option if you're dead set on having articulation. No real good option for any ball detent NODs easily accessible for civilians right now, though TNVC is working on something that is actually optimized as such, rather than something like the Sentinels in which the ball detent was shoehorned in and still had a very high profile when stowed.

I have a friend who had run both monoculars and binos while in the Army, and prefers monoculars for moving through the woods and stuff, and binos for urban/room clearing. That being said, the binos were hand-me-downs from a SOF unit, so they were pretty busted up, so while it was apples to apples in terms of tube quality, not sure it transfers over to quality binos vs. quality monoculars.

12-08-20, 04:52
To add to this: BNVD vs DTNVG

BNVD is available with more options, such as onboard connector for external battery pack and manual gain knob. These things must be requested at the time of purchase. It is also available in a “ultralight” or “UL” model. Mine weighs 17.8 oz on a digital food scale with homemade tiedown and the included lens covers, but no battery. For comparison, the DTNVG is advertised at between 20oz and 22oz, depending on who’s site you look at.

The RNVG does not articulate, but it does have interpupilary distance adjustment. It is heavy, but I don’t have numbers. It’d be cooler if it used the ball detent system like the A/N ANVS 6.

On the subject of Army dudes preferring monos over binos for some tasks, be aware that most Army dudes barely know what they are handed, and many only use them once every blue moon. I recently transferred to a new unit, and in a training meeting, we were talking about doing some night driving. I asked “what kind of NODs do we have?” Answer was “Binos, but we’re turning them in for monos.” “Why?” “We tried to keep them, but we’re not authorized them anymore” “wut?”. Turns out, those “binos” were PVS-7’s, which are not true binos, and not very good, comparatively. I entered into that discussion with the assumption that we were talking about PVS-15’s. I’ve since discovered that this confusion is not particularly unusual.

Another reason that some Army dudes prefer mono over bino relates to the only using them once in a blue moon bit. They don’t use them often enough to know the tricks that are obvious to any enthusiast. To them, the difference between the -14 and -15 is weight, admittedly a big delta. But the part that matters most is that the all that weight is on the front. We can remedy this with a counterweight, but not everybody does that, or is even aware its a thing. Or they may not be allowed to.

I’m not trash-talking your buddy; just pointing out that we need to consider experience level when taking advice from Soldiers. And, like you said, hand-me-downs can be beat up. Plus dudes have been staring at street lights and LA-5 lasers for a decade of abuse.

RNVG: AB Night Vision product, aluminum, non-articulating, uses PVS-14 optics, no gain control, dovetail only, onboard IR illuminator, LEMO connector to use battery pack
DTNVG: ACT In Black product, polymer, articulating, auto-shut-off when articulated out the way, uses PVS-14 optics, a little heavier than the L-3 PVS-31s, no gain control, being replaced by the DTNVS, dovetail only, onboard IR illuminator
BNVD: Not sure, lot of different models use this nomenclature; if it's the NVD product, polymer, articulating, auto-shut-off when articulated out the way, a little heavier than the DTNVG, single and dual gain control options, dovetail only, onboard IR illuminator, battery pack capable
PS31: ATN product, polymer and metal, articulating, auto-shut-off when articulated out the way, a little heavier than the NVD BNVD, no gain control, dovetail only, onboard IR illuminator, battery pack capable

RNVG is probably the best product for dead simple durability, due to it being aluminum and non-articulating. DTNVS is probably the best option if you're dead set on having articulation. No real good option for any ball detent NODs easily accessible for civilians right now, though TNVC is working on something that is actually optimized as such, rather than something like the Sentinels in which the ball detent was shoehorned in and still had a very high profile when stowed.

I have a friend who had run both monoculars and binos while in the Army, and prefers monoculars for moving through the woods and stuff, and binos for urban/room clearing. That being said, the binos were hand-me-downs from a SOF unit, so they were pretty busted up, so while it was apples to apples in terms of tube quality, not sure it transfers over to quality binos vs. quality monoculars.

Alex V
12-08-20, 08:12
You should try a pair of the four tube nods, like the GPNVG-18 with WP tubes. It’s crazy!

TNVC doesn't take kidneys as payment and Im not sure how else I can get the $40K+ to get a set lol.

To add to this: BNVD vs DTNVG

BNVD is available with more options, such as onboard connector for external battery pack and manual gain knob. These things must be requested at the time of purchase. It is also available in a “ultralight” or “UL” model. Mine weighs 17.8 oz on a digital food scale with homemade tiedown and the included lens covers, but no battery. For comparison, the DTNVG is advertised at between 20oz and 22oz, depending on who’s site you look at.

