PDA

View Full Version : DD Lite Rail over a gas block?

ssmoore
11-12-06, 21:45
I remember reading that you cant do this because theres no way to tighten the set screws on the gas block once the rail is installed. I have searched but cant seem to find the thread. I belive some one said it was possible but im not sure. What I have is the stag barrel and gas block thats used on the s&w mpt with the troy rail. I was going to use the troy 9in instead of the 10 but I found out the 9 has notches on the front for some reason now I dont want to use it. I want a continuous to rail also so that rules out larue. Seems DD 9in is my only other option but then I run into the install problem.. Any advice anyone?

steve

C4IGrant
11-12-06, 22:29
I remember reading that you cant do this because theres no way to tighten the set screws on the gas block once the rail is installed. I have searched but cant seem to find the thread. I belive some one said it was possible but im not sure. What I have is the stag barrel and gas block thats used on the s&w mpt with the troy rail. I was going to use the troy 9in instead of the 10 but I found out the 9 has notches on the front for some reason now I dont want to use it. I want a continuous to rail also so that rules out larue. Seems DD 9in is my only other option but then I run into the install problem.. Any advice anyone?

steve

You can do it (have done many of them). It is just a PITA. You have to leave the rail loose so that you can slide it back and forth in order to line up the vent holes with the GB screws.

If you cannot perform the work yourself, I can help you.

C4

ssmoore
11-12-06, 22:59
Grant thanks. I know I can do it but Im worried in the future it will be a bitch to get the gb back off also. Im starting to really consider the larue 9in. Do the ones you have in stock have the sling swivel or do you still have the old style? Also do you know if larue is going to make the style without the gap in the future?

C4IGrant
11-13-06, 09:00
Grant thanks. I know I can do it but Im worried in the future it will be a bitch to get the gb back off also. Im starting to really consider the larue 9in. Do the ones you have in stock have the sling swivel or do you still have the old style? Also do you know if larue is going to make the style without the gap in the future?

You can get the DD rail off the same way you put it on.

I believe the LT 9.0's I have do include the swivel.

I have not heard anything about LT making a continuous rail.

C4