PDA

View Full Version : Kimber's VP Anti-2nd Amendment

Red*Lion
01-27-21, 06:35
As one person posted in the comment section of the link. Kimber's VP is an elitist Fudd that does not believe that fellow citizens can safely possess firearms. How does a guy like this get to be VP of Kimber?

“Being pro-gun also means being pro-responsibility: We must oppose HB102”

“House Bill 102 does away with this kind of common sense. If enacted, people without any permit could carry concealed guns into bars and college campuses across our state. Of course the sponsors of the bill mandate that permits are required around their offices in Helena, but not for the rest of us. Safety is important, but I guess it’s only important for them. “

I know first hand that we need to minimize the likelihood of violence, not increase it. This spring my young son was attacked in Kalispell by armed “Second Amendment patriots” at a local peaceful demonstration. They used their guns to frighten and intimidate. I stepped in to defend my son and it slowly diffused, but the situation could have gone very wrong. I shudder to think what might have happened if alcohol or the emotion of late night college parties would have been involved.

I am among the many Montanans who own and appreciate guns, but I also know that citizens of our state understand we must also be advocates for responsibility. Montana boasts of a wonderful common sense and deep down all of us know that protecting our rights also means avoiding extremist policies that only increase the likelihood of bloodshed. Montana House Bill 102 will not make us safer. It is not a pro-gun bill. It is an anti-responsibility bill.

I believe strongly in the Second Amendment, I own plenty of guns, I shoot with my boys every chance I get and I believe in the right to protect my family. But I also believe in responsibility, safety, training and common sense. This bill is the equivalent of waving flames over open gasoline; the sort of action every ranch kid like me knows is reckless.”

http://thegunfeed.com/kimbers-vice-president-sides-with-the-anti-gunners/

Arik
01-27-21, 06:39
My understanding is he is the FORMER VP. Could be wrong though. Maybe someone knows more here?!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Red*Lion
01-27-21, 06:49
My understanding is he is the FORMER VP. Could be wrong though. Maybe someone knows more here?!

Kimber would be wise to make him the former VP if they have not yet canned him.

Circle_10
01-27-21, 07:03
What is the situation that led to his “young son” allegedly being “attacked” by armed 2A advocates?

While they are often shitty spokesmen for gun rights with their tone deaf or cringey demonstrations, these type of armed “patriot” protesters generally don’t just hassle random citizens for no reason. It makes me think the guy’s son was at the demonstration advocating for either gun control or some other statist/Marxist position. No evidence of this of course, I’m just kinda reading between the lines.

Twilk73
01-27-21, 07:08
The article states former vp. Retired last year. The guy doesn't understand that the second was created for the rich and the poor.

glocktogo
01-27-21, 09:49
The article states former vp. Retired last year. The guy doesn't understand that the second was created for the rich and the poor.

Yep, he positively reeks of elitism.

FYI, He's a "Group Leader" for the Sportsmen and "Sportswomen for Biden Committee" PAC. :rolleyes:

http://sportsmenandsportswomenforbiden.com/about-us/

ChattanoogaPhil
01-27-21, 09:52
Former Kimber FUDD VP, Busse, has a history of attacking the NRA for being too radial defending the 2A (cough cough) and generally toes the line of democrat 'common sense' gun control. Big Biden supporter and fancies himself as a conservationist. Kimber, who doesn't make evil black guns or double stack so-called "high capacity" handguns, was probably a good fit for a FUDD like Busse.

Other recent Busse comments:

“Biden and the Democrats are not going to take away your guns, period,” says Busse, who recently stepped down as vice president for sales at Kimber Firearms and serves on the national Sportsmen and Sportswomen for Biden committee. “The other side wants you to believe that guns are crosses—that they have that sort of deep religious significance. I love my guns, too, but I don’t for a minute think that they’d be taken away if Biden is elected.”

“I can’t believe the degree to which sportsmen are convinced to vote against their self-interests in this election,” says Busse. “It comes back to a divide we’ve been riding for decades: Would you rather have your guns, or would you rather have healthy habitat and accessible public lands where you can use your guns?”