ActInBlack recently posted a photo on their IG of a power connector which replaces the battery cap at the front of the DTNVG and DTNVS. Seems like you can connect to a pack with that accessory now. With lens covers and no battery my DTNVG are 21.34oz on my food scale FWIW.

Defaultmp3
12-08-20, 09:54
On the subject of Army dudes preferring monos over binos for some tasks, be aware that most Army dudes barely know what they are handed, and many only use them once every blue moon. I recently transferred to a new unit, and in a training meeting, we were talking about doing some night driving. I asked “what kind of NODs do we have?” Answer was “Binos, but we’re turning them in for monos.” “Why?” “We tried to keep them, but we’re not authorized them anymore” “wut?”. Turns out, those “binos” were PVS-7’s, which are not true binos, and not very good, comparatively. I entered into that discussion with the assumption that we were talking about PVS-15’s. I’ve since discovered that this confusion is not particularly unusual.

Another reason that some Army dudes prefer mono over bino relates to the only using them once in a blue moon bit. They don’t use them often enough to know the tricks that are obvious to any enthusiast. To them, the difference between the -14 and -15 is weight, admittedly a big delta. But the part that matters most is that the all that weight is on the front. We can remedy this with a counterweight, but not everybody does that, or is even aware its a thing. Or they may not be allowed to.

I’m not trash-talking your buddy; just pointing out that we need to consider experience level when taking advice from Soldiers. And, like you said, hand-me-downs can be beat up. Plus dudes have been staring at street lights and LA-5 lasers for a decade of abuse.My friend used monoculars extensively while he was OpFor at JRTC; he's also the person that I know personally that has the most extensive experience moving at night in the field with NVGs. The binos he used were some hand-me-down 31s from SF, IIRC. I have other friends that strongly disagree with his assessment, including a guy that regularly OpFors at DARC, but OpForing at DARC is a very different environment than moving in the woods night after night with a squad; I suspect it's mainly a function of much more familiarity with the PVS-14 along with the relatively poor tubes used. I personally have never used monoculars, so I do not have a base to compare against, but I did not find moving in the desert with quality binos to be burdensome, particularly with focal caps.

I wouldn't even call PVS-7s "fake binos", they're just straight up not binocular. They're biocular.

TNVC doesn't take kidneys as payment and Im not sure how else I can get the $40K+ to get a set lol.Payment plans. There are also quad tubes that are now hitting the market with no civilian restrictions (the Photonis units).

ActInBlack recently posted a photo on their IG of a power connector which replaces the battery cap at the front of the DTNVG and DTNVS. Seems like you can connect to a pack with that accessory now. With lens covers and no battery my DTNVG are 21.34oz on my food scale FWIW.The DICC is a product that exists in the real world, but is also perpetually OOS, and is not an actual factory solution, but an aftermarket one (though one that ACT In Black will accept as a mod that does not violate warranty or anything). Like most proprietary cables, it's also fairly expensive, at >400 USD.

Alex V
12-08-20, 10:57
Payment plans. There are also quad tubes that are now hitting the market with no civilian restrictions (the Photonis units).

Stop putting ideas in my head!

The DICC is a product that exists in the real world, but is also perpetually OOS, and is not an actual factory solution, but an aftermarket one (though one that ACT In Black will accept as a mod that does not violate warranty or anything). Like most proprietary cables, it's also fairly expensive, at >400 USD.

I didn't know that. Good to know. With an advertised battery life of something like 25 hours I didn't look into a battery pack for my DTNVGs so I had no idea bout the cost or availability. I just have a counterweight with a few more CR123s in the back.

As for the single vs dual tube debate; as said earlier, I went from nothing to duals, so I can't compare real world experience. I did try walking the wooded part of my property and a cleared path through overgrowth with one pod up and it felt a bit disorienting. Having my eyes seeing two different images with drastically different levels of illumination really messed me up.

Ironman8
12-08-20, 11:48
As for the single vs dual tube debate; as said earlier, I went from nothing to duals, so I can't compare real world experience. I did try walking the wooded part of my property and a cleared path through overgrowth with one pod up and it felt a bit disorienting. Having my eyes seeing two different images with drastically different levels of illumination really messed me up.

I just got in the game myself with a -14 so I'm no expert, but from what the real experts say and based on my limited experience with playing around with the -14, the key is to turn down the gain way low so that the difference between one eye and the other isn't so drastic. This will help movement and eye strain or disorientation issues.

