PDA

View Full Version : WASHINGTON STATE: AWB filed, FIRE MISSION time!

Diamondback
01-16-21, 20:33
Stolen from reddit user u/chunkyhrvatski on r/WA_guns for the writeup and chipotle at NorthwestFirearms for additional commentary:

AWB has been filed, we expected this. You must comment on every single bill and you must call and email your representatives. If you have done this then call the attorney general's office and contact Jesse Salomon. As a specific action today we are pressuring the Senate Law and Justice committee, they have the power to stop all these bills from the senate. Contact moderate democrat Jesse Salomon at (360) 786-7662 and jesse.salomon@leg.wa.gov. He needs to get a thousand calls today. Salomon is not a hardline anti-gunner and needs to know that democrats in this state own firearms too and will not stand for sweeping bans on all modern firearms.

Assault weapons ban: SB 5217 THIS IS NEW, COMMENT ON IT NOW

Talking points:
This bill has been brought forth and defeated time and time again. After 2020 more Washingtonians forever of all political affiliations and demographics own modern firearms, all of which are arbitrarily defined herein as “assault weapons”. This is no longer a partisan issue and is essentially a ban on all contemporary firearms.
Washingtonians are already required to pass multiple lengthy criminal background checks, a background check on our mental health and attend a training class covering firearms use and law to own any semi-automatic rifle. We have all demonstrated beyond a shadow of a doubt our exceptional lawfulness and commitment to firearms safety and responsible use.
This bill is a direct copy of the expired ‘94 AWB, which sunsetted due to no organization in the entire country being able to provide evidence it had any effect on crime. It includes bans on firearms that have not been sold or manufactured for decades, this shows that the sponsors of the bill do not understand what they are regulating and are not committed to firearms safety or crime reduction in any way.

I'll add this: while measures such as SB5217 are popular political footballs with constituencies within the greater King County metro area, it is important to consider the tens of thousands of Washingtonians statewide who will be financially injured due to their property, which is often a hefty investment, becoming illegal overnight. This is legal fuel for the swarm of lawsuits to come should this bill pass. Our reps would serve us best to vote this bill down and focus on measures to actually improve life in a state impacted by COVID, civil unrest, and general buffoonery. WRITE AND CALL YOUR REPS!!

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/wa-awb-filed-details-talking-points-and-links-to-comment-below.353700/

Zane1844
01-16-21, 22:02
I contacted everyone last year, and went to Olympia. Inslee and his Henchmen Ferguson tried to pass two more mag bans after the initial one failed. I’m worried about these this year. I hope we defeat them again. How long until Inslee just ignores the democratic process and makes these law overnight? He does it with his covid BS.

223to45
01-17-21, 11:15
I contacted everyone last year, and went to Olympia. Inslee and his Henchmen Ferguson tried to pass two more mag bans after the initial one failed. I’m worried about these this year. I hope we defeat them again. How long until Inslee just ignores the democratic process and makes these law overnight? He does it with his covid BS.I am not feeling very optimistic this year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Diamondback
01-17-21, 11:41
Too bad we don't have time for an initiative on counteroffensive... OTOH, with "record turnout" that means the numbers bar to get on the ballot is absurdly high.

223to45
01-17-21, 13:03
Also let's not forget about the magazine ban either.

https://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?billnumber=5078&year=2021

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Diamondback
01-17-21, 13:49
Indeed. Looks like they're gonna try a Full Court Press across the entire spectrum, trying to make us pick and choose where to concentrate our resistance.