PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Rare Breed Forced Reset Trigger

HammeredSole
01-05-21, 14:09
What are your thoughts on this new trigger? It essentially uses a sear to release the hammer, even though it requires a single press for each function of the weapon.

okie
01-05-21, 16:46
A key part of the bumpstock ban was them arguing that each trigger pull was involuntary, vs. intentionally pulling it each time. Seems like this trigger is going to fall victim to the same logic.

gaijin
01-05-21, 17:29
I wouldn’t jump on that train.
Crystal ball says it’s illegal in 6 months.

DG23
01-05-21, 20:51
What are your thoughts on this new trigger? It essentially uses a sear to release the hammer, even though it requires a single press for each function of the weapon.

I went to their website and looked... $380.00 for that garbage.

A fool and their money are soon parted my friend... :)

TomMcC
01-05-21, 21:33
A key part of the bumpstock ban was them arguing that each trigger pull was involuntary, vs. intentionally pulling it each time. Seems like this trigger is going to fall victim to the same logic.

IDK, everything I've seen on this trigger says you have to pull the trigger each time. All it's really doing is shortening the pull/release/pull distance. Finger moves less distance so it can move faster. But seems to require a deliberate pull. They'll probably try and ban it anyway though.

MistWolf
01-05-21, 22:13

The standard semi auto AR trigger uses a sear to release the hammer. That's normal.

One difference is the forced reset trigger uses the action of the hammer cocking to force the trigger to reset. This forces the trigger bow forward against the trigger finger.

Another difference is the forced reset trigger has a bar that keeps the trigger in forward (reset) position until the carrier and bolt have fully returned to battery. When the BCG is fully in battery, the bar is pushed out of the way by the carrier. Now, the trigger can be pressed and the AR fired again.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/new-the-rare-breed-triggers-frt-15-forced-reset-ar-15-trigger/

In the above article, there's a video that shows how this trigger works

HammeredSole
01-05-21, 22:27
It's an interesting mechanism to say the least.

ViniVidivici
01-05-21, 22:38
No, legalities aside (of which I care nothing, anymore), do not want extra crap like that in my guns. I see no logical purpose for it.

TomMcC
01-05-21, 22:50
Besides the fun of simulating full auto fire, I could see this being used in something like 3gun to get some smoking fast splits on doubles. Of course it would take a bit of mastering to keep it to doubles and to use it effectively on something like the long range singles...all in the same gun. But for $380, I'll just have to slog along with my regular Velocity 3 lb.

MistWolf
01-06-21, 00:53

The trigger design is pure genius in execution and simplicity. While it's an expensive way to turn money into noise, it looks like a more elegant solution to binary style triggers and is far less money than buying a machinegun. I'd buy one if I had the money. Why? Because it looks fun. Yes, sometimes I shoot just for fun.

Black_Sheep
01-06-21, 06:54

In the current political climate the legality of this type of trigger will certainly be challenged.

Steve Shannon
01-06-21, 09:45
I had a pistol once that kicked the trigger forward when the hammer was cocked by recoil. It was extremely uncomfortable to shoot, even though the manufacturer wrapped a rubber cushion around the trigger. I suspect that’s exactly what a “forced reset” will feel like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twm134
01-06-21, 10:18
...Why? Because it looks fun. Yes, sometimes I shoot just for fun.

Shooting for fun will get you kilt in the streets!

Just Sayin. ;)

TomMcC
01-06-21, 12:25
I think I can chew gum and walk at the same time.

HammeredSole
01-17-21, 20:30
I had a pistol once that kicked the trigger forward when the hammer was cocked by recoil. It was extremely uncomfortable to shoot, even though the manufacturer wrapped a rubber cushion around the trigger. I suspect that’s exactly what a “forced reset” will feel like.

