PDA

View Full Version : Murders up 50%, COVID and illegal guns to Blame

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-03-21, 19:32
https://www.9news.com/mobile/article/news/investigations/denver-aurora-homicides-increase-2020/73-ee72e8f9-ad3e-4882-b5f2-7117b168e3a9

Murder rate is way up in the two biggest cities in the Denver metro area. Police chiefs blame Covid affects on their policing, and “illegal guns“.

What the fudge is a “illegal gun“?

We have a state wide prohibition on purchasing new 15+ round magazines, but they’re grandfathered everywhere but Denver. Don’t know if that’s what they referred to, or is it machine guns. Our are they really saying prohibited people possessing handguns, which is really fundamentally different than “illegal guns“.

We recently had a home invasion where the people attacking posed as utility workers. Shut the homeowner in the head and killed and shot his daughter but she survived. Ended up being a chase and the cops put one down after multiple attempts at carjackings. Bravo Zulu. People try not to explain it away as not happening very often here compared to other cities. Or saying that we still need to defund the police in the money could’ve been used for community efforts that would’ve stopped us. Effing morons.

OH58D
01-03-21, 19:54
In the Four Corners State south of you, we are seeing an increase in domestic violence police calls and suicides. LE in this State also tell me there is an increase in calls for people complaining about noise and other B.S. stuff. People are getting frazzled mentally it seems.

matemike
01-03-21, 19:56
My guess at “illegal guns” would be guns found at a crime scene that had previously been reported stolen or guns that had the serial numbers scratched off.

If a gun were in possession by a person who is not allowed to possess a gun, then the person is acting illegally, not the gun. But we here all know that. Who knows what the news reports?

PracticalRifleman
01-03-21, 20:49
I’d like to see proof that the guns were illegal guns and not just guns obtained illegally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Averageman
01-03-21, 21:16
There are Folks out there who've lost their minds they haven't snapped yet (that we know of) but there out there on the edge.
The other day I decided to cut across the road that goes between the High School, well I'm going down the road and this scruffy, unshaven guy quickly steps in front of my truck. I stop and he yells "You almost hit me!" and I said to him, because you stepped in front of me.
He starts screaming "I'm school security, I'm school security" as he gets closer I can smell him and it isn't pleasant.
I try and go around him to turn my truck around and he grabs my arm.
I shake him off and get turned around and get out of there.
I also warned him about being an unpleasant smelly crazy person who likes to put his hands on people.
The whole time I had a G26 under my left leg.

SteyrAUG
01-03-21, 21:48
In the Four Corners State south of you, we are seeing an increase in domestic violence police calls and suicides. LE in this State also tell me there is an increase in calls for people complaining about noise and other B.S. stuff. People are getting frazzled mentally it seems.

If you spend 6 months essentially under "house arrest", I imagine little things become big things and it doesn't take a lot to set things in motion. Even prior to covid, the "touchy feelz" crowd was about needing safe spaces and constantly being triggered by flags, statues, signs, the weather, expectations of being normal.

jsbhike
01-04-21, 08:44
Guns not carried by officials?

OH58D
01-04-21, 09:09
There are Folks out there who've lost their minds they haven't snapped yet (that we know of) but there out there on the edge.
The other day I decided to cut across the road that goes between the High School, well I'm going down the road and this scruffy, unshaven guy quickly steps in front of my truck. I stop and he yells "You almost hit me!" and I said to him, because you stepped in front of me.
He starts screaming "I'm school security, I'm school security" as he gets closer I can smell him and it isn't pleasant.
I try and go around him to turn my truck around and he grabs my arm.
I shake him off and get turned around and get out of there.
I also warned him about being an unpleasant smelly crazy person who likes to put his hands on people.
The whole time I had a G26 under my left leg.

The phrase in the Old West to address someone like that: "You smell of Liniment and Old Pee"

chuckman
01-04-21, 09:12
In my town shooting are up almost 50%. I do think COVID is partly to blame. But "illegal guns?" Yeah, no....

Grand58742
01-04-21, 09:31
Of course they'll blame the inanimate object...

COVID frustration I can see as others have pointed out.