More here: https://www.outdoorlife.com/story/hunting/the-most-important-election-for-sportsmen/

Whalstib
01-27-21, 10:09
This is what people don't understand!

Current "may issue" CCW permits are elitist/racist! Think about it! In "may issue" states the sheriff usually approves or not. Dollars to donuts his buddies get fast tracked. Clean cut white country club supporters get theirs. You have dark skin and perhaps sport a hip hop style, maybe even military vets who've been getting some bad press.... Back of the line... we'll call you!

The idea we're not all equal and deserve to protect ourselves and our families regardless of social class or standing is patently Un-American.

It's beyond a shame this side of the picture gets zero reportage in the otherwise bleeding heart for the minority left press.

Shows to go ya how the left is elitist/racist at heart. No doubt!

223to45
01-27-21, 10:53
He thinks by not having a permit, People will just carry everywhere.

Still trying to figure out how a permit has anything to do with that.

Arik
01-27-21, 11:35

Still trying to figure out how a permit has anything to do with that.I was thinking the same

ChattanoogaPhil
01-27-21, 11:41

Still trying to figure out how a permit has anything to do with that.

Busse is a FUDD propagandist. Things he whines about have no basis in reality. A dozen states have adopted Constitutional Carry. Doomsayer predictions of blood running in the streets have proven false. Tennessee passed "Guns in Bars" legislation over a decade ago. Hysterical predictions of drunken brawl shootouts have proven false. We also made it legal to have loaded handguns in the vehicle absent a carry permit. All the handwringing over road rage shootings and cops being gunned down during vehicle stops have proved false. Mindless chirping of 'common sense' gun control.

titsonritz
01-27-21, 16:18
Common sense isn't very common.

TomMcC
01-27-21, 16:29
Kimber must have been keeping this FUDD under wraps and quiet it seems or was he out there in public stabbing us in the back and we just didn't notice? I've never heard of the guy, don't remember ever seeing the guy's name mentioned in any of the gun press. AND if Kimber knew this guy was worse than Zumbo, why didn't they throw him under the bus head first? I'm thinking I never want a Kimber.

Vic79
01-27-21, 16:49
It appears Kimber has released a statement stating dipshit is no longer employed with them and they do not share/support dipshits ideas.

titsonritz
01-27-21, 17:46
What kind of gun company moves to New York?

ABNAK
01-27-21, 17:54
Former Kimber FUDD VP, Busse, has a history of attacking the NRA for being too radial defending the 2A (cough cough) and generally toes the line of democrat 'common sense' gun control. Big Biden supporter and fancies himself as a conservationist. Kimber, who doesn't make evil black guns or double stack so-called "high capacity" handguns, was probably a good fit for a FUDD like Busse.

Other recent Busse comments:

“Biden and the Democrats are not going to take away your guns, period,” says Busse, who recently stepped down as vice president for sales at Kimber Firearms and serves on the national Sportsmen and Sportswomen for Biden committee. “The other side wants you to believe that guns are crosses—that they have that sort of deep religious significance. I love my guns, too, but I don’t for a minute think that they’d be taken away if Biden is elected.”

“I can’t believe the degree to which sportsmen are convinced to vote against their self-interests in this election,” says Busse. “It comes back to a divide we’ve been riding for decades: Would you rather have your guns, or would you rather have healthy habitat and accessible public lands where you can use your guns?”

More here: https://www.outdoorlife.com/story/hunting/the-most-important-election-for-sportsmen/

I'd rather have my guns, PERIOD.

Next......

kaiservontexas
01-27-21, 18:42
That statement about would you rather made my head hurt, for how may we use firearms if we do not have firearms for said public land? And technically the sidewalk is public land; therefore, by his logic does he mean we may use our firearms on all public land? My head hurts. He was probably annoyed by Glock for all those years making a much better .45acp handgun like my Glock 30. �� (joking/I have no issues with any persons choice of firearms, as long as it works properly and reliably)

My head seriously hurts. That is a first, but maybe I am finally sick of it.

Grand58742
01-27-21, 18:46
I got an email from Kimber today basically disavowing this dude.

