PDA

View Full Version : Some 24in Hbar questions and stock choice.

idreamt...
12-03-08, 14:47
I have some questions about my recent purchase regarding ammo, and some stock suggestions.

I have a Bushy 24in Hbar 1/9 varminter. I initially had my heart set on a Noveske N4 Recce, but due to time and money, settled on the bushy I found at a good deal. My intent is to purchase a HQ upper and barrel in a shorter length when finances permit and utilize both uppers with one lower.

I plan to get a Leupold Mk IV or some comparable for the current upper with a 1/9 twist. I am confused though on what kind of performance I can expect out of this barrel i.e. length vs. twist rate vs. bullet grain?
I am by no means an experienced shooter, but would like to learn to shoot groups at 600+ yds if my platform could do it.

Also, I like the idea of the Magpul PRS for this set up, but seems inappropriate for a recce style upper to share with this lower. The UBR seems impossible to get right now, I've seen some M93b's on ebay but still pricey, and the CTR seems great but inappropriate for a precision rifle (if 1/9 can be considered precision?).
What would you guys recomend.

Hope that isn't too convoluted.

idreamt...
12-05-08, 20:28
Picked up a UBR yesterday. Thanks for all the replies.