Might be in some cases, but it doesn't appear to be.

titsonritz
02-03-21, 20:04
Here is a schematic comparison video of a standard milspec trigger and the FRT.

https://vimeo.com/486488684

02-03-21, 21:08
I’ve used one, and all I will say is that I disagree with the following posts.

Steve Shannon
02-04-21, 09:29

That’s good to know. I don’t mind being wrong. Do you feel the forced reset at your trigger finger?

Dr. Bullseye
02-04-21, 12:35

Please give us your review of this trigger.

JoshNC
02-07-21, 22:50
Given that it’s ATF, there is NO way this isn’t reclassified as a MG. Reference the Akins Accelerator, bump stocks, Ernie Wrenn’s beltfed MAC uppers, among others. It’s a neat design for sure.

Hohn
02-08-21, 11:30
I’ve never seen value as a civilian in burning ammo faster than the 150-200rpm I can do with a SD3G.

titsonritz
02-08-21, 12:41
Given that it’s ATF, there is NO way this isn’t reclassified as a MG. Reference the Akins Accelerator, bump stocks, Ernie Wrenn’s beltfed MAC uppers, among others. It’s a neat design for sure.

Cuz they shoot real, real fast and it's scary...this means we also need to remove some of youses fingers, too.

Dr. Bullseye
02-08-21, 21:44
The closest illegal thing to this trigger is a bump stock. But there is no stock in this mechanism. It is a kinda internal mechanism, bump trigger.

Dr. Bullseye
02-09-21, 21:40
BAD NEWS

A couple vids show guys running this trigger perfectly, for awhile. Then stoppages occur. They tinker with the buffer, spring, get another upper, etc.

But here a guy took apart one of these triggers and tells us why they all begin to fail. It is one tiny spring getting bent inside the trigger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuEMhe_oWpo

Maybe a Mark 2 design will fix this.

Restricted
02-16-21, 11:37
The only Rare Breed this guy will own comes from Wild Turkey

HammeredSole
02-16-21, 12:44
Ok, so I had one of these triggers, because I just have to try everything.

In a 14.5 ml Hanson Chf, a5h1/green, lmt ebcg, with xm193, it ran at about 900rpm. Very much like an m16a1. In 90 rounds I experienced no malfunctions. It was extremely difficult to single shot.

Ultimately, I uninstalled it and sold it. I tried getting it running in an MPX and was unsuccessful due to the design of the FRT trip mechanism exerting upward pressure on the MPX trip bar.

Upon exam, I discovered that the trip return spring was kinked and estimated that it needs a torsional spring, rather than a compression spring (especially one at an improper angle). I discovered this on my own, and only found that this was a bigger issue when Rare Breed posted an obstinate message on Instagram regarding people making YouTube videos of the FRT issues, and calling them out as “kitchen table gunsmiths” with an attitude that seemed to claim that their trigger is perfect and doesn’t need any revisions, even though it’s clearly poorly designed in this regard. I looked on YouTube and saw the video referenced here a few posts back. My trigger looked the same, and my findings echo the video OP. The spring design is clearly flawed and either needs a torsional spring or the compression spring on a detent or an all together different orientation.

Additionally, I had a close friend at Sig reach out to the owner of Rare Breed to get him some loaner MPX and MCX for development. I notified RB of the findings re: the MPX and trip spring design, to which I’ve had no response.

The general attitude of RB seems to be passive-aggressive towards the experienced people who have discovered flaws of the FRT design. Rather than take it in the chin, and realize there are some improvements to be made, they prefer to lash out with name calling and shit posting. I sold my FRT, ended the experiment, and won’t be buying another. I would expect no warranty support in the extremely likely case that the trigger malf’s.

I think the design has merit, and I honestly believe that the concept could easily be designed into a product that actually works well and fixes the shortcomings of the FRT while not infringing any alleged patents. I liken the design to a reciprocating charging handle, as trigger pressure creates feedback on the hammer. I think there should be a way to create a leverage system which resets the trigger without allowing the trigger to create a feedback loop. And don’t even get me started on the trip spring, that thing doesn’t look to have gotten more than 10 minutes of attention.

