PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try the Sig Romeo8h or Romeo8t?

Swstock
01-03-21, 18:06
Has anyone considered this? I have several duty grade optics, but was looking to try something different.

Besides reviews on product pages and some youtube videos, I dont see much of anything on the forums. I don't know if its because its so new or because nobody takes it seriously.

Anyone using it who can provide feedback? Id be using it on a 16" middy mostly for carbine classes. Id like something that is easy to find the dot from various positions, from around cover and when transitioning from strong side to support side. I think the 30mm aimponts and the 25mm MRO are good at this, but I don't love the T2s for it.

Anyone actually try to run these hard?

omegajb
01-03-21, 18:20
Have you heard of Chris Craighead?
He's the British SAS badass that sprung into action during the terrorist attack in Kenya.

He seems to like the Romeo8. That seems to be a good endorsement.

https://www.instagram.com/s/aGlnaGxpZ2h0OjE3ODQ1MDYxNDUwMzY3MTEw?igshid=1ezcur2gdwuyy&story_media_id=2474901738951122666_32928338914

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

RKB Armory
01-04-21, 10:18
We've never had a Sig Romeo 8h or 8t come through the shop. However, I don't turn my nose up at Sig stuff. This seems like a lot of nice features and technology. Also, it's made in America.

SupersetCA did a good review. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV3aXilt2HQ

Mysteryman
01-05-21, 07:34
Have you heard of Chris Craighead?
He's the British SAS badass that sprung into action during the terrorist attack in Kenya.

He seems to like the Romeo8. That seems to be a good endorsement.

https://www.instagram.com/s/aGlnaGxpZ2h0OjE3ODQ1MDYxNDUwMzY3MTEw?igshid=1ezcur2gdwuyy&story_media_id=2474901738951122666_32928338914

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

No disrespect, but smoking some low IQ types in Kenya is hardly the result of the optic alone, nor is it enough data to give the optic the nod.

Swstock
01-05-21, 08:05
No disrespect, but smoking some low IQ types in Kenya is hardly the result of the optic alone, nor is it enough data to give the optic the nod.

Its not the optic he used in that event. Its on his IG feed as what he prefers now. Im not arguing for or against, im just clarifying the post.

omegajb
01-06-21, 08:25
No disrespect, but smoking some low IQ types in Kenya is hardly the result of the optic alone, nor is it enough data to give the optic the nod.I'd trust a former SAS member than a paid influencer on YouTube when it comes to recommendations.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

Mysteryman
01-07-21, 06:59
Its not the optic he used in that event. Its on his IG feed as what he prefers now. Im not arguing for or against, im just clarifying the post.

So his endorsement means even less..

I'd trust a former SAS member than a paid influencer on YouTube when it comes to recommendations.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't trust either without more research into the product and the individual. Not all SF guys are gear geeks. They use the tools they're provided. An "influencer" is a worthless piece of shit in society, being propped up by window lickers who invest far too much time into following them.

Swstock
01-07-21, 07:05
So his endorsement means even less..

I wouldn't trust either without more research into the product and the individual. Not all SF guys are gear geeks. They use the tools they're provided. An "influencer" is a worthless piece of shit in society, being propped up by window lickers who invest far too much time into following them.

So do you have anything to contribute about this optic or no?

Swstock
01-07-21, 20:22
So since there is so little info on this, I ordered one to try.

I have no qualifications to say 1 optic is better than another. I'm just a screen name on an internet forum.

First impressions:
Seems very well built. Im not doing a torture test, but this feels robust and very well made.

Great single dot. I have to compare side by side to other optics, but first impression is that this is one of the best for my eyes. Im not digging into technologies, but my eyes aren't perfect and some red dots appear a little distorted. This doesn't. Its perfect.The other dot options like BDC dont appeal to me yet.

Great viewing window. The optic looks big from the sides but from behind, the box basically disappears.

More to come after I use it in a class.

Mysteryman
01-08-21, 07:21
So do you have anything to contribute about this optic or no?

It appears you have nothing to contribute either, save for the "some guy endorsement" statement.

SIG has put out a good number of lemons, and seeing as they don't make a lot of their products I can see why. I don't see the appeal to this optic over the gold standard of Aimpoint.

I have no qualifications to say 1 optic is better than another. I'm just a screen name on an internet forum.

First impressions:
Seems very well built. Im not doing a torture test, but this feels robust and very well made.

Great single dot. I have to compare side by side to other optics, but first impression is that this is one of the best for my eyes. Im not digging into technologies, but my eyes aren't perfect and some red dots appear a little distorted. This doesn't. Its perfect.The other dot options like BDC dont appeal to me yet.

Great viewing window. The optic looks big from the sides but from behind, the box basically disappears.

Can you confirm that the box/optic says made in USA??

Swstock
01-08-21, 08:03
It appears you have nothing to contribute either, save for the "some guy endorsement" statement.

SIG has put out a good number of lemons, and seeing as they don't make a lot of their products I can see why. I don't see the appeal to this optic over the gold standard of Aimpoint.

Can you confirm that the box/optic says made in USA??

Im not sure that I would choose it over an Aimpoint because of lack of the proven track record. With that said, I already have 8ish Aimpoints so dont mind trying it out.

It says "assembled in USA"

Pikey
01-15-21, 08:00
I have been trying to find one in stock so that I can try it out. Assembled in America is not as good as Made in America still better than Asia imo.

Pew pew tactical torture tested a Romeo 8T along with some other high end optics. Although more entertainment than science the Romeo 8 fared better than an Aimpoint Comp m5. So I feel it will be more than adequate for what I need it for.

hextall
11-13-23, 13:17
you still rocking that 8T?? Thinking about getting one for my new patrol rifle (B;ackout Defense QDTL).....wondering how its holding up and any issues?

hextall
12-06-23, 09:59

First impressions:

I was looking to add the 8T to my Blackout Defense rifle when it arrives. My EOTECH dot looked blurry to me, probably just my eyes. Have you thought about adding a magnifier to this? I'm debating between the 8T plus a magnifier or an LPVO.....Buy once cry once I'm thinking