Averageman
01-04-21, 10:07
The phrase in the Old West to address someone like that: "You smell of Liniment and Old Pee"

Well, I get where your coming from, but a dash of Liniment might have actually improved the odor.
The thing is, 21 years on tanks and I can assure you, it takes some funk for me to notice.

PracticalRifleman
01-04-21, 10:26
It’s time to admit our leisurely lifestyles have kept the vagrants in our society entertained, content, and peaceful. Take away that leisure and entertainment, polite society goes away.

ChattanoogaPhil
01-04-21, 10:29
Riots, looting and police precincts on fire with LEOs nowhere to be seen or acting as bystanders, public officials babbling 'defund the police'... green light for lawlessness and violence in big cities.

Honu
01-04-21, 13:40
if we just had common sense gun laws we would all be holding hands under a rainbow singing some hippy world peace song and we would have NO CRIME
if we just had communism I could force this all on you THEN you would all understand this and how great it is and if you do not agree I will kill you or put you in a death camp

saw a youtube video about so many covid patients having some kinda violent outbreaks and psychotic episodes
of course they had to say every single one of them were under medical care and were put into induced comas but that has nothing to do with it ! it was covid changing people not the overuse of drugs to induce comas that were not needed BUT hey common sense gun laws would fix that

PracticalRifleman
01-04-21, 13:50
if we just had common sense gun laws we would all be holding hands under a rainbow singing some hippy world peace song and we would have NO CRIME
if we just had communism I could force this all on you THEN you would all understand this and how great it is and if you do not agree I will kill you or put you in a death camp

saw a youtube video about so many covid patients having some kinda violent outbreaks and psychotic episodes
of course they had to say every single one of them were under medical care and were put into induced comas but that has nothing to do with it ! it was covid changing people not the overuse of drugs to induce comas that were not needed BUT hey common sense gun laws would fix that

I’ve been treating mostly COVID patients for months. I’m yet to see one have a violent outbreak. Most of them experience what they refer to as “brain fog” as they recover.

Typically it’s meth detoxers I see with violent outbreaks.

duece71
01-05-21, 23:09
If you spend 6 months essentially under "house arrest", I imagine little things become big things and it doesn't take a lot to set things in motion. Even prior to covid, the "touchy feelz" crowd was about needing safe spaces and constantly being triggered by flags, statues, signs, the weather, expectations of being normal.

I am renovating an upstairs hallway in my house. I scrapped off the textured ceiling (non popcorn), slapped some spakle on it, sanded it (dust everywhere) and now on my 3rd coat of ceiling paint, it just doesn’t look right at all. I feel like I am going out of my mind and I’m just painting a ceiling. Fumes.....it must be the fumes. I get it, people are slowly heading to lala land.

T2C
01-06-21, 08:52
They are still shooting each other full of holes in Chicago. COVID-19 is not the issue, it's the lame excuse of the day. Liberal politics has undermined policing and the court system.

If some left leaning individual from the Chicago area mentions "illegal" guns, I tell them an "ill eagle" is a sick bird and it has nothing to do with the crime rate. If they tell me they don't believe in guns, I reply "I've seem them, they do exist"!

PD Sgt.
01-06-21, 13:31
They are still shooting each other full of holes in Chicago. COVID-19 is not the issue, it's the lame excuse of the day. Liberal politics has undermined policing and the court system.

This exactly. Throw in entitlements, a liberal supported lack of personal accountability, and a false victimization and you end up exactly where we are today.

joedirt199
01-06-21, 15:36
This right here^. Kick everyone out of jail for fear of covid spread and courthouses shutting down from cowardly judges, crime rate goes up. Thieves steal guns and trade those to dope dealer for drugs, dope dealer tries to take out competition with stolen gun, crazy people everywhere who cannot get the meds to keep them sane or self medicate. No consequences breads criminal activity. At least when they are locked up they can't be out still causing more crimes.

jpmuscle
01-06-21, 15:45
The big push as of late fed wise is all the 80% and 3D printed frame stuff.

The_War_Wagon
01-06-21, 16:22
Have they tried blaming "illegal OXYGEN" yet? :rolleyes: