PDA

View Full Version : Wife has been wanting a bolt action AR15 for about a year.

crf450rr
01-01-21, 11:35
So I built her one for Christmas.
I got her a Uintah Precision bolt action upper, a velocity 3.5# trigger, a Luth-ARMBA-3 stock and a old lower I had for a few years. Also no buffer and spring is needed with this setup.

jbjh
01-01-21, 12:52
Need more pics and a range report!

Sent from 80ms in the future

georgeib
01-01-21, 15:05
May I ask, why a bolt action?

crf450rr
01-01-21, 16:27
May I ask, why a bolt action?

She has 3 other AR's and wanted something different.

crf450rr
01-01-21, 16:28
Need more pics and a range report!

Sent from 80ms in the future

I will post a range report here in a couple weeks and more pictures too.

georgeib
01-01-21, 17:23
She has 3 other AR's and wanted something different.That's cool. Have actually been thinking a pump action AR would be kinda neat.

RUTGERS95
01-01-21, 21:40
very cool

daddyusmaximus
01-02-21, 19:19
Just started one myself. Ordered a 7.5" AR-Stoner side Charging upper from Midway I could use on my SBR/pistol lowers. Gonna change out the barrel.

I have the barrel from a 9.5" Arms Tech Compak 16 upper that I had on my M4 in Iraq. I had it rebarreled in .300 Blackout some years back, but hung onto the barrel because it's the most accurate AR barrel I've ever owned. (That, and I had to because it was the original from the Form 1) Also, being as it had a gas trap, and isn't drilled with a gas port, it should work out perfect as a bolt gun barrel. I delivered it to my gunsmith just today to have it threaded at the muzzle where the gas trap was. The pin holes (from the gas trap) will be gone by the time he turns it down and threads it, but without the gas trap, the barrel itself is only actually 8", so it won't be much longer than a typical 7.5" upper. Gonna give the rail to my son because he wants M-lok, and get my old rail back off his rifle. He has my old GG&G rail that I had on this in Iraq.

Grand58742
01-12-21, 15:30
That's cool. Have actually been thinking a pump action AR would be kinda neat.

That's already been done.

https://worldoftroy.com/product/troy-folding-pump-action-rifle-optic-ready/

georgeib
01-12-21, 20:46
That's already been done.

https://worldoftroy.com/product/troy-folding-pump-action-rifle-optic-ready/That's the one I was thinking about.