PDA

View Full Version : Installation Questions on DD Omega and Lite Rail

radon
12-03-08, 18:03
OK, I just received a new 14.5" Sabre Defence barrel with middy gas system and regular front sight block (including factory installed handguard cap and delta ring. I also received a DD Omega 9" rail, but I'm waiting on the upper receiver to install everything.

Question on the DD Omega: fiddling around with the parts, I can't see how the DD 9" Omega rail will fit on this barrel considering the existence of handguard cap behind the front sight site block. Does the rail interface with the handguard cap, go behind the cap, or am I supposed to remove the cap? (the directions don't say anything about removing the cap, but thought I'd ask anyway). Also, assuming I must leave the handguard cap in place, won't it "touch" the rail in some fashion, negating the free float aspect of the rail?

Question on the DD Lite Rail: do I need to remove the front sight block and/or handguard cap to install a 9.5" DD Lite Rail on the middy barrel? If not, I'm thinking I'll return the Omega and get the one piece Lite Rail. If it does require removal, I don't think my mechanical skills are up to the task of removing the block (unless someone convinces me its really easy and anyone can do it).

Thanks for any help.

C4IGrant
12-03-08, 18:29
OK, I just received a new 14.5" Sabre Defence barrel with middy gas system and regular front sight block (including factory installed handguard cap and delta ring. I also received a DD Omega 9" rail, but I'm waiting on the upper receiver to install everything.

Question on the DD Omega: fiddling around with the parts, I can't see how the DD 9" Omega rail will fit on this barrel considering the existence of handguard cap behind the front sight site block. Does the rail interface with the handguard cap, go behind the cap, or am I supposed to remove the cap? (the directions don't say anything about removing the cap, but thought I'd ask anyway). Also, assuming I must leave the handguard cap in place, won't it "touch" the rail in some fashion, negating the free float aspect of the rail?

Question on the DD Lite Rail: do I need to remove the front sight block and/or handguard cap to install a 9.5" DD Lite Rail on the middy barrel? If not, I'm thinking I'll return the Omega and get the one piece Lite Rail. If it does require removal, I don't think my mechanical skills are up to the task of removing the block (unless someone convinces me its really easy and anyone can do it).

Thanks for any help.

The DD Omega never touches the HG Cap. It is held in place by clamping itself to the barrel nut. So leave the HG cap alone (if you want).

To install the DD LR, you need to remove the FSB/GB and you will also need their special wrench.

So stick with the Omega!

C4

radon
12-03-08, 18:44
Thanks C4.

bgoode
12-03-08, 19:52
The Omega will do what you need. Just make sure and put lock tight on all the screws. Grant hooked me up and I am very pleased!! :) installs in about 15 min. Do a search for installation instructions and you will find a great on on weapons systems dot com or something close.