PDA

View Full Version : American Defense Rifles/Uppers

JLT73
01-07-21, 13:59
Does anyone have any experience with their rifles or uppers? I know they use Criterion barrels, but I wasn't able to find any information on them using the search function.

Thanks

Nightstalker865
01-08-21, 22:27
https://youtu.be/awZ8DB5p3gk

https://youtu.be/w8omoD8ph8k

https://youtu.be/By5HAFE5ILU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jackblack73
01-09-21, 10:22
Have you tried searching for ADM rifles?

JLT73
01-09-21, 19:15
Thank you for the links. I did see Garand Thumb's review before, but I was wondering if anyone on this forum had any experience with them.

JLT73
01-09-21, 19:15
I did search and very little about the guns, a lot on their mounts.

Hank6046
01-11-21, 19:41
I own their UIC-10a, picked it up a round the 4th of July and with the ammo crisis I've only shot about 400rds through it. Very nice rifle for what it is although I wanted LMT MWS and could find one. The only complaint would be the hand guard which is a little cumbersome which is odd because they are the sister company to Mid-West industries.

As far as their AR's go, they are a step above in certain aspects, and I have shot quite a bit of them. My go to rifle (currently) is a DD upper on an ADM ambi lower. The lower did have issues when I first got it in as it wouldn't keep the bolt open after the last round on older OKAY/ standard STANAG/ Surefeed mags. They gave me a new one and I haven't seen the issue since.

JLT73
01-12-21, 07:01
Thank you for opinion, I appreciate it. I have the opportunity to pick up one of their 12.5 pistols, but just wanted a little more feedback on their guns. I have used their mounts in the past with good luck.

Hank6046
01-12-21, 08:36
Thank you for opinion, I appreciate it. I have the opportunity to pick up one of their 12.5 pistols, but just wanted a little more feedback on their guns. I have used their mounts in the past with good luck.

So the group of guys I shoot with normally are LEO's in my local area, and they all shoot predominately ADM and BCM. I have shot ADMs suppressed with Surefire cans (11.5 I believe) and was pleasantly surprised with the recoil impulse, and how nice it was to shoot compared to a 10.5 Aero upper I used to have. They still put a little gas in the eyes but, not horrible. ADM mainly sources parts from other manufactures, so I think that their barrels are all Criterion or Rosco, Criterion being preferred because they are 20 minutes north of New Berlin in my estimation. The Bolt on my AR10 is Lantac manufacturing and they also used a lot of Radian parts. Overall, they are a really nice custom build with decent customer service. I wouldn't go over $2k for a rifle and can get them for around $1600-$1800 here, which, if cost is an indicator of quality, is about right.

JLT73
01-12-21, 09:02
That is exactly what I wanted to hear. I will be using my Surefire RC2 on it, and I can get it for 1700 brand new with the Criterion barrel.

Hank6046
01-12-21, 09:14
That is exactly what I wanted to hear. I will be using my Surefire RC2 on it, and I can get it for 1700 brand new with the Criterion barrel.

So I don't currently own a suppressor, and am looking to get a 30cal RC2 myself, but I bought their AR10 (UIC-10a) with suppression in mind, I was also looking at the LMT and PWS ar10 types, but with the features that this has I have been pleasantly surprised at the capability.

JLT73
01-12-21, 09:26
I have the 556 version, wanted to get into larger calibers but its a bit late now with the ammo issues. The ADM has the Surefire muzzle device so that is a plus. I have zero complaints about the can so far. I was impressed with the noise reduction on my 11.5 sbr and it is exactly what I was looking for.

Hank6046
01-12-21, 09:33
I have the 556 version, wanted to get into larger calibers but its a bit late now with the ammo issues. The ADM has the Surefire muzzle device so that is a plus. I have zero complaints about the can so far. I was impressed with the noise reduction on my 11.5 sbr and it is exactly what I was looking for.

Yeah, Surefire rarely makes a product that isn't outstanding. I just have a job that keeps me moving and thus keeps me from submitting paperwork. If you have any questions, you can also just reach out to ADM themselves, I have reached out to manufactures quite often, especially when I run into an issue as they normally take care of it right away.

www.admmfg.com/contact

JLT73
01-12-21, 09:52
I understand about the moving around. I got lucky and my stamp took 5 months. I will do that, and thank you again.

Randall
01-12-21, 23:39
I'm a big fan of ADM ambi lowers. I don't have any experience with their uppers though

JLT73
01-14-21, 12:09
I'm a big fan of ADM ambi lowers. I don't have any experience with their uppers though

I appreciate your input, thank you.