PDA

View Full Version : FN barrel question

Slater
01-23-21, 15:51
I have a Spike's "Retro" model, which is basically a Plain-Jane A4 with a 20-inch HBAR. I noticed that the barrel is marked with the "FN" logo followed by the usual "B MP 5.56 NATO 1/7".

Spike's contracted the barrel from FN, but as far as I was aware FN wasn't really known for their 20 inch heavy barrels. Or do they make a decent amount of these?

It's a nice rifle. Of course it would be nicer without that stupid spider logo.

Stickman
01-23-21, 16:02
Order enough, and most manufacturers will make whatever you want, to whatever standard you want.

utahjeepr
01-23-21, 16:29
That barrel is actually supposed to be pretty good. I've not shot one but I've heard of it. It is never referenced as an FN barrel, just called the Spikes 20 in HBAR. As stickman says, just another FN contract barrel. They make all kinds of stuff. I've even seen FN AK barrels.

Circle_10
01-24-21, 16:47
It's a nice rifle. Of course it would be nicer without that stupid spider logo.

There’s a reason why their logo is also referred to as the “dueling penises”, look closely at it and once you see it, you’ll never go back to seeing that spider again. Problem solved!

Slater
01-24-21, 17:37
There’s a reason why their logo is also referred to as the “dueling penises”, look closely at it and once you see it, you’ll never go back to seeing that spider again. Problem solved!

Yep, I'm aware. Unfortunately.