PDA

View Full Version : Broken ACOG

greene
01-18-21, 09:10
Have a trijicon ta47 that I've been using for a long time. Was out with it a few weeks ago & within the first three rounds the Amber triangle went black, as if the fiber optic element disconnected from something. Sent it in to trijicon & just received a message that it was out of warranty, obsolete, and unrepairable. Also stated they can neither repair or replace the illumination on the unit anymore. I understand it's out of warranty, but not why it cant be fixed if I'm willing to pay. Sucks. Just thought I'd give a heads up for fellow ta47 users

RHINOWSO
01-18-21, 09:24
I understand it's out of warranty, but not why it cant be fixed if I'm willing to pay.
Time, money, effort, ROI.

matemike
01-18-21, 12:11
good to know. I have a ta31. I think they still make them. so a repair would be possible if needed.

how old (out of date) is your ta47 ?

greene
01-18-21, 12:38
Not sure of the date. It's old enough where I was told they no longer have the tooling to open the housing for repair.

Pappabear
01-18-21, 12:43
It's still usable though, correct?

PB

greene
01-18-21, 12:50
Yes. Just no illumination. No fiber optic & no tritium. Just a black triangle & post. They did just offer me a 30% discount on just about everything they offer. They would just keep the ta47

markm
01-18-21, 13:37
I'd just keep the sight. If it's that old, it could go on a beater gun or something, and just be a day time use only thing.

Pappabear
01-18-21, 16:13
Yes. Just no illumination. No fiber optic & no tritium. Just a black triangle & post. They did just offer me a 30% discount on just about everything they offer. They would just keep the ta47

Doesn't it have the markings ( is that the post you speak of) so isnt it more than just crosshairs, correct. And could shoot out to 500...600..?

If so, id keep it.

PB

greene
01-18-21, 17:33
Black triangle & post, no hash marks. Looks like the tr24 triangle reticle. I'm going to keep it. Was quoted just under $1,000 for a new one, that's with the 30% off. It'll do just fine on my son's m&p15-22