PDA

View Full Version : Listen and wear your mask or it's arrest and taser time....... even in Texas.

Whiskey_Bravo
01-26-21, 13:14
It would have been a lot easier for the guy to just leave but not sure arguing about a mask as you walk out is worth of having a taser drawn on you and being arrested. I like the radio call at the end of the clip, "still uncooperative" as the guy stands still with his hands in the air.

https://summit.news/2021/01/26/video-texas-police-officer-threatens-to-taser-man-for-not-wearing-mask/

https://twitter.com/MrNickConnolly/status/1353565799693377537?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1353565799693377537%7Ctwgr%5E&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsummit.news%2F2021%2F01%2F26%2Fvideo-texas-police-officer-threatens-to-taser-man-for-not-wearing-mask%2F

TomMcC
01-26-21, 13:53
Seems to me that's what happens when a fellow talks too much. If the store and or city required it, especially the store, I would have just worn it...at least as a courtesy. It's their store not mine. No shoes, no shirt, no mask, no service. Yes, wearing mandated masks has some liberty issues attached that need to be worked out, but that's not the hill I'm going to fight a cop on and wind up in jail.

Whiskey_Bravo
01-26-21, 13:57
Seems to me that's what happens when a fellow talks too much. If the store and or city required it, especially the store, I would have just worn it...at least as a courtesy. It's their store not mine. No shoes, no shirt, no mask, no service. Yes, wearing mandated masks has some liberty issues attached that need to be worked out, but that's not the hill I'm going to fight a cop on and wind up in jail.

I would agree. Just pointing out the place we seem to be in the US. The cop went straight to 100mph over a mask, especially when it seems like he was called out for having it pulled down below his nose/mouth.

Arik
01-26-21, 14:12
Fauci said you have to wear 2 masks!!

Also, there's never going to be a hill to die on. It's not how this works. No one is throwing you in the fire, it's just a slow boil

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-26-21, 14:20
All you A-holes that refuse to wear eye-shields are the ones that piss me off. You can get it through your eyes you fools! It's unsafe to walk around with out eye shields or a scuba mask!!! Stop killing people with your eyes!!!!

Ahem....

What our push back should have been isn't "no masks", it should have been 'give us masks that work'. Until you have an N95, you really aren't protecting yourself. Look at CA- a lock-down and masking dream and a COVID nightmare. I'll wear a mask when the govt provides one that works.

Black_Sheep
01-26-21, 14:22
The officer's response seemed disproportionate, including his attitude when he initiated contact.

Arik
01-26-21, 14:29
All you A-holes that refuse to wear eye-shields are the ones that piss me off. You can get it through your eyes you fools! It's unsafe to walk around with out eye shields or a scuba mask!!! Stop killing people with your eyes!!!!

Ahem....

What our push back should have been isn't "no masks", it should have been 'give us masks that work'. Until you have an N95, you really aren't protecting yourself. Look at CA- a lock-down and masking dream and a COVID nightmare. I'll wear a mask when the govt provides one that works.

Ummmm....Cali is open! All systems are go! Covid was only a problem in Trump's presidency. Quite manageable now

Whiskey_Bravo
01-26-21, 14:33
Ummmm....Cali is open! All systems are go! Covid was only a problem in Trump's presidency. Quite manageable now

Just make sure you wear two mask even after you get vaccinated.

PracticalRifleman
01-26-21, 14:36
Cop won’t follow the rules he’s using lethal force to enforce?

F the cop. F anybody that supports this bullsh*t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arik
01-26-21, 14:49
Just make sure you wear two mask even after you get vaccinated.I'm putting the N95 under the gasmask

Vic79
01-26-21, 14:53
**** masks, Can we please stop the charade. They don’t work. It’s just a feel good measure. You look like a retard.
And that cop is a Homo.

ChattanoogaPhil
01-26-21, 14:56
29 seconds from the time the officer told the man to leave the store until the man walked out the door. Officer was on a short fuse power trip.

MikhailBarracuda91
01-26-21, 15:13
Hot head, his first words were "WHERE'S YOUR MASK".

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

markm
01-26-21, 15:16
**** masks, Can we please stop the charade. They don’t work. It’s just a feel good measure. You look like a retard.

Agreed. It's a retarded charade. Pretty much everyone in public wears them here, and yet the magical (fake) Rona cases are still spiking??? Um... ok... which lie are we supposed to hang our mask on???

PracticalRifleman
01-26-21, 15:18
Agreed. It's a retarded charade. Pretty much everyone in public wears them here, and yet the magical (fake) Rona cases are still spiking??? Um... ok... which lie are we supposed to hang our mask on???

It’s about control. If it was about health, the mandate would be a face shield and an N95.

Honu
01-26-21, 15:20
To protect and serve yeah sure !!

And to use the 1st yeah no more shut up

Some cops are smart sadly many are not will be curious what happens to this one

I can say my brother being a prosecutor has said cops screw up cases so much its insane how many step over and out of bounds

Hope the guy looses his job and gets arressted and sentenced and jailed as would a civilian for tasing another

TomMcC
01-26-21, 15:34
I find that when someone, cop, or otherwise is busting my chops, I clam up and walk away, unless of course that's the day you've decided that a tasing, fist fight, jail time is in order. He should have done that. Is it a good idea to start talking to a guy with a taser and a gun who already seems to be bent, talking about his not wearing his mask right and playing stupid about the law requiring it? Just be quiet and walk away. But yeah, go toe toe with the cop, show him you have rights, skin that smoke wagon and really show him.

Here's an example. Last week I was at an In and Out burger waiting for a refill on my ice tea. I was standing about 3 to 4 feet from this black dude finishing his order, I wasn't really paying attention to the details...just standing quietly with my cup. He goes outside, I get my tea and go outside. He takes a couple steps toward me and says "With all due respect, you were all up in my business". I looked at him for a second, didn't say a word and walked away. That's a situation that can go south real fast in this day and age. It wasn't worth my time and energy.

And, yes, there are hills that are worth dying on.

The_War_Wagon
01-26-21, 15:37
We're gonna stick you - UN-masked - in a jail full of guys - un-masked - in close quarters, to learn you a lesson. :rolleyes:

PracticalRifleman
01-26-21, 15:48
I find that when someone, cop, or otherwise is busting my chops, I clam up and walk away, unless of course that's the day you've decided that a tasing, fist fight, jail time is in order. He should have done that. Is it a good idea to start talking to a guy with a taser and a gun who already seems to be bent, talking about his not wearing his mask right and playing stupid about the law requiring it? Just be quiet and walk away. But yeah, go toe toe with the cop, show him you have rights, skin that smoke wagon and really show him.

And, yes, there are hills that are worth dying on.

Still doesn’t make the officer right.

TomMcC
01-26-21, 15:58
Still doesn’t make the officer right.

Of course not, but what's to be gained by pissing off the cop even more by jaw boning him about his own mask failure? Maybe it's that I'm old and don't want to get punched in the head at my age. I find being quiet in tight situations and getting out of Dodge goes a long way to making my life livable. There will come a day, the way things have been going, when that probably won't be possible. And it's not going to be because I just couldn't mind my own business.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-26-21, 16:03
F him. Was that cop on the rag, sweet Jesus, check his dog for kick bruises.

Seems like two a-holes that deserved each other. How long was the dude hanging out in the store with out a mask- or what is the response time to a ‘man with out a mask’ call?

It was back in last September, whatever happened to the guy and the cop.

t1tan
01-26-21, 16:04
And that cop is a Homo.

100% agreed.

TomMcC
01-26-21, 16:06

Don't worry, Newson will locks us down again. Commies can't help themselves...the power...the power, it's just too much of a temptation to lord it over us.

PracticalRifleman
01-26-21, 16:12
Of course not, but what's to be gained by pissing off the cop even more by jaw boning him about his own mask failure? Maybe it's that I'm old and don't want to get punched in the head at my age. I find being quiet in tight situations and getting out of Dodge goes a long way to making my life livable. There will come a day, the way things have been going, when that probably won't be possible. And it's not going to be because I just couldn't mind my own business.

Perhaps outing an idiot that shouldn’t wear a badge because he’s an egomaniac and sociopath?

utahjeepr
01-26-21, 16:18
I was told by an officer once, "I arrested you because you are an a-hole, I just had to put something else on the paperwork." Pretty much the same for this guy.

ETA: BTW, the cop was right. I deserved it.

Eventually they are gonna have all of us donning MOPP 4 full time. But not til the heat of summer gets here.

TomMcC
01-26-21, 16:19
Perhaps outing an idiot that shouldn’t wear a badge because he’s an egomaniac and sociopath?

Or maybe he just got into a fight that morning with his wife and then took it out on this guy....who knows?

PracticalRifleman
01-26-21, 16:25
Or maybe he just got into a fight that morning with his wife and then took it out on this guy....who knows?

If getting into a fight with his wife causes him to behave this way on the job, he shouldn’t be in the profession.

officerX
01-26-21, 16:27
Cop won’t follow the rules he’s using lethal force to enforce?

F the cop. F anybody that supports this bullsh*t.

Lethal force? Did I watch the same video you did? I didn't see any lethal force.

TomMcC
01-26-21, 16:35
If getting into a fight with his wife causes him to behave this way on the job, he shouldn’t be in the profession.

He's a human being with flaws, he's not going react well sometimes. It doesn't excuse him, but it's one possible explanation. If he did this only one time would you still call him an egomaniac and sociopathy? I save those kinds of words for people like Nancy Pelosi and Adam Schiff.

PracticalRifleman
01-26-21, 16:36
Lethal force? Did I watch the same video you did? I didn't see any lethal force.

A taser has been lethal, albeit LESS-lethal. But being tased has proven lethal in many cases.

PracticalRifleman
01-26-21, 16:37
He's a human being with flaws, he's not going react well sometimes. It doesn't excuse him, but it's one possible explanation. If he did this only one time would you still call him an egomaniac and sociopathy? I save those kinds of words for people like Nancy Pelosi and Adam Schiff.

Well, he’s there doing their bidding [emoji23]

Police cannot be permitted to act in such ways, even on their bad days.

Averageman
01-26-21, 16:43
Somebody needs a vacation.
Honestly, is that the guy you need to roust? Btw, what if he has a disability and can't wear a mask? AWD act this guy's behavior, get an Attorney and cash in.

TomMcC
01-26-21, 16:47

And cops in California will, for the most part, enforce all the draconian gun laws I have to live with. They'll do and have been doing the Dem's dirty work on that front for a long time. Remove one 1/2" by 3/8" piece of metal from one of my AR's and they could saddle me with a felony and throw me in jail for a couple years. Do I think the vast majority of cops here would do that? In a heart beat. That's why unless I know the cop personally, know he's a gun guy, and know he'd cut a guy like me some slack, I never call cops my friend. They work for the state.

officerX
01-26-21, 16:48
A taser has been lethal, albeit LESS-lethal. But being tased has proven lethal in many cases.

A taser is NOT classified as lethal force.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TomMcC
01-26-21, 16:51

Actually here in California (at least) it's considered "less" lethal, but still lethal.

AndyLate
01-26-21, 16:52

Its not a popular position, but my thinking mirrors yours.

Cop was wrong, period, however.

Andy

titsonritz
01-26-21, 17:27
Power tripping pig and they wonder why people are screaming to defund them. I'm glad the cops I hang out with aren't like this asshole.

SteyrAUG
01-26-21, 17:31

Just saved me a LOT of typing including "Not the hill I want to die on" which is sorta scary.

PracticalRifleman
01-26-21, 17:33

In many, if not most, it is “less lethal”, including the state of Texas.

officerX
01-26-21, 17:36
Actually here in California (at least) it's considered "less" lethal, but still lethal.

Lots of things can be lethal, but that doesn’t mean they’re classified as lethal force. Less lethal means less THAN lethal.

PracticalRifleman
01-26-21, 17:42
And cops in California will, for the most part, enforce all the draconian gun laws I have to live with. They'll do and have been doing the Dem's dirty work on that front for a long time. Remove one 1/2" by 3/8" piece of metal from one of my AR's and they could saddle me with a felony and throw me in jail for a couple years. Do I think the vast majority of cops here would do that? In a heart beat. That's why unless I know the cop personally, know he's a gun guy, and know he'd cut a guy like me some slack, I never call cops my friend. They work for the state.

Smart man, you are.

vicious_cb
01-26-21, 17:56
Lots of things can be lethal, but that doesn’t mean they’re classified as lethal force. Less lethal means less THAN lethal.

Keep talking about ROE this and non-lethal that. Arm-chair quaterbacking BS is why we are in the situation we are in. All it does is excuse bad behavior ie.shooting an unarmed VETERAN in the capitol.

This is same old trick of using the virus to abuse power except it was on the individual level instead of a national level. These cops are no better than those in congress in trampling peoples rights.

lowprone
01-26-21, 18:01
Trending incidents like this indicate this will not end well, not spiraling out of control yet , but trending that way.

Renegade
01-26-21, 18:02
Gotta love the threads, "Would cops enforce unconstitutional gun laws"......

PracticalRifleman
01-26-21, 18:05
Gotta love the threads, "Would cops enforce unconstitutional gun laws"......

They do every day. How is that even a question today.

vicious_cb
01-26-21, 18:09

But...but back the blue?

Literally thousands of examples over the years and pretty much the majority of gun board members like to wave the Thin Blue Line flag like its cool.

A small minority of gun owners are on gun boards.

A small minority of cops are gun guys.

I dont see how this hard to understand.

jsbhike
01-26-21, 18:09

Excellent point!

PracticalRifleman
01-26-21, 18:12
But...but back the blue?

Literally thousands of examples over the years and pretty much the majority of gun board members like to wave the Thin Blue Line flag like its cool.

A small minority of gun owners are on gun boards.

A small minority of cops are gun guys.

I dont see how this hard to understand.

This begs the question, so we want beat cops to be the arbiter of which laws are constitutional and enforceable? Or should we be doing a better job of electing legislators and then holding them accountable?

Where is the fine line to be drawn? Personally, I think possession crimes should be outlawed. If there is no victim, there should be no crime.

officerX
01-26-21, 18:16
Keep talking about ROE this and non-lethal that. Arm-chair quaterbacking BS is why we are in the situation we are in. All it does is excuse bad behavior ie.shooting an unarmed VETERAN in the capitol.

This is same old trick of using the virus to abuse power except it was on the individual level instead of a national level. These cops are no better than those in congress in trampling peoples rights.

Chill out man. I’m not defending the cop at all; he definitely escalated the situation. I’m only speaking toward the comment of him using lethal force, which he did not.

vicious_cb
01-26-21, 18:31
Chill out man. I’m not defending the cop at all; he definitely escalated the situation. I’m only speaking toward the comment of him using lethal force, which he did not.

Im just trying to say what we've been doing doesnt work. The lie travels half way around the world before the truth even puts its shoes on.

You want things to change then start appealing to emotions rather than logic. A few months of outrage about Fentanyl Floyd accomplished more institutional change in a few months than years of attempted reforms.

Who gives a sh*t about justification or use of force protocol, if a cop violates an individuals rights then he should be dragged through the mud and book thrown at him as an example for others not to do the same.

vicious_cb
01-26-21, 18:36
This begs the question, so we want beat cops to be the arbiter of which laws are constitutional and enforceable? Or should we be doing a better job of electing legislators and then holding them accountable?

Where is the fine line to be drawn? Personally, I think possession crimes should be outlawed. If there is no victim, there should be no crime.

Your average cop isnt smart enough to have a JD in constitutional law and elected officials are easily corrupted. The first step would getting rid of police unions who let bad cops keep their job. Making cops subject to the same use of force laws as civilians would go a long way in either giving civilians back the rights to protect themselves and increasing the threshold of use of force against civilians. If a cop knew he would be held to same accountability as a civilian do you think he would think twice about burning down an unarmed kid in hallway? What message do you think it would send to LE if you shot an unarmed woman through the neck you get a murder 2 charge.

Just like a government should fear the people they govern the police should have an equal fear of the people they police.

Voodoochild
01-26-21, 18:47
Keep it civil and not off the wall conspiracy or I'll terminate this thread.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-26-21, 21:17

Keep it civil and not off the wall conspiracy or I'll terminate this thread.

Talk about lethal.... ;)

Anyways...

No one else is going to address the fact that the cop said clearly ‘raise your hand’... I would have Kevin Kline’d that for a bit.

I’d say that cop needs some de-escalation training, but he never escalated, he came in hot. MASKS, Frick’n’ Officer Karen...

Averageman
01-26-21, 22:04
I've wondered how I would deal with this, I imagine not very well.
Wearing a mask is very difficult. I've had three different surgeries so that I can again ( barely) breath through my nose, putting a mask on negativity effects that surgery pretty heavily.
People who have confronted me on it, usually understand that, but some want you to just stfu and put a mask on.
That Cop wanted immediate unquestioning compliance. That man though armed represented no threat to that Officer.
I understand people have bad days, but that's no excuse for his behaviors.
As I sit here thinking about it,I certainly don't want him dealing with the public.

TomMcC
01-26-21, 23:17
You ever see an episode of COPS? You can always tell which guy is taking the ride. He's the one with no shirt, almost always lit up a bit, and he's talking, talking some more...and then he talks himself right into jail.

IDK, if the cop can't seem to deescalate, maybe we need to try to. Seems to me to be better than getting tuned up, or jail, or tased, or shot.

AndyLate
01-26-21, 23:22
I assume someone called the police to report him. As soon as the words "You need to step outside and get one" left his mouth, I would have been outside, in my car and gone. It appears that is what the officer wanted and I don't have time for that BS.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-26-21, 23:50
So, since this is months old, what happened? Obviously, the perp is dead from COVID due to not respecting the mask, but what did he get charged with?

kerplode
01-26-21, 23:53
what did he get charged with?

A ****ing taser...

THCDDM4
01-27-21, 00:11
Seeing things for what they are can be tough sometimes.

Some truths to realize and adjust your reality to:

The last vestige of justice is dead and the rule of law is dead.

Cops are not your friend and you should spend as little time in their presence as possible.

Masks don’t do shit. Properly fit test an N95 with a face shield and we can talk, but what’s being done now is beyond laughable and pure lunacy.

There’s a reason people don’t say “this is a free country”, anymore.

The Coof is real, however it’s been weaponized for control and that aspect of this virus is much more dangerous than anything else about it.

I’m at a loss- those of you who say the cop was in the wrong- yet the guy should have just gone along with it and stfu, followed commands, just done what he was told, etc.

What? Seriously?

Where are we at when this is the mentality of supposed “free men”?

It’s disturbing where we are at and it’s not getting better.

It’s not only the right thing to do, but an obligation to fight tyranny in every form.

The forces of tyranny expand inexorably to fill the space made available for their existence.

Too much space is given to be filled.

It’s truly disgusting to see what we’ve become in reaction to a bad cold. Sickening.

SteyrAUG
01-27-21, 00:37
You ever see an episode of COPS? You can always tell which guy is taking the ride. He's the one with no shirt, almost always lit up a bit, and he's talking, talking some more...and then he talks himself right into jail.

IDK, if the cop can't seem to deescalate, maybe we need to try to. Seems to me to be better than getting tuned up, or jail, or tased, or shot.

A wise person once told me, you aren't going to win with a cop on the side of the road...even if you are actually right.

TomMcC
01-27-21, 00:53
Seeing things for what they are can be tough sometimes.

Some truths to realize and adjust your reality to:

The last vestige of justice is dead and the rule of law is dead.

Cops are not your friend and you should spend as little time in their presence as possible.

Masks don’t do shit. Properly fit test an N95 with a face shield and we can talk, but what’s being done now is beyond laughable and pure lunacy.

There’s a reason people don’t say “this is a free country”, anymore.

The Coof is real, however it’s been weaponized for control and that aspect of this virus is much more dangerous than anything else about it.

I’m at a loss- those of you who say the cop was in the wrong- yet the guy should have just gone along with it and stfu, followed commands, just done what he was told, etc.

What? Seriously?

Where are we at when this is the mentality of supposed “free men”?

It’s disturbing where we are at and it’s not getting better.

It’s not only the right thing to do, but an obligation to fight tyranny in every form.

The forces of tyranny expand inexorably to fill the space made available for their existence.

Too much space is given to be filled.

It’s truly disgusting to see what we’ve become in reaction to a bad cold. Sickening.

If he didn't go along with just leaving, what do you suggest he do?

CoryCop25
01-27-21, 04:41
Ok, I''l bite....

1. Cop was a Di*k. There's way better ways to approach this situation.

2. The cop didn't just show up there so what caused someone to call the police on the guy?

3. The guy was armed with a pistol, not complying to officer's instructions (rude instructions) and breaking the law (no matter how ridiculous the law was)

4. The city ordinance that a mask is required is stupid but it's a law that was created by the local government, like it or not.

5. If a hot head cop walks in, approaches you in a hot head manner and you decide to argue with said hot head cop, while armed with a pistol, you're probably not going to come out on top at least in that skirmish of the battle you decided to enter into.

We don't have any laws here about mask wearing. The shops have signs requiring masks before entry. I haven't heard of any shops refusing service around here for no mask but if they do and the customer doesn't comply, they can have them removed by police for defiant trespass.
Police, especially ones who are like minded individuals like us, are between a rock and a hard place. I personally don't believe in the mask crap and I basically only wear a mask where I know I would be denied entry otherwise. Luckily, I know that I won't be put in this situation where I work so I feel for other officers that have to enforce laws that they don't believe in.

Arik
01-27-21, 06:30

IDK, if the cop can't seem to deescalate, maybe we need to try to. Seems to me to be better than getting tuned up, or jail, or tased, or shot.I would say that looking at how cops work through the eye of an edited show is a very narrow view. It's going to be a boring show if all they showed were people being calmed down. Also I'm pretty sure they go to areas where shit is bound to happen.

AndyLate
01-27-21, 07:28
Perhaps we should all just pepper spray the mask nazis like the Portland mayor.

Andy

themonk
01-27-21, 07:40
He's a Farva. Needs to find a new job as a rent a cop.

PracticalRifleman
01-27-21, 08:10
Ok, I''l bite....

1. Cop was a Di*k. There's way better ways to approach this situation.

2. The cop didn't just show up there so what caused someone to call the police on the guy?

3. The guy was armed with a pistol, not complying to officer's instructions (rude instructions) and breaking the law (no matter how ridiculous the law was)

4. The city ordinance that a mask is required is stupid but it's a law that was created by the local government, like it or not.

5. If a hot head cop walks in, approaches you in a hot head manner and you decide to argue with said hot head cop, while armed with a pistol, you're probably not going to come out on top at least in that skirmish of the battle you decided to enter into.

We don't have any laws here about mask wearing. The shops have signs requiring masks before entry. I haven't heard of any shops refusing service around here for no mask but if they do and the customer doesn't comply, they can have them removed by police for defiant trespass.
Police, especially ones who are like minded individuals like us, are between a rock and a hard place. I personally don't believe in the mask crap and I basically only wear a mask where I know I would be denied entry otherwise. Luckily, I know that I won't be put in this situation where I work so I feel for other officers that have to enforce laws that they don't believe in.

I doubt there was a law requiring masks. More likely an ordinance, and likely in Texas, said ordinance had little teeth. They passed an ordinance here in this county (governor said that such mandates violated the Federal and state constitution) and at the onset a few officers got a little...ready to jump the gun. A friend of mine saw an officer threaten somebody in a parking lot at the gas station a few blocks from my house.

The next day I stopped in the same gas station to fill up my truck. A cop that was sitting in the parking lot (I don’t know why), got out of the SUV and walked 3/4 of the way to the pump, I’m assuming to give me grief for not wearing the “mandated” mask. I suppose he saw that I was wearing my work clothes and had my badge on, and decided not to confront me. He turned around and got back into his SUV. I called the sheriff, who I served on a committee with for over a decade, the next day. It was reiterated that deputies weren’t supposed to be behaving in such a way.

TAZ
01-27-21, 09:44
Not sure about the outdoor part. But here in Austin the ordinance specifically exempts you from wearing a mask outdoors unless you’re in a crowd. Alone at a gas station is not a crowd AFAIK.

The cop in the store is an asshat and liability that needs to be dealt with. Retrain or fire imo.

Maybe he was auditioning for a federal gig.

Averageman
01-27-21, 09:52
The next day I stopped in the same gas station to fill up my truck. A cop that was sitting in the parking lot (I don’t know why), got out of the SUV and walked 3/4 of the way to the pump, I’m assuming to give me grief for not wearing the “mandated” mask. I suppose he saw that I was wearing my work clothes and had my badge on, and decided not to confront me. He turned around and got back into his SUV. I called the sheriff, who I served on a committee with for over a decade, the next day. It was reiterated that deputies weren’t supposed to be behaving in such a way.

I appreciate you doing that, it is excruciatingly painful that people don't "Get It". It is only when someone "In Authority" doesn't get it, yet enforces "It" right or wrong.

Dr. Bullseye
01-27-21, 13:02
When I was young it was hard to get on a police force. You had to be 6 ft. tall (a man) and had to pass several physical and psychological tests. Further, current policemen had to think you had the right stuff to be a policeman. I don't have the right stuff and knew it all my life. Unfortunately, there are many, many people now who also do not have the right stuff but do not know it and are on the police force. This cop is one of those.

Averageman
01-27-21, 13:16
When I was young it was hard to get on a police force. You had to be 6 ft. tall (a man) and had to pass several physical and psychological tests. Further, current policemen had to think you had the right stuff to be a policeman. I don't have the right stuff and knew it all my life. Unfortunately, there are many, many people now who also do not have the right stuff but do not know it and are on the police force. This cop is one of those.

I actually considered it before joining the Military. A retired Cop talked me out of it, straight up told me I didn't have the temperament for it after talking about it for a while.
I've got law enforcement on both sides of my Family. My Brother retired at E-8 and is now a Deputy Sherriff. I have no idea how he does it, except than guy could sell freezer to Inuit's.

ChattanoogaPhil
01-27-21, 13:28

Some humans are more flawed than others, and some jobs require those with fewer flaws.

An officer so flawed as to behave as he did, just once, should not be in uniform. Simply isn't worthy of the power entrusted to law enforcement officers.

Arik
01-27-21, 13:53
When I was young it was hard to get on a police force. You had to be 6 ft. tall (a man) .

Lol what? Dumbest thing I've heard all day

Arik
01-27-21, 14:13
MSNBC just said to wear 3 mask! [emoji40][emoji40][emoji40]

Whiskey_Bravo
01-27-21, 14:24
MSNBC just said to wear 3 mask! [emoji40][emoji40][emoji40]

PUT ON YOUR 3rd MASK NOW OR YOU GET TASED

TomMcC
01-27-21, 15:41
Some humans are more flawed than others, and some jobs require those with fewer flaws.

An officer so flawed as to behave as he did, just once, should not be in uniform. Simply isn't worthy of the power entrusted to law enforcement officers.

I'm honestly trying to figure out what's acceptable and not when it comes to police behavior. I know the video is not showing good behavior, but did what he did break police procedure and would other cops approve? Is that the kind of stuff that get a cop in trouble? Or would a cop say someone like me doesn't know enough to really make a call? Is the distance between us and them and what's proper widening to the point where there is no agreement?

themonk
01-27-21, 16:06
I'm honestly trying to figure out what's acceptable and not when it comes to police behavior. I know the video is not showing good behavior, but did what he did break police procedure and would other cops approve? Is that the kind of stuff that get a cop in trouble? Or would a cop say someone like me doesn't know enough to really make a call? Is the distance between us and them and what's proper widening to the point where there is no agreement?

I think cops in general should try to do no harm. There really was not an issue till the cop made it an issue. The name of the game going forward in my book is proper training that as tax payers we need to pony up for (most cops get very little training and continued education) and deescalation. There was absolutely no deescalation going on in that clip. Does the guy know the law, is he a danger to those around him? If not why dont you calmly ask him outside and educate him. If that doesn't work there are levels of contingencies.

At the end of the day the role of government in the United States is to protect our freedoms and our rights (I am not naive to the fact that we are so far from that goal and it may be impossible to get back to it but we need to start somewhere) and it should be the role of LEOs to help do that. If your rights are being infringed it is the role of Police to intervene and resolve the issue at hand. Most of the time that can be done with deescalation and education. When it can't, than officer should be properly trained to use the tools he/she has at their disposal to resolve the issue including but not limited to deadly force.

ChattanoogaPhil
01-27-21, 16:13

I doubt any law enforcement officer would come forward and say that's what they'd do in the same situation, but let's ask. Any LEOs here?

TomMcC
01-27-21, 16:31
It'd be nice to hear their input or did some cops already react and I just don't remember who are cops here?

jsbhike
01-27-21, 17:57
When I was young it was hard to get on a police force. You had to be 6 ft. tall (a man) .

Lol what? Dumbest thing I've heard all day

Height requirements used to be a thing in some places.

jsbhike
01-27-21, 17:59
A wise person once told me, you aren't going to win with a cop on the side of the road...even if you are actually right.

The catch is in many(maybe most?) areas the victim won't win in court either since the system in those areas won't allow the perpetrator to actually lose.

PracticalRifleman
01-27-21, 19:30

When cops say the rest of the public doesn’t get a call, they are no longer serving the public.

ETA I showed this to my LE wife and she was appalled.

TomMcC
01-27-21, 19:47
When cops say the rest of the public doesn’t get a call, they are no longer serving the public.

ETA I showed this to my LE wife and she was appalled.

I get what you're saying, the public has a say in how the police do their biz. It's just that the people representing the public are part of the whole power/elitist structure, quasi disconnected from the everyday Joes. I doubt cops in general could care any less about what one individual guy named Tom thinks about their comings and goings and how they do their job.

Black_Sheep
01-27-21, 20:21
Does the guy know the law, is he a danger to those around him? If not why dont you calmly ask him outside and educate him. If that doesn't work there are levels of contingencies.

It's easy to be an armchair quarterback, but you are spot on with your assessment. If the officer had asked him to step outside and calmly explained that re-entering the store without a mask would result in a trespass citation, all of the drama could have potentially been avoided.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-28-21, 11:53
“Am I being detained?”.

“Uh, yes.”.

Not the answer he was looking for...

titsonritz
01-28-21, 20:57
No mask guy is a paramedic with his own body cam, files formal complaint prompting an internal review (whatever that means). Here is the video from the other direction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40sXSTA98ro&feature=emb_title

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-28-21, 22:50
The cop is wearing a gaiter, which here in CO is not compliant for the mask mandate, IIRC.

Honu
01-28-21, 23:35
Waco must be of the most messed up place in Texas to live every time I hear insane stuff in Texas it seems to be from Waco

Whiskey_Bravo
01-29-21, 00:10
Waco must be of the most messed up place in Texas to live every time I hear insane stuff in Texas it seems to be from Waco

Other than the part of town right around Baylor and a little bit of the gentrified downtown it is a shit hole.

Averageman
01-29-21, 07:59

Yeah, they pile it high and thick in Waco. Pretty much unaccountable there and this behavior pretty common.
Also, drive through on a motorcycle is asking for a ticket.

ChattanoogaPhil
01-29-21, 09:32
So... the man has already left the store, allowed himself to be disarmed, standing still with hands above his head and not talking, all while the officer is screaming that he's 'dumb' blah blah blah. Officer then calls dispatch and says "he's still uncooperative". Still uncooperative?

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1353565799693377537

PracticalRifleman
01-29-21, 10:10
So... the man has already left the store, allowed himself to be disarmed, standing still with hands above his head and not talking, all while the officer is screaming that he's 'dumb' blah blah blah. Officer then calls dispatch and says "he's still uncooperative". Still uncooperative?

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1353565799693377537

That officer is a POS and obviously a liar.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
01-29-21, 10:17
We cops are really shooting ourselves in the feet here.

Mask mandate BS is something I refuse to enforce. Trespass is something I will enforce. But there are ways to go about that while still keeping the public trust. I've been a cop for a decade now, and if there is one thing that ALMOST always works, it is being polite/respectful/and saying please & thank you, especially when you are talking to a-holes. I don't care if this cop "had a bad day", one bad day can ruin someone else's life. You get paid to be a shining example of lawfulness and decency, if you cannot manage that then there is surely another path waiting for you.

Good morning sir, I'm Officer Waco from the Waco PD, how are you today? Hey man, I received a call from the store manager about a man not wearing his mask. I'm not here to debate the efficiency or politics of this whole mask situation, although I'm sure you and I probably have similar feelings on this whole thing. Look, I cannot control what a private business does, but when they ask you to leave, the law says you have to vacate the premises. Can you do me a favor, so we can both move on with our day, and step outside please?

If that doesn't work, we can now give him a lawful order to exit, and if that doesn't work, obviously an arrest with appropriate force will need to be made.

There's no excuse for this specific situation playing out EXACTLY like this. I've worked the streets after a fight with my wife, while my kids have been sick, while I've been sick, while my family in another state had a funeral for my cousin who had committed suicide, during the riots and vitriol, etc etc etc. These things weigh on your mind, but you can't allow them to influence your decisions. I would find it unacceptable for my waitress to treat me like this, bad day or not. I make the conscious decision to be the officer that I would want to have responding to my emergency, or even the officer I would want arresting me if I needed to go to jail.

On tuesday night I rescued the sweetest little boy, naked and freezing, from the most hellacious living situation I have ever witnessed. I cried on the phone with my wife afterwards because it hit me so hard. Immediately after, I had to go contact people on all sorts of calls all night. It would be easy to let that situation effect me all night, but I had to bottle those emotions and move on so I could continue to treat people decently.