I can’t say I am surprised. Before I got this trigger, I estimated RB had a clever design but was not so keen with attention to detail. After seeing Rare Breed blindly recommend an H3 buffer in any gun with the FRT, as well as the red dot optics literally bouncing around in the demo videos, I figured there would be some issue in the FRT that were not QC based, but from a “any engineer worth their salt would have noticed this” lack of attention to detail. RB blindly recommending an H3 tells me that their detailed understanding of the AR15 is somewhat lacking. Almost like they just tried a bunch of different buffers to make it work in their guns, and ended up with H3. Rather than really understanding bolt bounce, but also issues which can arise with over buffered guns (ie: short stroking)

DG23
02-16-21, 16:38
Ultimately, I uninstalled it and sold it.

LOL! :)

02-16-21, 19:38
LOL! :)

Yeah, the one I used belonged to someone else, and he sold it to a guy with a BLM hat, who was then tragically murdered while peacefully protesting in Portland.

DG23
02-16-21, 20:10
Yeah, the one I used belonged to someone else, .

Are you planning to get one of your own after reading / watching the reviews above? Still believe it is worth the coin???

:)

02-16-21, 21:36
Are you planning to get one of your own after reading / watching the reviews above? Still believe it is worth the coin???

:)

Josh is onto something.

HammeredSole
02-16-21, 23:33
Interesting concept for sure, and interesting footnote in firearms legal discussion and technical review.

titsonritz
02-17-21, 00:34
It was extremely difficult to single shot.

Before or after the kinked spring? :jester:

Seriously though thanks for the first hand review.

99HMC4
04-02-21, 12:10
https://armamentusa.com/product/856/

titsonritz
04-02-21, 12:21
Here you go, only 75 bucks to fix your $750 trigger...

https://armamentusa.com/product/856/

Adrenaline_6
04-02-21, 12:26
One of my buddies has one. He chamfered the spring pocket side and pivot point side where the spring gets pinched. He also replaced the hammer spring to a slightly heavier weight. He says he can easily fire single shot reliably now and the other spring cannot be pinched due to the clearance anymore.

We'll see it works out for him.

archangel2003
04-10-21, 13:58
I did an edit and it reposted the whole thing.

archangel2003
04-10-21, 14:02
I'd love to have one but the price is a stumbling block for me as my budget for this pursuit is really tight.
Forced reset does seem the best, or I should say most accurate way to go, rather than a binary trigger or bump stock set up for accurate multiple shots.
The Binary trigger seems too prone to accidental discharge when releasing the trigger because it's normal to release the trigger to stop firing and to retrain to fire on release is somewhat, perhaps, I don't know, unnatural?
It really does seem to fit the ATF and NFA definition of legal as it only it prevents pulling the trigger until the bolt is locked in battery, and not a true sear releasing the hammer like full auto does, and the hammer does not fall if you do not pull the trigger.
After watching the animation, it would seem simple to replicate the function and simply add a torsional spring.

Adrenaline_6
04-11-21, 20:04
The only design shortcoming is they should have designed it to work on the fa safety setting. That way the design would have more control of what you intend on doing.

Alex V
04-12-21, 11:30
BDU had them this morning, so I ordered one for funsies. Can't imagine it being anything more than a toy, but why not.

archangel2003
04-13-21, 02:47
What is BDU?

Alex V
04-13-21, 13:58
What is BDU?

Big Daddy Unlimited, according to Garand Thumb it's the "Costco of the gun world" and "you're worth it" LOL

Alex V
04-13-21, 13:58
double tap

archangel2003
04-13-21, 23:13
last year I did try that $.99 first month from Big Daddy Unlimited.
For everything I purchased, I looked there before looking elsewhere, and I purchased exactly NOTHING because nothing I ever looked for was cheaper there, not even close!

archangel2003
04-13-21, 23:14
For everything I purchased, I looked there before looking elsewhere, and I purchased exactly NOTHING because nothing I ever looked for was cheaper there, not even close!

georgeib
04-14-21, 09:14
BDU had them this morning, so I ordered one for funsies. Can't imagine it being anything more than a toy, but why not.

