PDA

View Full Version : Ranges and Good Gun Shops in NW Indiana

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-01-21, 10:31
Got a buddy in Crowne Point Indiana area that is coming from Illinoistan and is looking for a good range to belong to and gun store. Any suggestions? Is there a good AR gun store That stock, or usually stocks, ARs or lowers? Who has the lowest transfer fees if we need to go online to get stuff?

JediGuy
04-17-21, 05:54
Sorry, didn’t see this until now.

If he’s in Crown Point, he’s pretty close to the nicest indoor range around - Point Blank in Merrillville. I live in Highland, so that’s about a 25 min drive for me; should be 5-15 for him. If he gets a membership, he can reserve times, etc. Not a bad deal.
Also, there is Deb’s in Hammond. In a basement, looks like it is 60 years old, pistol/22 only. Usually very busy in my experience. 8 min from me, I usually don’t even try.

Point Blank also has a gun store. However, I like Blythe’s in Griffith (and Valparaiso) and South County Guns in Schererville. South County is my Class 3 dealer. Cabela’s in Hammond isn’t bad, and they have been getting some ammo restocks occasionally. If he wants celebrity Military Arms Channel’s very own Copper Custom is in Valparaiso; I’ve never been there, but they look to stock a lot according to YouTube.

If he is looking for cheap non-Class 3 transfers, I have a guy in Highland (very close to highway) that does them for $15. He works odd hours, but I’m never in a hurry so it works fine. We usually meet on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

signal4l
04-17-21, 09:52
Check out Copper Custom in Valparaiso. Best range/gun club is the North Porter County Conservation Club

FromMyColdDeadHand
05-26-21, 08:18
Thanks guys! Any beginning handgun classes, maybe with a CCW slant, in the area this year.

Kind of put things on hold as ammo was tight, but that seems to be loosening a bit. He’s shot a bit, but I really advocate real classes.

JediGuy
07-13-21, 21:38
InfinitySolutionsUSA.com is legit.

jwfuhrman
07-14-21, 07:53
Best range/gun club is the North Porter County Conservation Club

Agree 100%. Started going there when we got them to sign on with the Indiana Multigun Series back in I believe in 2014. I've since stopped being involved with anything competitive shooting wise as the shotgun portion of 3gun killed the sport for me. Myself and 2 others started the INMG in 2012.

JediGuy
07-15-21, 22:18
Best range/gun club is the North Porter County Conservation Club

If only membership opened up

Boy Scout
07-22-21, 15:56
Fellow Hoosier here, down in Napghanistan. Just saying howdy.