PDA

View Full Version : 6920 parts

CrowCommand
01-03-21, 08:43
Tried a search, couldn't find anything recent....

Can anyone help me out with current prices for Colt 6920 take off parts?

5.56Geo
01-03-21, 10:11
Hard to say. With COVID, the political situation, recent civil unrest, and the fact that Colt stopped selling to the civilian market and has now began again, it’s hard to say what a good price is for used parts. Here is another thing to consider, are they “Cage Code” parts or are they “C” stamped parts, and how used are they?

If you are selling offer them up high and lower the price until they sell, if you are buying offer low and hope no one offers more.

All the best in 2021! -Geo

01-03-21, 10:41
New to like new take-offs that I’ve been watching that actually sold lately:

FCG $60
Cage code stock $40
Non cage code stock $55
BCG C stamped $180-$200
6920 upper no BCG $450-$500 w/BCG $700-$750
M4CARBINE lower $750-$900
Complete furniture set $75-$80

Sarvershooter
01-03-21, 11:12
https://sharkarms.com/colt-parts

CrowCommand
01-03-21, 12:45
Appreciate it fellas.

CrowCommand
01-03-21, 12:47
New to like new take-offs that I’ve been watching that actually sold lately:

Cage code stock $40
Non cage code stock $55 ....

Interesting, you'd think the cage code stock would be more valuable. What's the logic here?

Stickman
01-03-21, 13:04
I have seen 6920 complete URGs (Upper Receiver Groups) for $650 lately. I have no idea why people on this boards EE and others think theirs are worth so much more.

SeriousStudent
01-03-21, 13:32
I have seen 6920 complete URGs (Upper Receiver Groups) for $650 lately. I have no idea why people on this boards EE and others think theirs are worth so much more.

Funny you bring that up.

I am working on a revision of EE guidelines "suggesting" people actually check for the availability and prices for a brand new (or sued) item, before posting a for sale add with a price over that.

"yeah, well, you don't have to read my ad or pay muh price, man!"

When all that does is dilute the value of the EE in helping define the market place. Just like the people that either delete the entire ad, or delete the price after it sells.

So all that just makes it hard on good folks like the OP, who are trying to honestly price their products at a fair value to sell them.

Stickman
01-03-21, 13:56
Funny you bring that up.

I am working on a revision of EE guidelines "suggesting" people actually check for the availability and prices for a brand new (or sued) item, before posting a for sale add with a price over that.

"yeah, well, you don't have to read my ad or pay muh price, man!"

When all that does is dilute the value of the EE in helping define the market place. Just like the people that either delete the entire ad, or delete the price after it sells.

So all that just makes it hard on good folks like the OP, who are trying to honestly price their products at a fair value to sell them.

Agreed 100%. People post an basic upper for $1500 on every board they can find, then never update and half the time don't include pictures.

It turns the EE section into a joke. If you want to get the highest price possible, that is awesome, put your items up for sale on one of the bidding boards.

As for the people who can't be bothered to post pictures in their quest to use this board simply as a financial means, I'm all for cutting off one of their toes. It doesn't have to be the biggest toe, just one of them. I'll volunteer as the surgeon. If we can't amputate, can we at least break a toe? That seems pretty innocuous to me, and I'm sure we wouldn't get many complaints.

Stickman
01-03-21, 13:57
On a side note, maybe the above attitude is why I can't post in the EE.... Then again, the people in the EE have a pretty low rate of following up with PMs, so its hard to take anyone with a low to middle post count serious.

01-03-21, 14:09
Interesting, you'd think the cage code stock would be more valuable. What's the logic here?

The non-cage code ones... They don’t make ‘em anymore!

01-03-21, 14:11
Hell Brownells had 6920 uppers without BCG a couple weeks ago for $550.

I don’t know why they’re selling higher on the forums.

trauma
01-03-21, 14:27
Brownells had 14.5 stripped uppers for 470 with a 40 off coupon plus another 4% off at AJ.......so 413 bucks....

Get a credit card with 2% cash back and you're down to...405

Stickman
01-03-21, 14:42
Brownells had 14.5 stripped uppers for 470 with a 40 off coupon plus another 4% off at AJ.......so 413 bucks....

Yeah, I would have bought me some of that.... insert crying emoji here.

SeriousStudent
01-03-21, 14:52

As for the people who can't be bothered to post pictures in their quest to use this board simply as a financial means, I'm all for cutting off one of their toes. It doesn't have to be the biggest toe, just one of them. I'll volunteer as the surgeon. If we can't amputate, can we at least break a toe? That seems pretty innocuous to me, and I'm sure we wouldn't get many complaints.

It's funny that you mention that. A family member found a box of stuff that belonged to me from my time in the military, and delivered it yesterday. My field surgical kit was in there. Scalpels, blades, hemostats, tissue forceps, all sort of tasty goodness.

So if you hold them down.....

GH41
01-03-21, 15:21
It's funny that you mention that. A family member found a box of stuff that belonged to me from my time in the military, and delivered it yesterday. My field surgical kit was in there. Scalpels, blades, hemostats, tissue forceps, all sort of tasty goodness.

So if you hold them down.....

It would be easier to use a 12 in bypass lopper like you use to cut branches in your landscape. That's what the thugs in NYC have used for years to help remove tight fitting rings from ladies fingers.

JediGuy
01-03-21, 15:29
It would be easier to use a 12 in bypass lopper like you use to cut branches in your landscape. That's what the thugs in NYC have used for years to help remove tight fitting rings from ladies fingers.

Worthless without pictures

SeriousStudent
01-03-21, 17:50

I'm a people person. I like the personal touch.

RUTGERS95
01-03-21, 18:25

agree

some of the pricing is absolutely nuts. they are not worth that much more than pre pandemic.

RUTGERS95
01-03-21, 18:29

wish I bought one. that I would do!

RHINOWSO
01-04-21, 07:34
Threads like these remind me of my 6960 CCU Upper score w/Centurion rail for $450-ish from Brownells a couple years ago... that was like, almost, free, IMO.

I almost bought a 6921 14.5" upper for $429, but then it needs a $350 Centurion rail, BCG, CH, etc... Thankfully they are out of stock now so I'm saved. ;)

Circle_10
01-04-21, 08:08
Threads like these remind me of my 6960 CCU Upper score w/Centurion rail for $450-ish from Brownells a couple years ago... that was like, almost, free, IMO.

I almost bought a 6921 14.5" upper for $429, but then it needs a $350 Centurion rail, BCG, CH, etc... Thankfully they are out of stock now so I'm saved. ;)

I almost bought one of those 6921 uppers too but I just couldn’t *quite* justify it....especially when the ammo situation has forced me to sideline my ARs somewhat (I’ve had to pivot to AKs). Instead I saved like $160 and just bought a Colt 14.5” barrel with FSB at Arms Unlimited, and I can use the $160 for something else.