What was their price on it?

Alex V
04-14-21, 09:39

I don't find that to be true. I picked up a Dbal-A3 for $1049 last year. I wasn't able to find it anywhere for less than +/-$1369. That alone paid for my membership for nearly two years. Yes, most stuff isn't much cheaper, but it adds up IF you buy enough. If you don't buy much stuff it doesn't make sense, I agree. With everything happening, I've been ordering a lot, so far it seems to be worth it.

What was their price on it?

$369

tehpwnag3
04-14-21, 10:00
Looks amazing! I'm not overly concerned about the price, but two things needs to be had: reliable performance and long-lasting durability. For $380, that thing needs to run like a sewing machine for the life of the weapon. No bent or kinked springs, no mods to make it WORK, no aftermarket parts, nothing. That's a big red flag for me. We all know that our round count is going to go way up with this trigger pack (and ammo isn't cheap or plentiful right now), so the whole system is going to be taxed and the very part that makes this all possible is the weakest link in the chain.

Alex V
04-19-21, 19:54
Okay, just tried it out in the back yard. Can't lie... it's too much damn fun!

hotrodder636
04-20-21, 05:43
I wonder if they are going to make a Mod-1 to address the spring issue?

tripntx
06-27-21, 10:06
I wonder if they are going to make a Mod-1 to address the spring issue?

All RB FRT-15 triggers shipped after March 1st have an updated design to prevent spring kink.
https://vimeo.com/566209007

ABNAK
06-27-21, 18:40
Okay, just tried it out in the back yard. Can't lie... it's too much damn fun!

So how does it work? I know how the Franklin Armory binary trigger works, but how does this thing tick? Is it similar to the bumpstock where if you keep you finger "unflexible" it will continue to fire? i.e. are you using recoil to cause the second/subsequent shots?

tripntx
06-27-21, 19:31
So how does it work? I know how the Franklin Armory binary trigger works, but how does this thing tick? Is it similar to the bumpstock where if you keep you finger "unflexible" it will continue to fire? i.e. are you using recoil to cause the second/subsequent shots?

This video explains how it works. I haven't tried a FRT-15 but I'm very interested in putting one in a 22LR build. Never tried a bumpstock before because they didn't appeal to me, but I'd never discourage anyone from them if that was their thing.

okie
06-28-21, 03:50
This video explains how it works. I haven't tried a FRT-15 but I'm very interested in putting one in a 22LR build. Never tried a bumpstock before because they didn't appeal to me, but I'd never discourage anyone from them if that was their thing.

I love how the AFT made FN remove the drop safety from the PS90 because it kind of might be able to function as an auto sear if you have like 10 other FA parts to go with it. But this is okay. Or how clone builders can't create fake third pins, but a literal third pin is okay here, because you can't see it I guess.

tripntx
06-28-21, 06:41
I love how the AFT made FN remove the drop safety from the PS90 because it kind of might be able to function as an auto sear if you have like 10 other FA parts to go with it. But this is okay. Or how clone builders can't create fake third pins, but a literal third pin is okay here, because you can't see it I guess.

Please explain to me how this trigger pack will work with M16 trigger parts to make a MG, because I don't see how it can. It does not have the ability to add auto sear to it, nor can you replace the safety locking bar with an auto sear, nor does it have the ability to add or work with other M16 full auto parts. We are our own enemy when some in our group are trying to help ATF classify something as a MG when it is not.

okie
06-28-21, 11:23
Please explain to me how this trigger pack will work with M16 trigger parts to make a MG, because I don't see how it can. It does not have the ability to add auto sear to it, nor can you replace the safety locking bar with an auto sear, nor does it have the ability to add or work with other M16 full auto parts. We are our own enemy when some in our group are trying to help ATF classify something as a MG when it is not.

