PDA

View Full Version : YHM Two Piece Handguards?

Mr.Goodtimes
12-03-08, 20:18
Hey yall, im new to the forums and just bought my first AR! im wonderin what the consensus on the YHM two piece handguards are? are these high quality or is it a get what i pay for thing? also, what does it generally cost to have a free float tube installed? are the YHM free gloat tubes high quality tubes?

Thx,

Ryan

MassMark
12-03-08, 20:37
YHM makes some nice stuff and their rails are well-made. Take my opinion for what it's worth, (an opinion on the Internet) and if you're going to spend money on a two piece set up, divert your dough to a Troy MRF-DI. If you ever see them side by side, (I have), it will be clear to you at first glance that Troy just builds a superior product...Price point is there, quality is there, utility is there - it's a tank, but does not weigh as much as one. Only adds a few ounces to your rifle and chicks dig em.... ;)

http://www.troyind.com/MRFDI.html

Mr.Goodtimes
12-03-08, 20:50
hey thx alot massmark! i looked those up, they do look really nice! now im also interested in the MI#20 carbine free float, as its free floating and i can install it myself! is this a good system as well? price is a factor, im trying to build up a nice ar with out spending my life savings lol.

MassMark
12-03-08, 21:02
No problem....While I'm sure others - especially the well-heeled would disagree, I think free float rails are great on a precision rifle, but on a fighting carbine they are money better spent on ammo. What the Troy will bring to your carbine will be more than enough. Good luck with your build!

Mr.Goodtimes
12-03-08, 21:06
Troy it is! thanks alot for your help massmark!!