PDA

View Full Version : Illinois and Indiana restrictions

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-17-21, 18:50
Checking for some family members in Il and In.

Restriction on mags purchases? 30 rounders ok?

AR’s to buy OK?

In our Cook County specifically, for Illinois. We know about FOID cards.

I don’t think it matters for Indiana?

Just trying to get them to make some strategic purchases before it is too late. I thought both states were pretty open, but I’m looking online I thought I saw some shipping restrictions.

hickuleas
01-17-21, 19:05
No restrictions I am aware of for magazines or AR's in Indiana

signal4l
01-17-21, 20:26
Check locally for firearm restrictions in IL. There is no statewide AWB or laws restricting magazine capacity. SBR are ok if you have a curio and relic license and jump through a bunch of hoops. No suppressors or full auto.

Crook county and some towns use local ordinances to enact gun control. These ordinances exist but are rarely enforced. The penalties usually include a fine and confiscation of firearm. The Cook County AWB allows for incarceration of up to 6 months. I am not aware of anyone ever getting locked up for this.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-17-21, 22:03
Check locally for firearm restrictions in IL. There is no statewide AWB or laws restricting magazine capacity. SBR are ok if you have a curio and relic license and jump through a bunch of hoops. No suppressors or full auto.

Crook county and some towns use local ordinances to enact gun control. These ordinances exist but are rarely enforced. The penalties usually include a fine and confiscation of firearm. The Cook County AWB allows for incarceration of up to 6 months. I am not aware of anyone ever getting locked up for this.

So no general Cook County limit on magazine capacity?

signal4l
01-17-21, 23:34
There is no state law (yet) in IL prohibiting high capacity magazines. Your family members could still get jammed up in Cook county if they possess them. The ordinance exists but is seldom enforced. It will likely become an issue if a prohibited weapon or magazine is used in self-defense.

https://triggerwise.blogspot.com/2017/04/large-capacity-magazine-limits-cook.html?m=1

MWAG19919
01-18-21, 06:50
Anywhere in IN or outside Crook county and you’re gtg. I’m in Will county with most of my freedoms. Actually working on my first Form 1