PDA

View Full Version : S&W M&P 15 Flash Hider?

Onytay
12-04-08, 05:26
Hello all

I do a good amount of lerking and reading, but going to try my first post. I bought this rifle a while back, and since winter is setting in I plan to start putting some goodies on it. I guess its one of the earlier models because it doesn't have any letters following the 15 on the magwell ( It does accept the P-Mags ). I'm going to assume its the A model because it is a flattop with flip up sight marked with an M&P, from what i understand its made by Troy. Anyway I've done some searching and I cant find an answer so heres a question I have. I want to putt a free float railed hand gaurd on it, I'll probaly use a mid length and shave the FSB, what I need to know though is if the flash hider is perm attached. This would probaly be good to know before I go cranking on it. Does anyone know?

As always thanks for your help, and if you notice any spelling errors, just keep in mind I'm not a spelling B champ!:D

rob_s
12-04-08, 06:03
AFAIK there are no M&P models with permanently attached flash hiders.

Iraqgunz
12-04-08, 06:18
I am by no means an expert, but I am guessing that you would be able to look at the flash hider and see if it is pinned and welded in place. If you have the correct tools, and lock the weapon in a vise properly it should come off relatively easy.

Hello all

I do a good amount of lerking and reading, but going to try my first post. I bought this rifle a while back, and since winter is setting in I plan to start putting some goodies on it. I guess its one of the earlier models because it doesn't have any letters following the 15 on the magwell ( It does accept the P-Mags ). I'm going to assume its the A model because it is a flattop with flip up sight marked with an M&P, from what i understand its made by Troy. Anyway I've done some searching and I cant find an answer so heres a question I have. I want to putt a free float railed hand gaurd on it, I'll probaly use a mid length and shave the FSB, what I need to know though is if the flash hider is perm attached. This would probaly be good to know before I go cranking on it. Does anyone know?

As always thanks for your help, and if you notice any spelling errors, just keep in mind I'm not a spelling B champ!:D

Onytay
12-04-08, 10:37
Thanks for the help, time to spend some money:p

Damascus
12-04-08, 12:21
The M&P series use a regular A2 style "birdcage" flash suppressor, which is removable, OR, depending on state laws, no flash hider at all, just a crowned muzzle.
You might wanna look at the Troy MRF free-float quad rails, as that's what comes on the M&P15-T rifles (10" mid-length, IIRC).
They also simpler to install than other free float tubes (except for the DD Omega).