As for this officer, were I the Waco PD Chief, I would terminate him and release a public apology, ensuring that any of my officers who treat people like shit be terminated.

THCDDM4
01-29-21, 11:06
If he didn't go along with just leaving, what do you suggest he do?

I actually think the guy did a good job of being a little mouthy and making his point to an asshat cop without crossing the line into dangerous or idiot territory.

He complied with a bit of safe and well intentioned resistance peppered in, if the cop was going by the golden rule, he got a little of his own treatment back at him- and that’s a good thing.

Cop could’ve done this the right way and not been a prick, bet the guy would’ve acted accordingly and from his interview that’s exactly his point of view- but the Agro cop chose to be douchey And escalated things at every chance he could.

Playing stupid games wins you stupid prizes cuts both ways.

THCDDM4
01-29-21, 11:07

Mask mandate BS is something I refuse to enforce. Trespass is something I will enforce. But there are ways to go about that while still keeping the public trust. I've been a cop for a decade now, and if there is one thing that ALMOST always works, it is being polite/respectful/and saying please & thank you, especially when you are talking to a-holes. I don't care if this cop "had a bad day", one bad day can ruin someone else's life. You get paid to be a shining example of lawfulness and decency, if you cannot manage that then there is surely another path waiting for you.

Good morning sir, I'm Officer Waco from the Waco PD, how are you today? Hey man, I received a call from the store manager about a man not wearing his mask. I'm not here to debate the efficiency or politics of this whole mask situation, although I'm sure you and I probably have similar feelings on this whole thing. Look, I cannot control what a private business does, but when they ask you to leave, the law says you have to vacate the premises. Can you do me a favor, so we can both move on with our day, and step outside please?

If that doesn't work, we can now give him a lawful order to exit, and if that doesn't work, obviously an arrest with appropriate force will need to be made.

There's no excuse for this specific situation playing out EXACTLY like this. I've worked the streets after a fight with my wife, while my kids have been sick, while I've been sick, while my family in another state had a funeral for my cousin who had committed suicide, during the riots and vitriol, etc etc etc. These things weigh on your mind, but you can't allow them to influence your decisions. I would find it unacceptable for my waitress to treat me like this, bad day or not. I make the conscious decision to be the officer that I would want to have responding to my emergency, or even the officer I would want arresting me if I needed to go to jail.

On tuesday night I rescued the sweetest little boy, naked and freezing, from the most hellacious living situation I have ever witnessed. I cried on the phone with my wife afterwards because it hit me so hard. Immediately after, I had to go contact people on all sorts of calls all night. It would be easy to let that situation effect me all night, but I had to bottle those emotions and move on so I could continue to treat people decently.

As for this officer, were I the Waco PD Chief, I would terminate him and release a public apology, ensuring that any of my officers who treat people like shit be terminated.

Thank you, sir ! Both for this statement and helping that poor boy!

TomMcC
01-29-21, 11:27
I actually think the guy did a good job of being a little mouthy and making his point to an asshat cop without crossing the line into dangerous or idiot territory.

He complied with a bit of safe and well intentioned resistance peppered in, if the cop was going by the golden rule, he got a little of his own treatment back at him- and that’s a good thing.

Cop could’ve done this the right way and not been a prick, bet the guy would’ve acted accordingly and from his interview that’s exactly his point of view- but the Agro cop chose to be douchey And escalated things at every chance he could.

Playing stupid games wins you stupid prizes cuts both ways.

You should reread your previous post from the "The Coof is real" down. Whether the cop is in the wrong isn't really disputed. The problem is what is a person to do when dealing with an out of control cop. How far are you willing to go to live as a "free man" in that situation? You willing to ultimately draw your pistol on that cop in that situation to live as a "free man"? Or is trying to deescalate and walk away an affront to freedom?

okie
01-29-21, 13:13
Don't worry, though, they're really on our side, and even though they gleefully enforce a multitude of immoral and unconstitutional laws...including gun laws...I've been assured by everyone that they're going to hand in their badges and join our side if just one more gun law passes.:rolleyes:

Time to wake the **** up people.

TomMcC
01-29-21, 13:23
Don't worry, though, they're really on our side, and even though they gleefully enforce a multitude of immoral and unconstitutional laws...including gun laws...I've been assured by everyone that they're going to hand in their badges and join our side if just one more gun law passes.:rolleyes:

Time to wake the **** up people.

I'm thinking the cops on this board probably wouldn't and are on the conservative side. Most cops here in Calif not so much although I've known cops here, all recently retired, who most probably wouldn't.

titsonritz
01-29-21, 13:31

That's because they are misspelling 'Wacko'.

titsonritz
01-29-21, 13:34

Respect, and thank you.

okie
01-29-21, 13:46
I'm thinking the cops on this board probably wouldn't and are on the conservative side. Most cops here in Calif not so much although I've known cops here, all recently retired, who most probably wouldn't.

Dude they've gone along with everything thus far, what's it to them if Biden's bill passes? As long as scotus rubber stamps it they'll be like, Welp, guys, guess it's constitutional, let's go kick in some doors.

TomMcC
01-29-21, 14:15
Dude they've gone along with everything thus far, what's it to them if Biden's bill passes? As long as scotus rubber stamps it they'll be like, Welp, guys, guess it's constitutional, let's go kick in some doors.

I understand most cops would do that, but would you include the cops here that seem to be not of the same mind like Lowspeed Highdrag, PracticalRifleman, or CoryCop25 (sp?)? Just want to make sure we don't throw every cop under the bus if we don't have to.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
01-29-21, 14:40
i'M cOmInG fOr yOuR gUnS oKiE

Is that what you wanted to hear

PracticalRifleman
01-29-21, 14:59

I’m in the Midwest. Some officers are salt of the earth....honestly most. Some are rotten tomatoes.

The day my grandma died, one pulled me over for driving 2 mph over the speed limit, then demanded to search my vehicle. He detained me for nearly an hour until I just got up and walked back to my truck and left with him yelling at me to get back.

okie
01-29-21, 15:11
I understand most cops would do that, but would you include the cops here that seem to be not of the same mind like Lowspeed Highdrag, PracticalRifleman, or CoryCop25 (sp?)? Just want to make sure we don't throw every cop under the bus if we don't have to.

I don't even know their screen names, much less them personally, so how could I possibly say? Is someone on this forum part of the 0.001% of cops nationwide who might turn in his badge because shit went too far? Possibly.

And even if such an animal exists, much less on this forum, what does it change???

Both sides of this debate talk big games. You guys say, This is my line in the sand, I'm not turning them in. And the cops say, This is my line in the sand, I'm handing in my badge to go fight the good fight alongside the patriots.