12-08-20, 12:04
Yeah, turning the gain down is a good technique. There is a tendency to turn it up higher than needed.

Alex V
12-08-20, 12:54
I just got in the game myself with a -14 so I'm no expert, but from what the real experts say and based on my limited experience with playing around with the -14, the key is to turn down the gain way low so that the difference between one eye and the other isn't so drastic. This will help movement and eye strain or disorientation issues.

Yeah, turning the gain down is a good technique. There is a tendency to turn it up higher than needed.

No gain control... :-p

Ironman8
12-08-20, 13:26

Which is the main reason why I would choose BNVD's over DTNVG/S every time. You've got a great setup though when you run it like it's intended...as duals.

12-08-20, 15:55

Oops. Disregard.

donlapalma
12-08-20, 18:07
I really need to ignore this thread. Really. Really. Need. To.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Manofmayhem
12-08-20, 18:47

Sent from my SM-G981U using TapatalkJoin me in purchasing some NODs. I've been psyching myself up for the past 2 months to buy them.

B Cart
12-09-20, 09:56

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Seriously though. I just dropped a lot of money on Thermal, and now i'm already looking at NV tubes.... My wife just got the kitchen renovation she wanted, so that means i get something too, right?

Lowdown3
12-10-20, 07:30
Been running BNVD Single gain and Ultralight BNVD single gain units for years now and have never had an issue.

Single gain control allows you to control the gain (dim or brighten the image for an easy description). You sometimes see NO GAIN units called "auto gain" but this is just a way to try to church up what it really is = No control over gain.
So if say there is snow on the ground and more than a 1/4 moon and it's so bright out it's burning your retinas you can turn down the tubes a bit to create less eye fatigue. When you get into changing light conditions you can change your gain, a little more in the deeper darker woods, a little less in an open field. Gain control is a very important option however many of the dual sets don't have that.

You'll hear a lot about IPD and how "critical" that is. If you don't know better you will believe the hype that if your IPD isn't set to absolute perfect using an algebra formula that your brain will literally explode. OK, that's total BS. I made a point of running a 2 day class last fall with my IPD purposely set incorrectly to see if after 16 hours under NODS would I suffer any issues. Not a damn one. Quite the contrary, opening up my IPD a bit I got a wider FOV than normal, which helped with target detection at times.

A quality built right pair of duals will not require "IPD stops", big screws to hold them in place (that will get gunked up in the field) or any non sense like that.

On the BNVDs and Ultralight BNVDs you simply pull the pods where you need them and run with it. Just like when you pick up a friend's pair of daylight binos- there is no BS algebra involved, you simply move the lenses where it works for you and run with it. A quality pair of duals should operate the same way AND the pods should stay right there. Do jumping jacks with them on, run up and down hills, etc. and they won't move. And they shouldn't require additional accessories to hold them in place- that's called a clue that the unit isn't up to snuff if it requires accessories to hold the pods in place!

taliv
12-10-20, 08:40
hmmm... snow at night is a condition i don't think I've used my nods in. i'll have to make a point of going out next time it snows

RHINOWSO
12-10-20, 14:24
Colt 6920, Glock 19, and ammo.... right?

MountainRaven
12-10-20, 15:45
Colt 6920, Glock 19, and ammo.... right?

I mean... he did once post a BCM 11.5 with KMR, Aimpoint Micro, PEQ-15, SureFire, and a can in one of the KISS threads.

But he’s also gotten into 1911s and 2011s, recently, and even admitted that the 1911 has replaced his venerable G19 gen 3 as his nightstand gun, so...

I’m sure he’ll tell you that there’s a difference between what you “need” and what you want or can perform most bestest with. Like, yes, he has a 1911 that he really digs, rocks NODs, and so forth, but most people, most of the time are better off sinking whatever limited funds they have into a G19, a 6920, and a pile if ammo.

If you have the desire and the finances to go all in on NODs, I’m sure he’d say to do it. Likewise if you have the desire and the finances to go all in on a (or many) 1911 or 2011.

But I may be totally wrong and understand that you’re just ribbing him.

WickedWillis
12-10-20, 15:46
I mean... he did once post a BCM 11.5 with KMR, Aimpoint Micro, PEQ-15, SureFire, and a can in one of the KISS threads.

But he’s also gotten into 1911s and 2011s, recently, and even admitted that the 1911 has replaced his venerable G19 gen 3 as his nightstand gun, so...

I’m sure he’ll tell you that there’s a difference between what you “need” and what you want or can perform most bestest with. Like, yes, he has a 1911 that he really digs, rocks NODs, and so forth, but most people, most of the time are better off sinking whatever limited funds they have into a G19, a 6920, and a pile if ammo.