TROY, AL, January 27, 2021 — Kimber Mfg., Inc. has recently been made aware of opinion articles published respectively in the Sidney Herald (Sidney, Montana) entitled “Being Pro-Gun Also Means Being Pro-Responsibility” and in the Missoulian (Missoula, Montana) entitled “Being Pro-Gun Also Means Being Pro-Responsibility: We must oppose HB102”. The author of this article, Ryan Busse, is no longer an employee of Kimber and has not worked for Kimber since August of 2020. His statements and opinions expressed regarding the opposition of Montana House Bill 102 are not authorized by or attributable to Kimber.

“Kimber is a proud supporter of our Constitutional rights to keep and bear arms,” said Leslie Edelman, CEO and owner of Kimber. “We support organizations that defend these rights, and we are committed to providing the people of this great nation with the finest premium firearms available.”

TomMcC
01-27-21, 19:15

August isn't that long ago. What was Busse on the down low keeping his wretched views to himself. Never once allowing it to slip that he was really a FUDDmeister.

SteyrAUG
01-27-21, 21:58

And even with that a LOT of people are going to swear off Kimber. I know people who still won't buy a Ruger anything because of Bill Ruger. I hope this former VP realizes the incredible amount of damage he did to his former employer. That is a huge buddy f*ck. Kimber needs the CCW crowd (both those who have permits and those who aren't required) as their primary bread and butter, they aren't making Les Baer super match guns. Sometimes part of your job description needs to be "not stating your personal feelings for the record."

I have worked lots of jobs, I didn't always agree with my boss so I either 1. did my job and kept my trap shut or 2. found a different job.

ChattanoogaPhil
01-28-21, 09:38
Found this posted on Kimber forum. Just the pic, not a link to anything. Can't speak to it's authenticity, but it fits right in with other comments on his Twitter page: https://twitter.com/ryandbusse?lang=en

https://i.imgur.com/A4yCJky.png

Grand58742
01-28-21, 09:57
And even with that a LOT of people are going to swear off Kimber. I know people who still won't buy a Ruger anything because of Bill Ruger. I hope this former VP realizes the incredible amount of damage he did to his former employer. That is a huge buddy f*ck. Kimber needs the CCW crowd (both those who have permits and those who aren't required) as their primary bread and butter, they aren't making Les Baer super match guns. Sometimes part of your job description needs to be "not stating your personal feelings for the record."

I have worked lots of jobs, I didn't always agree with my boss so I either 1. did my job and kept my trap shut or 2. found a different job.

They had to do something.

I applaud Kimber for moving from their current anti-2A location to a more friendly location as others have done. If they move their employee base, I'd hope to hell they leave the politics that drove them away when they put the car in drive.

ChattanoogaPhil
01-28-21, 10:20
There's a lot of gun-owning FUDDs like Busse, particularly among those who fancy themselves as hunter/conservationists. One of the more notable is Jim Zumbo. He was the hunting editor for Outdoor Life and host of the television program Jim Zumbo Outdoors when he wrote this:

--------

“I must be living in a vacuum,” he wrote. “The guides on our hunt tell me that the use of AR (-15) and AK (-47) rifles have a rapidly growing following among hunters, especially prairie dog hunters. I had no clue. Only once in my life have I ever seen anyone using one of these firearms.

“I call them ‘assault’ rifles, which may upset some people. Excuse me, maybe I’m a traditionalist, but I see no place for these weapons among our hunting fraternity. I’ll go so far as to call them ‘terrorist’ rifles. To most of the public, an assault rifle is a terrifying thing. Let’s divorce ourselves from them. I say game departments should ban them from the prairies and woods.”

Arik
01-28-21, 11:09
There's a lot of gun-owning FUDDs like Busse who fancy themselves as conservationists. One of the more notable is Jim Zumbo. He was the hunting editor for Outdoor Life and host of the television program Jim Zumbo Outdoors when he wrote this:

--------

“I must be living in a vacuum,” he wrote. “The guides on our hunt tell me that the use of AR (-15) and AK (-47) rifles have a rapidly growing following among hunters, especially prairie dog hunters. I had no clue. Only once in my life have I ever seen anyone using one of these firearms.