I don't understand what's not to understand about what I said. I'm not sure you know the details on the rulings I referenced. In the past, anything even remotely resembling an auto sear has been nixed, even if it functioned as something else entirely, like a drop safety for example.

Or in the case of the clone builders, they just milled a little divot to create the illusion of the third pin. ATF said it was a machinegun, because marking that location made it readily convertible. So they offset it enough that it wouldn't function if someone actually drilled the hole there, and the ATF still said no.

Not saying I want this banned, just saying their schizophrenic routine is getting really freaking old.

tripntx
06-28-21, 12:33
I don't understand what's not to understand about what I said. I'm not sure you know the details on the rulings I referenced. In the past, anything even remotely resembling an auto sear has been nixed, even if it functioned as something else entirely, like a drop safety for example.

Or in the case of the clone builders, they just milled a little divot to create the illusion of the third pin. ATF said it was a machinegun, because marking that location made it readily convertible. So they offset it enough that it wouldn't function if someone actually drilled the hole there, and the ATF still said no.

Not saying I want this banned, just saying their schizophrenic routine is getting really freaking old.

Thanks for the reply, I understand what you are saying better. I don't know anything about the PS90 situation, but I vaguely remember the third hole markings for clone builders. Always thought, and still do that the markings being axed by ATF was plain nuts.

06-28-21, 14:13
Okie, how familiar are you really with the PS90 first gen trigger? Like... personally.

CPM
06-28-21, 21:59
I just shot one of these yesterday. All BS aside, it’s basically a machine gun. You don’t feel the reset and there is no decision to pull the trigger again. You just hold it to the rear. The one major downside is that it’s off or on. There’s no semi.

I typically hate full auto. I’ve only gone to burst twice on my rifle, and both times were in training. It’s a waste of ammo…. This was legitimately fun and not anywhere as gay as I imagined it.

Ps- I’ve spent plenty of time behind actual F/A’s you paid for. Please don’t lecture me on what an actual machine gun is.

tripntx
06-29-21, 07:01
I just shot one of these yesterday. All BS aside, it’s basically a machine gun. You don’t feel the reset and there is no decision to pull the trigger again. You just hold it to the rear. The one major downside is that it’s off or on. There’s no semi.

I typically hate full auto. I’ve only gone to burst twice on my rifle, and both times were in training. It’s a waste of ammo…. This was legitimately fun and not anywhere as gay as I imagined it.

Ps- I’ve spent plenty of time behind actual F/A’s you paid for. Please don’t lecture me on what an actual machine gun is.

Did it stop running if you held the trigger all the way to the rear?
I read where other people using them have said holding the trigger firmly to rear locks up the action; "It's designed such that pulling the trigger back hard will hold the bolt to the rear" causing it to stop firing.
Another owner described trigger pull: 'Don’t pull the trigger hard enough and it won’t fire. Pull the trigger too hard and it fires too slow or, stops after firing one round.'

okie
06-29-21, 10:37
Okie, how familiar are you really with the PS90 first gen trigger? Like... personally.

The first gen I can see how that was a problem, legally speaking. I still think it's bullshit, but I can in a pragmatic kind of way see how a manufacturer would be a little short sighted thinking they were going to get away with that.

The gen II trigger pack though was PERFECTLY fine.

CPM
06-30-21, 18:07
I am an enormous person. I would have to squeeze ridiculously hard on the example I shot to lock it up. It would lock it up, I suppose, but it wouldn’t be easy,

We were doing single shot ready up drills and it was not doable with the trigger. You cannot reliably pull a single shot.