In the end, neither one happens. 99.99% of people hand them in, and 99.99% of cops are there to take them.

And the cop who refused to confiscate them? Well, he was probably eligible for retirement anyways, or maybe found another job doing something easier for more pay. I've met I don't even know how many cops who "quit" because it was their constitutional duty to do so, who are drawing their full retirements.

And the dude who refused to turn them in? Well, he was batshit crazy and ineligible to own firearms under federal law anyways. And the last stand he makes in his basement probably has more to do with the meth than his gun rights, though he might play that card to gain some sympathy.

The truth is that 99.99% of people have something to lose, and they can't afford to get fired or go to jail.

okie
01-29-21, 15:16
i'M cOmInG fOr yOuR gUnS oKiE

Is that what you wanted to hear

Yea. Proly. And I'll be there with bells on to hand them in and thank you for your service. Know why? Because we both like eating food, sleeping in warm beds, and not being in prison. You like not living in a cardboard box, so you do whatever your boss tells you, and I like not being in prison, so I don't put up a fight.

TomMcC
01-29-21, 16:02
I don't even know their screen names, much less them personally, so how could I possibly say? Is someone on this forum part of the 0.001% of cops nationwide who might turn in his badge because shit went too far? Possibly.

And even if such an animal exists, much less on this forum, what does it change???

Both sides of this debate talk big games. You guys say, This is my line in the sand, I'm not turning them in. And the cops say, This is my line in the sand, I'm handing in my badge to go fight the good fight alongside the patriots.

In the end, neither one happens. 99.99% of people hand them in, and 99.99% of cops are there to take them.

And the cop who refused to confiscate them? Well, he was probably eligible for retirement anyways, or maybe found another job doing something easier for more pay. I've met I don't even know how many cops who "quit" because it was their constitutional duty to do so, who are drawing their full retirements.

And the dude who refused to turn them in? Well, he was batshit crazy and ineligible to own firearms under federal law anyways. And the last stand he makes in his basement probably has more to do with the meth than his gun rights, though he might play that card to gain some sympathy.

The truth is that 99.99% of people have something to lose, and they can't afford to get fired or go to jail.

Scorched earth it is then at M4C.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-29-21, 16:15
No mention or question if he can’t wear a mask for medical reasons.

If the maskless guy were black, this would have made the national news.

Did the cop have to take a leak or something? He had decided to arrest this guy in under 20 seconds. How long did the cop screw around with that guy who is passed out drunk in the Wendy’s drive-through down in Atlanta? Like 20 minutes or something.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
01-29-21, 16:29
Scorched earth it is then at M4C.

Help me understand your comment here, as you've already mentioned me *by name* in a previous post. What do you mean by scorched earth?

TomMcC
01-29-21, 16:40
Help me understand your comment here, as you've already mentioned me *by name* in a previous post. What do you mean by scorched earth?

It seems to me from okie's post he's taking a scorched earth approach to the police and his relationship to them. Since you can't really tell the good cops from the bad, screw them all. And we're pretty much airing this out here on M4C. Of course I could be misunderstanding him

LowSpeed_HighDrag
01-29-21, 16:44
It seems to me from okie's post he's taking a scorched earth approach to the police and his relationship to them. Since you can't really tell the good cops from the bad, screw them all. And we're pretty much airing this out here on M4C. Of course I could be misunderstanding him

OK, I apologize for coming at you sideways then. I thought you were saying that in regards to me.

Okie is entitled to his opinion, and he's right, many cops will and do enforce current/future gun laws. He's misguided on lumping us all together, just as he's misguided on thinking we all blindly follow orders. What I love most about my job is that I have discretion to charge, and the only gun law I've ever seen enforced by myself or my partners is POWPO....

TomMcC
01-29-21, 16:58
OK, I apologize for coming at you sideways then. I thought you were saying that in regards to me.

Okie is entitled to his opinion, and he's right, many cops will and do enforce current/future gun laws. He's misguided on lumping us all together, just as he's misguided on thinking we all blindly follow orders. What I love most about my job is that I have discretion to charge, and the only gun law I've ever seen enforced by myself or my partners is POWPO....

No apology necessary, it just sounded like you wanted me to clarify. If only most cops were like you and your partners.

ChattanoogaPhil
01-29-21, 17:39
Below is the extended version from the body camera of the unmasked criminal. At the end, the officer extends his hand to shake which I thought was a felony violation of the Fauci code, not to mention the officer (and other responding officers) breaching the six foot social distancing viral ring of safety.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJwTC41nBfE

okie
01-29-21, 18:45

I have no relationship with them to begin with, nor do I harbor any ill will towards them.

I'm merely stating the facts. Cops aren't going to suddenly become diehard constitutionalists, just like you guys aren't going to become radicals.

If the hand them in order is given, they'll do it, and you'll comply. Because they like not being homeless, and you like not being in jail or worse.

okie
01-29-21, 18:48

So let's say you bust a marijuana dealer and he has an illegal weapon. Are you saying you would refuse to charge him?

Please note that I'm not criticizing you or trying to pick a fight.

PracticalRifleman
01-29-21, 18:51
So let's say you bust a marijuana dealer and he has an illegal weapon. Are you saying you would refuse to charge him?

Police arrest and investigate. Prosecutors charge, right?

Whiskey_Bravo
01-29-21, 18:52
Below is the extended version from the body camera of the unmasked criminal. At the end, the officer extends his hand to shake which I thought was a felony violation of the Fauci code, not to mention the officer (and other responding officers) breaching the six foot social distancing viral ring of safety.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJwTC41nBfE

"but I have to enforce it"....... FFS officer, no need to go straight to 100MPH and get so emotional , just enforce it without being an asshat. That handshake would have been a lot more genuine if he would have given the dude more than like 20 seconds before he drew his taser and went nuts with the "he is still not cooperating" bit.

I have a feeling the handshake and nicety had a lot to due with him realizing he had been recorded the entire time.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
01-29-21, 18:56

Not sure what kind of wierd semantic argument you want, but police investigate, then arrest, charge for warrantless arrests or request a warrant be filed. Police charge, prosecutors file official charges.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
01-29-21, 18:59

9/10, unless the firearm is used in the commission of a crime or possessed by a previous offender, there are no charges. I charged a cocaine dealer as a special offender as he led me on a pursuit, was in possession of cocaine with intent to distribute, had plate armor, and a loaded 6.8 AR. The special offender aspect was the loaded ar I'm connection with the aforementioned crimes, and I have no issue with that. I've put plenty of pistols into "safe keeping" for arrestees that were arrested on DUI/traffic etc and simply had their pistol with them at the time of arrest.

Do you like drug dealers being in possession of firearms while dealing?