“I call them ‘assault’ rifles, which may upset some people. Excuse me, maybe I’m a traditionalist, but I see no place for these weapons among our hunting fraternity. I’ll go so far as to call them ‘terrorist’ rifles. To most of the public, an assault rifle is a terrifying thing. Let’s divorce ourselves from them. I say game departments should ban them from the prairies and woods.”No different than his evil sniper rifles

SteyrAUG
01-28-21, 15:38
There's a lot of gun-owning FUDDs like Busse, particularly among those who fancy themselves as hunter/conservationists. One of the more notable is Jim Zumbo. He was the hunting editor for Outdoor Life and host of the television program Jim Zumbo Outdoors when he wrote this:

--------

“I call them ‘assault’ rifles, which may upset some people. Excuse me, maybe I’m a traditionalist, but I see no place for these weapons among our hunting fraternity. I’ll go so far as to call them ‘terrorist’ rifles. To most of the public, an assault rifle is a terrifying thing. Let’s divorce ourselves from them. I say game departments should ban them from the prairies and woods.”

But he did get Zumbo'ed and sang a different tune. I still remember that one.

yellowfin
01-28-21, 19:25
August isn't that long ago. What was Busse on the down low keeping his wretched views to himself. Never once allowing it to slip that he was really a FUDDmeister.

Kimber was until very recently in NY. Busse's opinions are actually common among gun owners there. Massive Stockholm syndrome. They're used to having the legal requirement of a hard to get license to even -- get this-- TOUCH a pistol. Not just carry, not even just own, but even pick one up off a table. Felony if you do without one. This has been the law in New York since 1911. They're so used to that they think it's how things should be, even gun club members and instructors. I had the displeasure of living there for over 2 years and I wanted to bitchslap every single f***ing one of them.

ChattanoogaPhil
01-28-21, 20:36

Remember Dick Metcalf's "Lets's Talk Limits"?

https://cdn0.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Lets-Talk-Limits-by-Dick-Metcalf-of-Guns-Ammo-December-2013.pdf

SteyrAUG
01-28-21, 22:27

https://cdn0.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Lets-Talk-Limits-by-Dick-Metcalf-of-Guns-Ammo-December-2013.pdf

Vaguely. I mostly remember Zumbo because I was on arfcom at the time, and say what you will about that forum, they stomped his ass hard to the point that he stated something to the effect that "obviously he needs more education about the platform, etc."

I also remember when Recoil magazine stepped on their penis with an article about the HK MP7 where the writer probably intended to say the firearm was "restricted to military and law enforcement only" but instead said something that sounded a lot like he supported the idea that certain firearms are only suitable for military and law enforcement.

One would think if your product is second amendment related you would be an absolutist. You certainly don't see the adult entertainment industry writing articles about "When is it too much nudity?"

Grand58742
01-31-21, 11:40
You certainly don't see the adult entertainment industry writing articles about "When is it too much nudity?"

Do they write articles anyway?

I mean, pictures are worth a thousand words or so the old saying goes.

Diamondback
01-31-21, 13:41

And Zumbo's stayed on path after Denny Hansen at SWAT and Ted Nugent staged their Intervention, IIRC... sometimes, for a variety of reasons but our inability to allow for redemption being among them, gun people are our own worst enemies. I suppose there are people here that would like to cancel ME because in '94 when I was in high school I was young and stupid and taken in by the propaganda for a few years, too... I'm grateful for having mentors who had the patience to show me the errors and BS hands-on.

The_War_Wagon
01-31-21, 15:09
The article states former vp. Retired last year.

I hope his pension just got reduced... and takes LONGER to hit his mailbox. :mad:

jsbhike
01-31-21, 22:52

Always informative about a person's mindset(Metcalf's) when human sacrifice is used as an example that they feel is the equivalent of possessing a firearm.

ChattanoogaPhil
02-01-21, 11:22
Always informative about a person's mindset(Metcalf's) when human sacrifice is used as an example that they feel is the equivalent of possessing a firearm.

That particular analogy Dick Metcalf hopelessly tried to make required a very low IQ.