If you have the desire and the finances to go all in on NODs, I’m sure he’d say to do it. Likewise if you have the desire and the finances to go all in on a (or many) 1911 or 2011.

Euro is me if I had the budget lol

RHINOWSO
12-10-20, 16:59

It's just ball busting. ;)

Five_Point_Five_Six
12-10-20, 20:17
I'm just glad Euro wasn't coming in here to tell us he'd changed his mind about Sig Romeo's and Horosun.

JediGuy
12-10-20, 21:11
Horosun.

*chortle

RHINOWSO
12-11-20, 07:25
I'm just glad Euro wasn't coming in here to tell us he'd changed his mind about Sig Romeo's and Horosun.
Wouldn't surprise me, really... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Coal Dragger
12-12-20, 14:14
For some reason I’ve been finding myself wanting to have access to NOD’s again. So how much progress has been made since the PVS-14? That’s the last set I have any extended experience with.

To think I took them for granted at the time.

Eurodriver
12-14-20, 06:48

Never.

You’re not wrong.

I recently got into bow hunting. It was so interesting to be on the other side of the coin for the first time in years.

I wanted a Hoyt carbon bow with a single pin adjustable sight and a thumb release, etc etc. like $2000. The guy at the archery store was like “Dude, stop. I can sell you all that but really I recommend you buy this used quality Mathews for $800 and a bunch of field tip arrows and come back for an upgrade when you’ve shot it 1,000 times”

I was like holy shit this is exactly what I tell people with guns.

If you have the funds and the time to train and you’ve been rocking drills and matches for a long time with each there is no reason to keep only a 6920 and a G19.

The issue is when Larry, our resident AR General Discussion newbie wants some guns but wants “something different” and ends up building his own (lol) or buying some weird shit with skulls on the lower. Imagine that guy trying to perform immediate action under NVGs. He’s likely to kill himself.

Fortunately, those guys are usually cheap (not poor, as I’ve recently noticed people who are stupid cheap with guns usually have the most money!) and would never buy such things.

Eurodriver
12-14-20, 06:58
Been running BNVD Single gain and Ultralight BNVD single gain units for years now and have never had an issue.

Single gain control allows you to control the gain (dim or brighten the image for an easy description). You sometimes see NO GAIN units called "auto gain" but this is just a way to try to church up what it really is = No control over gain.
So if say there is snow on the ground and more than a 1/4 moon and it's so bright out it's burning your retinas you can turn down the tubes a bit to create less eye fatigue. When you get into changing light conditions you can change your gain, a little more in the deeper darker woods, a little less in an open field. Gain control is a very important option however many of the dual sets don't have that.

You'll hear a lot about IPD and how "critical" that is. If you don't know better you will believe the hype that if your IPD isn't set to absolute perfect using an algebra formula that your brain will literally explode. OK, that's total BS. I made a point of running a 2 day class last fall with my IPD purposely set incorrectly to see if after 16 hours under NODS would I suffer any issues. Not a damn one. Quite the contrary, opening up my IPD a bit I got a wider FOV than normal, which helped with target detection at times.

A quality built right pair of duals will not require "IPD stops", big screws to hold them in place (that will get gunked up in the field) or any non sense like that.

On the BNVDs and Ultralight BNVDs you simply pull the pods where you need them and run with it. Just like when you pick up a friend's pair of daylight binos- there is no BS algebra involved, you simply move the lenses where it works for you and run with it. A quality pair of duals should operate the same way AND the pods should stay right there. Do jumping jacks with them on, run up and down hills, etc. and they won't move. And they shouldn't require additional accessories to hold them in place- that's called a clue that the unit isn't up to snuff if it requires accessories to hold the pods in place!

Agreed on all points. People get all geeked out on nightvision, and I think it stems from lack of people’s ability to use it (even if they have it) and afford it if they don’t have it. So they wanna discuss specs, FOM, etc. I don’t even know what those specs mean and I’ve been shooting under NV for almost 15 years! (I’m getting old holy shit) IPD is another. Venture over to ARFCOM and you’d think, as you said, you’d go blind if it was set wrong. I didn’t even know what IPD was until a few weeks ago lol.

My only give a shit with NV:

“Is the image in focus” If yes, rock on. If no, adjust until it.

My duals do not have manual gain and I do not like it.

So far I haven’t run into it being an issue but I still don’t like it.

