PDA

View Full Version : Changing Muzzle Devices---Do I Need To Re-Zero?

Dr. Bullseye
01-06-21, 22:13
California--upcoming court case may allow us to once again use flash hiders. If I take my brake off and install a flash hider, do I need to re-zero the rifle? Will it change the zero?

RHINOWSO
01-06-21, 22:27
Yes and Yes it can - it may not be a big change, but it could be.

ST911
01-06-21, 22:44
California--upcoming court case may allow us to once again use flash hiders. If I take my brake off and install a flash hider, do I need to re-zero the rifle? Will it change the zero?

Rezero.

Dr. Bullseye
01-06-21, 23:23
Thanks guys.

03Infantry415
01-06-21, 23:23
I would for a peace of mind.

Circle_10
01-07-21, 10:35
I re-zero basically any time I change anything on a gun. Muzzle device, stock, pistol grip, FCG. It’s probably overkill in some cases but I’m really obsessive-compulsive about my zeroes.

Dr. Bullseye
01-07-21, 13:26
I re-zero basically any time I change anything on a gun. Muzzle device, stock, pistol grip, FCG. It’s probably overkill in some cases but I’m really obsessive-compulsive about my zeroes.

Thanks, I'm hoping to go back to a real pistol grip at the same time.

Circle_10
01-07-21, 17:00
Thanks, I'm hoping to go back to a real pistol grip at the same time.

I should point out that it is possible that my insistence on re-zeroing even after changing grips is crossing the line into full blown neurosis and isn’t something a sane person actually needs to do. But madness is my method.

Pappabear
01-07-21, 20:50
It wont probably be significant, but if you have the chance, why not rezero. If you have to walk into a class, go for it then zero at the class. But always zero you main load.

WE shoot so many loads in so many guns, I will often shoot one or two on paper then fix the wind if its more than .5moa. I can live with more on elevation but can keep that in mind when shooting. But wind is so confusing to start with, I want it correct.

PB

Uncas47
01-08-21, 21:58
Maintaining zero is a responsibility, any deviation from the norm is doubt, when in doubt verify.