PDA

View Full Version : Giant attacks SF team in Kandahar

WillBrink
01-18-21, 15:01
So here's a F-ed story. Claims a giant attacked an SF team in kandahar. So, dude who was a SEAL claims to have spoken personally to a member of the SF team who was there, and more below vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T92e0aaizaI

SEE ALSO:

Bizarre claims US special ops killed 12FT Afghan red-haired biblical 'GIANT'

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/kandahar-giant-military-nephilim-biblical-16877566

rushca01
01-18-21, 15:28
Love listening to Ballen’s story telling, he has A LOT of good videos.

Lefty223
01-18-21, 15:31
... same creature that killed those Russian hikers 50-years ago?

ABNAK
01-18-21, 15:50
Uh huh.

WillBrink
01-18-21, 15:53
Love listening to Ballen’s story telling, he has A LOT of good videos.

I will have to check out more.

... same creature that killed those Russian hikers 50-years ago?

Different country no? If it's story I recall, hikers where found frozen, no signs of trauma, etc, which was one of many reasons it made no sense: they'd left all their gear, walked off in the cold, and died.

SpecWired
01-18-21, 15:56
Sounds like yet another reason to bring them home and let the warlords deal with Grendel.

ABNAK
01-18-21, 16:05
Different country no? If it's story I recall, hikers where found frozen, no signs of trauma, etc, which was one of many reasons it made no sense: they'd left all their gear, walked off in the cold, and died.

IIRC I watched a movie a few years back where that incident opened the movie. One of those "based on true events" movies. It was a horror flick, can't recall the name.

Slater
01-18-21, 16:08
I watched "The Objective". But in that flick the SF guys were being attacked by UFO's.

rushca01
01-18-21, 16:19
I watched "The Objective". But in that flick the SF guys were being attacked by UFO's.

I remember that, I watched that about 6 years ago give or take.

utahjeepr
01-18-21, 16:28
This kind of thing has been going on for a long time. First one I recall was a giant carrot that bore a striking resemblance to Marshal Dillon.

Bulletdog
01-18-21, 16:57
You can color me skeptical. Entertaining though...

titsonritz
01-18-21, 17:08
So Afghan Bigfoot? Sasquatchistan?

JediGuy
01-18-21, 17:27
Shades of 1990’s Frank Peretti Christian spiritual fantasy

pag23
01-18-21, 17:38
Ah..a new show for the Travel Channel

farmhard
01-18-21, 17:40
This kind of thing has been going on for a long time. First one I recall was a giant carrot that bore a striking resemblance to Marshal Dillon.

Things like this are supposed to stay hidden but are so electrifying they just can’t stay buried. Lol

RHINOWSO
01-18-21, 17:47
Helmet cam video here.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.gifer.com%2FV3iu.gif&f=1&nofb=1

CRAMBONE
01-18-21, 17:59
Sometimes I like watching videos on YouTube that talk about weird things soldiers saw and experienced on deployments. There are a lot of combat ghost stories out there.

hickuleas
01-18-21, 18:13
The Bible mentions these type of creatures Nephilim when a Angel breeds with a human.

JediGuy
01-18-21, 18:22
The Bible mentions these type of creatures Nephilim when a Angel breeds with a human.

Sort of.

For those that might care, one of the kin of the world’s most well-known giant, Goliath, is recorded as having six finger and toes per appendage. This was included in the stories about David, his relatives, and soldiers taking care of bidniss AKA killing off the rest of the family. This is where Christian fiction gets the idea.

Separate from this specific video’s narrative, anyone interested in why this is a uniquely Judeo-Christian story should read Unseen Realm by Michael Heiser. Fascinating stuff. Or, Supernatural is the less technical book covering the same material.

just a scout
01-18-21, 19:14
I’ve heard tell from some nice gentlemen about zombies in the interior of Haiti. And after my one encounter with a shaman, I believe them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The_War_Wagon
01-18-21, 19:20
My old eyes read that headline as, "San Fransisco (SF) Giants attack Kandahar" at first glance.

My kid brother was stationed there with the USAF in '05-'06. He's 6' 8". Maybe they just saw him OUT of the Green Zone one day! :jester:

TBAR_94
01-19-21, 09:16
I've had "vacations" to Afghanistan on and off for the last ten years. The "Kandahar giant" story has been floating around for as long as I can remember. I personally think it's one of those 10% truth things--I wouldn't be surprised if some plus sized, drugged up Taliban guy took a lot of shots to take down, but beyond that I'm skeptical.

A lot of the stuff that the SOF was doing in the early days of the war was a lot less transparent then that it was now. Early on in the GWOT the SOF community didn't necessarily play well with others, and one of the funnier unintended consequences was all the hilarious rumors that came out of that--I chalk this story up to that.

Vgex2
01-19-21, 09:38
Which SCP is this?

chuckman
01-19-21, 09:40
My old eyes read that headline as, "San Fransisco (SF) Giants attack Kandahar" at first glance.