ABNAK
06-30-21, 18:21
I am an enormous person. I would have to squeeze ridiculously hard on the example I shot to lock it up. It would lock it up, I suppose, but it wouldn’t be easy,

We were doing single shot ready up drills and it was not doable with the trigger. You cannot reliably pull a single shot.

So there is no semi position like on the Franklin Armory binary trigger?

CPM
06-30-21, 18:36
So there is no semi position like on the Franklin Armory binary trigger?

Per my original post, no. Just off and on.

titsonritz
06-30-21, 20:12

I consider that a liability and of no interest to me.

Alex V
06-30-21, 20:39

From what I understand if you guerrilla grip it, it will stop running. I think if you don’t let it reset it won’t let the bolt go into battery.

I never tried to get just one shot with it, I did two short bursts then dumped the rest of the mag. Really haven’t had a chance to play around with it since I threw it in a BCM pistol lower.

I thought so too, but apparently it won’t work with the CMMG .22lr bolt

Adrenaline_6
07-01-21, 21:55

My buddy fixed that problem with a stiffer spring. He has the Gen I. He chamfered the edges of the spring pockets and replaced the spring itself. He made a short video of him reliably doing single shots after the mod.

kerplode
07-02-21, 10:51
I think the FRT is a pretty innovative design, but I've grown tired of them spamming the shit out of my email. I don't know how they got my address, but I get several messages a day from these guys despite trying to unsubscribe.

Anyway, I have no plans to buy one. Not 'cause it's expensive or because it'll eventually draw the attention of the ATF and people are gonna get visits. I'm not gonna buy one because I'm pretty "meh" about full-auto. I was very fortunate when I was growing up in the '80s...My mentor in shooting and reloading was a class 3 SOT FFL and I basically spent every weekend firing every kind of legit MG we could get our hands on. BARs, Thompsons, M16s, AKs, MAKs, UZIs, 1919s...You name it. We even screwed around with an M2 for a while. Honestly, I did it so much that it got boring. So no desire to mag dump my $0.80/rd 5.56 rounds into the berm.

HKGuns
07-02-21, 11:47
Each to his own. More power to these guys if they can build one that works properly.

Personally, there is nothing wrong with any of my G-Triggers and since they're not broke, I have no intention of trying to fix them.

This is the last trigger I would put on a serious rifle.

Adrenaline_6
07-28-21, 07:33
Can you say belt fed cover fire?

https://youtu.be/kuoUJd2b3hU

Alex V
07-28-21, 07:57
Can you say belt fed cover fire?

https://youtu.be/kuoUJd2b3hU

If only that upper wasn't $6400

georgeib
07-28-21, 08:02
If only that upper wasn't $6400

And if only ammo wasn't 70¢/round...

KITTEN_FRENZY
07-30-21, 14:32
My FRT is installed in an ADM lower. Tried installing mine with 3 diff uppers and mixing and matching BCGs because the the BCG would be impeded by the FRT locking bar. The only BCG I could get to work was my WMD... Couldn't get the Geissele REBCG and a DSG to hinge shut with any of the uppers. Some people are able to pull back on the CH to get the BCG to move back far enough to close over the FRT's locking bar, but that was a no-go. Hmm.

Spooky1
07-30-21, 19:47
My FRT is installed in an ADM lower. Tried installing mine with 3 diff uppers and mixing and matching BCGs because the the BCG would be impeded by the FRT locking bar. The only BCG I could get to work was my WMD... Couldn't get the Geissele REBCG and a DSG to hinge shut with any of the uppers. Some people are able to pull back on the CH to get the BCG to move back far enough to close over the FRT's locking bar, but that was a no-go. Hmm.

I have read where some folks filed just a tiny amount from the Locking Bar to get it to close correctly. This naturally is 2nd hand information tho and I don't have one of these Triggers so I do not know anything about them other than what I read.

Hope you get it sorted out tho so you can enjoy it.

titsonritz
08-13-21, 00:26
Rare Breed Triggers was given a cease and desist order to halt production and sale of their FRT-15 trigger. I know, shocker right?