SonOfAGunn
01-29-21, 19:23
Height requirements used to be a thing in some places.That's how it was in some places here in GA back in the day (fire dept). Kept most women off of the job. It wasn't 6' though.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

PracticalRifleman
01-29-21, 19:24
Not sure what kind of wierd semantic argument you want, but police investigate, then arrest, charge for warrantless arrests or request a warrant be filed. Police charge, prosecutors file official charges.

What I mean is that the police don’t have the final say so. The report is written and turned over to a prosecutor who determines what he can make a case on. If the gun is there, the cop would need to let the other charges go and not arrest.

okie
01-29-21, 19:26

This is why you have to ask these questions, people. Because these are the kinds of answers you're going to get.

okie
01-29-21, 19:29
9/10, unless the firearm is used in the commission of a crime or possessed by a previous offender, there are no charges. I charged a cocaine dealer as a special offender as he led me on a pursuit, was in possession of cocaine with intent to distribute, had plate armor, and a loaded 6.8 AR. The special offender aspect was the loaded ar I'm connection with the aforementioned crimes, and I have no issue with that. I've put plenty of pistols into "safe keeping" for arrestees that were arrested on DUI/traffic etc and simply had their pistol with them at the time of arrest.

Do you like drug dealers being in possession of firearms while dealing?

You basically just described about half of our founding fathers.:lol:

And today it's "drug" dealers, but what will it be tomorrow? Attending a pro Trump rally? Using the wrong pronoun?

LowSpeed_HighDrag
01-29-21, 19:43
Aaaaaand I'm done with this nonsense.

PracticalRifleman
01-29-21, 20:00
This is why you have to ask these questions, people. Because these are the kinds of answers you're going to get.

Did you miss the purpose behind such a question? Did you see my above comment?

okie
01-29-21, 21:20
Did you miss the purpose behind such a question? Did you see my above comment?

All I see are mental gymnastics. Like I said, man, I'm not coming after you or criticizing anyone here. All I ask for is that people be real.

PracticalRifleman
01-29-21, 21:21
All I see are mental gymnastics. Like I said, man, I'm not coming after you or criticizing anyone here. All I ask for is that people be real.

And what is more real than the fact that prosecutors file charges based on the evidence and what they can prove and convict in court, regardless of what the officers “charges”?

okie
01-29-21, 22:07
And what is more real than the fact that prosecutors file charges based on the evidence and what they can prove and convict in court, regardless of what the officers “charges”?

Bro, that old argument is as tainted as the water that washed Pilot's hands.

PracticalRifleman
01-29-21, 22:11
Bro, that old argument is as tainted as the water that washed Pilot's hands.

Yeah, ok. The po po is the only boogie man out there. Put all your eggs in that basket.

okie
01-29-21, 23:25
Yeah, ok. The po po is the only boogie man out there. Put all your eggs in that basket.

Did I say that? No I did not.

PracticalRifleman
01-30-21, 08:26
Did I say that? No I did not.

So you respond with snark when I suggest we look beyond what an individual officer does...

It’s a system, man. Politicians make laws. Officers enforce and investigate offenses. Prosecutors use the case to take it to the court where guilt is determined and punishment assigned.

We gotta start playing like the lefties and exhibit some sort of control and influence in all these institutions. We can’t simply stop at “some da po po bad”.

So if that attitude is worthy of your snark, you are a big part of the problem.

okie
01-30-21, 11:54
So you respond with snark when I suggest we look beyond what an individual officer does...

It’s a system, man. Politicians make laws. Officers enforce and investigate offenses. Prosecutors use the case to take it to the court where guilt is determined and punishment assigned.

We gotta start playing like the lefties and exhibit some sort of control and influence in all these institutions. We can’t simply stop at “some da po po bad”.

So if that attitude is worthy of your snark, you are a big part of the problem.

I have not been snarky to you in the least little bit.

PracticalRifleman
01-30-21, 12:01
I have not been snarky to you in the least little bit.

Then why not say what is “tainted” and why rather than make such similes? Isn’t that how discussions work?

okie
01-30-21, 12:12
Then why not say what is “tainted” and why rather than make such similes? Isn’t that how discussions work?

The analogy is obvious. You're "washing your hands" of personal responsibility by transferring it all to the prosecutor. It's a pretty disgusting argument, to be honest with you. For one thing, the rush to remove responsibility acknowledges that there are obvious ethical problems with the system, and you're trying to say that despite being part of the system you bear no personal responsibility because you're only following the directives of your superiors.

Again, I'm not accusing you of anything. But that argument is in fact tainted.

PracticalRifleman
01-30-21, 12:19
The analogy is obvious. You're "washing your hands" of personal responsibility by transferring it all to the prosecutor. It's a pretty disgusting argument, to be honest with you. For one thing, the rush to remove responsibility acknowledges that there are obvious ethical problems with the system, and you're trying to say that despite being part of the system you bear no personal responsibility because you're only following the directives of your superiors.

Therein lies the problem. I didn’t make such an argument.

At the end of the day responsibility is in individuals collectively. As I said, it is a chain of power which any single part of the system has an opportunity to step up and do the right thing. You can not unilaterally blame a single person for not doing what you’d have then do but not the next.

okie
01-30-21, 12:51
Therein lies the problem. I didn’t make such an argument.

At the end of the day responsibility is in individuals collectively. As I said, it is a chain of power which any single part of the system has an opportunity to step up and do the right thing. You can not unilaterally blame a single person for not doing what you’d have then do but not the next.

Nobody is saying the prosecutors, judges, and politicians aren't dirty, too.

PracticalRifleman
01-30-21, 14:28

We are in agreement then? You can stop the hostility.

jsbhike
01-30-21, 16:01

A good example of top to bottom corruption can be found in the details mentioned in the Ahmaud Arbery thread and the background info on how Glynn County, GA operates.

okie
01-30-21, 17:50

If you've interpreted anything I said as hostile then it's only because you're looking through lenses tinted by your own insecurity. Zero hostility here. Only honesty.

PracticalRifleman
01-30-21, 18:04
If you've interpreted anything I said as hostile then it's only because you're looking through lenses tinted by your own insecurity. Zero hostility here. Only honesty.

And the “honesty” was misinterpreting what I said; you put words in my mouth.

Reading comprehension is a thing.

okie
01-30-21, 18:22
And the “honesty” was misinterpreting what I said; you put words in my mouth.

Reading comprehension is a thing.

How did I put words in your mouth?

PracticalRifleman
01-30-21, 18:23
How did I put words in your mouth?

okie
01-30-21, 19:34

Then by all means please explain what you actually meant.

PracticalRifleman
01-30-21, 19:35
Then by all means please explain what you actually meant.

I already did. You assumed you knew what I meant and ran with it....

okie
01-30-21, 20:03
I already did. You assumed you knew what I meant and ran with it....

So you would have me believe that you were merely offering a critique of my choice of words?

PracticalRifleman
01-30-21, 20:04
So you would have me believe that you were merely offering a critique of my choice of words?

Maybe you need to go back and read this again...