My kid brother was stationed there with the USAF in '05-'06. He's 6' 8". Maybe they just saw him OUT of the Green Zone one day! :jester:

LOL, I also had to read it a couple times.

taliv
01-19-21, 09:46
this is what happens when people accidentally deploy their magnifier in front of their aimpoint/eotech

Spiffums
01-19-21, 09:49
I got into the whole giants walk the earth thing and there is lot of stories/photos out there that lend credibility to it down through history.

okie
01-19-21, 10:16
I’ve heard tell from some nice gentlemen about zombies in the interior of Haiti. And after my one encounter with a shaman, I believe them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Hattian zombie is basically the victim of a chemical lobotomy. In Voodoo religion, it's considered bad juju to kill anyone, including even people who have done terrible things, like commit murder. So in the absence of a death penalty, they came up with a concoction of naturally occurring poisons that didn't kill the person, but somehow chemically lobotomized them, rendering them incapable of committing more murders.

okie
01-19-21, 10:25
Sort of.

For those that might care, one of the kin of the world’s most well-known giant, Goliath, is recorded as having six finger and toes per appendage. This was included in the stories about David, his relatives, and soldiers taking care of bidniss AKA killing off the rest of the family. This is where Christian fiction gets the idea.

Separate from this specific video’s narrative, anyone interested in why this is a uniquely Judeo-Christian story should read Unseen Realm by Michael Heiser. Fascinating stuff. Or, Supernatural is the less technical book covering the same material.

It's not just in the Bible. There are common themes in giant lore that repeat themselves all over the world, and polydactylism is probably the most prevalent. There seems to be some truth to it:

The skeleton in that photo is 8-9 feet tall, and it suffered from polydactylism. It was found by Ralph Glidden off the coast of California on an island that was the legendary home of a race of giants in the stories of the indigenous people there.

sgtrock82
01-19-21, 11:17
Formost.... did any entire infantry squads just straight up vanish in Afghanistan? Ive heard of individuals go missing but an entire squad...

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Dr. Bullseye
01-19-21, 11:21
How many years has this story been around, ten, twelve? It has been debunked over and over. Bible-babble keeps it alive in some circles.

WillBrink
01-19-21, 11:36
Formost.... did any entire infantry squads just straight up vanish in Afghanistan? Ive heard of individuals go missing but an entire squad...

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

No clue, according to the sources, whole thing was dropped into a need-2-know-it-never-happened-sign-these-ND's hole. Sounds rather far fetched obviously if not for a few with the creds who claim to have been there/talked directly with someone who was there, didn't exist.

WillBrink
01-19-21, 11:38
How many years has this story been around, ten, twelve? It has been debunked over and over. Bible-babble keeps it alive in some circles.

Debunked by whom? Denial by the mil is not debunked...

Bulletdog
01-19-21, 12:07

I was wondering that too. I know the Green Berets are some bad ass dudes, but the orange haired, wall climbing, spear chucking giant was able to take down an entire squad of armed soldiers and then dismantle their gear and their bodies?

Bulletdog
01-19-21, 12:10
It's not just in the Bible. There are common themes in giant lore that repeat themselves all over the world, and polydactylism is probably the most prevalent. There seems to be some truth to it:

The skeleton in that photo is 8-9 feet tall, and it suffered from polydactylism. It was found by Ralph Glidden off the coast of California on an island that was the legendary home of a race of giants in the stories of the indigenous people there.

I've read about this race of giant "Indians" in multiple non-fiction books on the history of Catalina Island. Apparently the fur trappers after otter pelts, and the Inuits that they hired to help them killed these island giants off. When I get home I'll pull out my books and see if I can find the specifics.

Averageman
01-19-21, 12:23
I was wondering that too. I know the Green Berets are some bad ass dudes, but the orange haired, wall climbing, spear chucking giant was able to take down an entire squad of armed soldiers and then dismantle their gear and their bodies?

Bone Tomahawk?

Esq.
01-19-21, 13:02
Bone Tomahawk?

Better get you a Merwin and Hulbert revolver in that case.....

Honu
01-19-21, 15:21
what is interesting is stories that carried through from 100s and thousands of years ago even cave paintings etc...
Giants and little people stand out in culture often has the stories lore paintings and so on to backup something ?

okie
01-19-21, 15:25
I've read about this race of giant "Indians" in multiple non-fiction books on the history of Catalina Island. Apparently the fur trappers after otter pelts, and the Inuits that they hired to help them killed these island giants off. When I get home I'll pull out my books and see if I can find the specifics.

The Native American giant legends are myriad, and span the entire continent. Which is interesting, because you have specific parallels between different tribes separated by language and thousands of miles, in an era before the horse was brought by the Spanish.

If the Kandahar story is fabricated, whoever did the fabrication knew a lot about giant lore and was very careful to get the details right. Which certainly isn't out of the question, it would just be rather unusual. Either it would require conspiracy between the eye witnesses or all of the eye witnesses would have to independently add specific details to the rumor that jive with known giant lore. That's not usually how these things get started, though. Normally one person starts a rumor, and then it gets spread around and details get added. The odds of those details being added being correct are slim to none. I mean, how many soldiers are intimately familiar with Native American mythology about giants? Not even very many Native Americans themselves know about it, and anthropologists have zero interest for those stories. The only people who still care are the tribal storytellers, and basically hardly anyone ever takes any interest in their old oral traditions.

okie
01-19-21, 15:28
No clue, according to the sources, whole thing was dropped into a need-2-know-it-never-happened-sign-these-ND's hole. Sounds rather far fetched obviously if not for a few with the creds who claim to have been there/talked directly with someone who was there, didn't exist.

It's been a while since I heard the story, but didn't it involve private security contractors?

taliv
01-19-21, 16:22
https://youtu.be/sVmOnwng6gs

https://youtu.be/sVmOnwng6gs

Cool video at 16 and change. The afg incident is discussed at the end