Lowdown3
12-14-20, 08:05
For some reason I’ve been finding myself wanting to have access to NOD’s again. So how much progress has been made since the PVS-14? That’s the last set I have any extended experience with.

To think I took them for granted at the time.

Not so much that the platform itself (PVS14) has changed but tubes have gotten a LOT better in the ten years.

Around 2010 most would have thought of a 20 SN tube as a super great tube. Now it's pretty blah and numbers for SN average a helluva lot higher.

Photonis has also entered the US market and is kicking the crap out of White Phosphor sales for Elbit and L3 as well. Offering a very low cost WP unit with great performance.

Defaultmp3
12-14-20, 08:51
A quality built right pair of duals will not require "IPD stops", big screws to hold them in place (that will get gunked up in the field) or any non sense like that.IPD stops aren't used to keep the tubes in place though, it's to have a repeatable index point when swinging the tubes down to minimize the finesse needed.

As for incorrect IPD, it doesn't affect everyone, but like many things, this is a personal issue, as for others it can cause significant eye strain or reduced depth perception.

Lowdown3
12-14-20, 09:14
IPD stops aren't used to keep the tubes in place though, it's to have a repeatable index point when swinging the tubes down to minimize the finesse needed.

As for incorrect IPD, it doesn't affect everyone, but like many things, this is a personal issue, as for others it can cause significant eye strain or reduced depth perception.

Do your daylight binoculars have those? My Steiners don't and I never have a problem finding the "sweet spot" for me in a nanosecond.

To each his own but most will find it isn't necessary and can just add weight and/or something more to break.

Lowdown3
12-14-20, 09:22
Agreed on all points. People get all geeked out on nightvision, and I think it stems from lack of people’s ability to use it (even if they have it) and afford it if they don’t have it. So they wanna discuss specs, FOM, etc. I don’t even know what those specs mean and I’ve been shooting under NV for almost 15 years! (I’m getting old holy shit) IPD is another. Venture over to ARFCOM and you’d think, as you said, you’d go blind if it was set wrong. I didn’t even know what IPD was until a few weeks ago lol.

When you can control an aspect like that- gain- why not? Want to run it all maxed out? No problem. Want to run it dimmed down a bit so your eyes can take it longer? No problem turn them down a bit.

Defaultmp3
12-14-20, 09:55
Do your daylight binoculars have those? My Steiners don't and I never have a problem finding the "sweet spot" for me in a nanosecond.

To each his own but most will find it isn't necessary and can just add weight and/or something more to break.Sure, I'm not saying that IPD stops are a must-have item for binocular NODs, just that their functionality is not to keep the tubes in place. My friend finds his to be quite useful to set the NODs one-handed (while keeping his other hand on his rifle during movement); obviously not a big deal for most of us, but it is a feature that some folks will use, and there was enough demand for such a feature that ACT in Black rigged up a plate for their DTNVS to have that.

12-14-20, 12:44
Don’t like manual gain, or don’t like not having it?

rdcwannabe
12-14-20, 13:43
I'd definitely want a set with manual gain...

Eurodriver
12-14-20, 15:28
Not so much that the platform itself (PVS14) has changed but tubes have gotten a LOT better in the ten years.

Around 2010 most would have thought of a 20 SN tube as a super great tube. Now it's pretty blah and numbers for SN average a helluva lot higher.

Photonis has also entered the US market and is kicking the crap out of White Phosphor sales for Elbit and L3 as well. Offering a very low cost WP unit with great performance.

Oh snap, I didn't even realize you were JRH. (Signature doesnt show up on my phone)

When you getting more PTQ36 breaches in? I sent you an email a few weeks ago :dirol:

Eurodriver
12-14-20, 15:30
Don’t like manual gain, or don’t like not having it?

I wish my BNVDs had manual gain.

In hindsight my post seemed to imply I do not like manual gain. No, I do not like "not" having manual gain.

12-14-20, 15:48
That makes sense.

In hindsight my post seemed to imply I do not like manual gain. No, I do not like "not" having manual gain.

Lowdown3
12-15-20, 09:34
Oh snap, I didn't even realize you were JRH. (Signature doesnt show up on my phone)

When you getting more PTQ36 breaches in? I sent you an email a few weeks ago :dirol:

Flir is backed up on Breach units right now and has been a couple months. It's likely after the first of the year before they ship more (so I was told recently). You can put a pre-order in and get in line and we will NOT charge your card till the order is ready to ship. Call or email for the M4Carbine discount as well :)

Lowdown3
12-15-20, 09:37

Are they actual BNVDs or some other model? You can order a BNVD with no gain but it's rare.