Here is Rare Breed's Complaint Against the ATF and DOJ. Seem like they have a lined up there duck pretty good, it should be interesting.
https://theinfidel.co/blogs/news/rare-breed-triggers-complaint-against-the-atf-and-doj

Diamondback
08-13-21, 01:06
Rare Breed Triggers was given a cease and desist order to halt production and sale of their FRT-15 trigger. I know, shocker right?

Here is Rare Breed's Complaint Against the ATF and DOJ. Seem like they have a lined up there duck pretty good, it should be interesting.
https://theinfidel.co/blogs/news/rare-breed-triggers-complaint-against-the-atf-and-doj

Asshat Terrorist Fascists ignoring their own experts in pursuit of agenda... *Gomer Pyle voice* "Surprise, surprise, surprise!"

okie
08-13-21, 08:18
Okay someone tell me if I have this straight. It's not a binary trigger? It seems to differ in that it doesn't fire upon release, but rather uses the carrier to physically force the trigger to reset, and the shooter simply keeps constant pressure in the same way they would to operate a bump stock?

If that's accurate, it seems like that's where they're coming from. Totally not an MG, and neither is a bump stock, but I can definitely see how the argument (if you can call it that) against bump stocks also applies to this.

Alex V
08-13-21, 08:25

I have to nudge the bar slightly forward and then it closes fine on my BCM upper w/BCM BCG.

08-13-21, 08:33
From January:
I wouldn’t jump on that train.
Crystal ball says it’s illegal in 6 months.

Okay someone tell me if I have this straight. It's not a binary trigger? It seems to differ in that it doesn't fire upon release, but rather uses the carrier to physically force the trigger to reset, and the shooter simply keeps constant pressure in the same way they would to operate a bump stock?

If that's accurate, it seems like that's where they're coming from. Totally not an MG, and neither is a bump stock, but I can definitely see how the argument (if you can call it that) against bump stocks also applies to this.

Definitely not a binary. I just want everyone to remember how they were ok with “sacrificing” bumpstocks. I’m sure that shoe doesn’t fit everyone, but it certainly fits some.

Adrenaline_6
11-23-22, 08:16
Rare Breed has a fire sale on BDU WOT triggers. $199.

They must have got all BDU stock after the patent infringement lawsuit and are now selling them off. The website crashed last night probably due to traffic, but is now back up again.

https://www.rarebreedtriggers.com/product/wot/?_kx=-OeQOsg_wRJRfkGWkeqUsR_-slju0xiVYpWaJE0-wJ4%3D.ThLeNS

georgeib
11-23-22, 08:58
Rare Breed has a fire sale on BDU WOT triggers. $199.

They must have got all BDU stock after the patent infringement lawsuit and are now selling them off. The website crashed last night probably due to traffic, but is now back up again.

https://www.rarebreedtriggers.com/product/wot/?_kx=-OeQOsg_wRJRfkGWkeqUsR_-slju0xiVYpWaJE0-wJ4%3D.ThLeNS

Saw this. Gives me pause for a couple of reasons:
1. WOT triggers have a history of breaking. Poor casting and heat treatment.
2. Does this strike anyone else as a bit suspicious? I mean, Rare Breed can't sell their own triggers, but are somehow allowed to sell the WOT stock they got from BDU?

Adrenaline_6
11-23-22, 10:00
Saw this. Gives me pause for a couple of reasons:
1. WOT triggers have a history of breaking. Poor casting and heat treatment.
2. Does this strike anyone else as a bit suspicious? I mean, Rare Breed can't sell their own triggers, but are somehow allowed to sell the WOT stock they got from BDU?

Haven't heard of them breaking. Just a little looser and not as finished looking. Might be that they can't manufacture anymore, but are just selling the WOT stock they have just sitting in a warehouse.