PDA

View Full Version : Bootleg BCG Colt Upper Receiver Wear Issue

mdrums
02-02-21, 20:33
Hi, I bought a Bootleg BCG a while ago...like years ago and never used it until this weekend when I put a DeadAir Flash Hider on my Colt 6920 and swiped my Deadair Sandman between my SCAR and my Colt AR.

My Colt AR (2011) had around 1000 rounds through it only. and very minimus wear inside the upper receiver. This past weekend I ran around 150 rounds surpassed and when cleaning the rifle I noticed much more wear.

See the attached photos and let me know your thoughts. I want some opinions before I call Bootleg to see if they can fix my BCG or replace it.

pag23
02-05-21, 16:42
Was the gun lubed properly? I never heard of Bootleg so I can't comment on the product

Clint
02-05-21, 17:16
Doesn't look good...

rushca01
02-05-21, 17:25
Are those aluminum shavings that I see? Yikes! I would love to see this one sent to the SOAR you tube channel for a an autopsy... I wonder if that carrier would pass a physical...

mdrums
02-06-21, 08:54
Are those aluminum shavings that I see? Yikes! I would love to see this one sent to the SOAR you tube channel for a an autopsy... I wonder if that carrier would pass a physical...
I've called and Emailed Bootleg and not have had a response in 2 days.

So i put the stock Colt carrier back in... do you all feel it's ok to go shoot with stock carrier?

I thinks that's dust... or carbon... pictures are after a quick clean... ill reckless it again . i looked again and no metal shavings in it.

mdrums
02-06-21, 10:14

What's the SOAR youtube channel? I'd like to send for testing

rushca01
02-06-21, 10:23
What's the SOAR youtube channel? I'd like to send for testing

School of the American Rifle. https://www.schooloftheamericanrifle.com/

I don’t know that he has a advertised service for this, but his YouTube channel mentions people sending him stuff all the time to “autopsy” and fix etc..

mdrums
02-06-21, 11:55
Thanks for the YouTube link...I will check it out.

On the rub marks/shiny parts there are not rough spots, everything is smooth. I cleaned the receiver up more and dried everything. Here is a new photo.65113

utahjeepr
02-06-21, 12:21
Can we see the other side of the BCG on the top? The left side of the carrier looks to be causing the worst damage. Maybe show the bottom also.

I think you will be fine with a known carrier, but something is causing the bootleg to travel improperly.

hoopharted
02-06-21, 12:31
do you think its canted in some way?

okie
02-06-21, 14:13
That's a normal wear pattern, but sounds like it's extremely accelerated for some bizarre reason. The magazine puts upward pressure on the carrier, so that causes wear in the upper receiver, where the upper rails on the carrier contact it. That's why you see it only for that short distance, because once the carrier clears the magazine it just kind of floats in space, not making hard contact with the receiver walls.

That is eventually what kills upper receivers, but it normally takes several hundred thousand rounds.

Can't even begin to explain why that carrier would be doing that, though. I don't see anything radically different about it in that area that would cause that. The only thing I can think of is that the receiver wasn't anodized properly. Once that anodizing is gone it will start wearing really fast.

I just don't know, you got a real headscratcher there. What's really strange is it looks like you've got accelerated wear on the carrier itself. Looks to be nitride, and it should take at least several hundred rounds to raise those shiny spots, if not several thousand. Even if it's phosphate, should still take hundreds. Unless you got your grease mixed up with your lapping compound I really don't have a very good suggestion for you.

RHINOWSO
02-06-21, 14:16
I know I'm a snob, but why randomly use no-name shit parts in a solid gun?

I just don't get it.

hoopharted
02-06-21, 14:18

I just don't get it.

i needed that , i BOL

okie
02-06-21, 14:21

I just don't get it.

It's adjustable. Less gas in your eyes when running suppressed. I've not heard of those guys being shit, and I really don't see at this point how the carrier could be doing that. Not saying it isn't, but I wouldn't go jumping to conclusions quite yet.

RHINOWSO
02-06-21, 14:35
Yeah, I'll just go with a properly setup gas port / tube with a good charging handle.

I never get gas to the face, all with OEM BCGs from Colt, BCM, Aero, Noveske rifles / uppers. One 6920 I had to get a BRT tube to make it run better suppressed, but even then it wasn't spitting gas in my face. Even my Noveske Switchblock doesn't piss gas in my face if I leave it on Normal but shoot suppressed.

I mean, I've felt what gas to the face feels like with other's rifles and it sucks, but I just prefer other solutions.

And "Bootleg"? Really? Just another in a long line of random parts makers IMO. Some are ok, some are great, a lot are shit. I choose to spend my time, money, and ammo with known & quality vendors / solutions.

YMMV.

RHINOWSO
02-06-21, 14:37
This could be me talking about this issue in ARs if I was a black woman.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2F3.bp.blogspot.com%2F-kwVk5I2fFyo%2FUbBvVGNkpFI%2FAAAAAAAAArY%2FgufEAecmY84%2Fs320%2FAintNobodyGotTimeForThat.gif&f=1&nofb=1

mdrums
02-06-21, 18:04
Here are more photo's of the BCG.

As far as the BCG this is not suppose to be som eshit part fly by night product. It is well reviewed and I have not heard of issues. Bootleg I believe is part of Primary Weapons Systems.

Pappabear
02-06-21, 19:08
I think I ran a Gemtech one time to be run suppressed, and it worked nice. Never heard of this company.

Get one of Clints tubes and run your factory BCG.

PB

Joe Mamma
02-06-21, 19:59
I think the Gemtech, Primary Weapons Systems, and Bootleg bolt carrier groups are all made by the same company. They are generally very high quality products.

With regard to the pictures and mdrums's bolt carrier, I think the bolt carrier is nitrided (or melonited or isonited, whatever they want to call it), and I am guessing the top surface of the bolt carrier group (and probably the whole thing) is rough, or at least not polished very smoothly. I have seen nitrided gun parts that were polished to a glossy finish, and some that were very rough.

If you are going to continue shooting with it, I would make sure it's well lubed in those problem areas. If you had it well lubed when you were shooting with it, I wouldn't shoot with it anymore. That's a lot of wear for 150 rounds.

I'm curious what PWS/Bootleg will say. Their customer service is generally very good.

Joe Mamma

1_click_off
02-06-21, 20:28
Looks like there is less surface contact with that carrier which could concentrate the load/friction to a smaller surface area creating more wear. Just spit balling.

Dr. Bullseye
02-06-21, 22:20
It's adjustable. Less gas in your eyes when running suppressed. I've not heard of those guys being shit, and I really don't see at this point how the carrier could be doing that. Not saying it isn't, but I wouldn't go jumping to conclusions quite yet.

Doesn't this just go back to running non-mil spec parts with unintended consequences? Surely the military does not run this BCG when they go suppressed. Why not find out what they do and do that?

utahjeepr
02-07-21, 08:20
Looks like there is less surface contact with that carrier which could concentrate the load/friction to a smaller surface area creating more wear. Just spit balling.

I'm thinking along these same lines. I see a lot of small load bearing surfaces with fairly abrupt leading edges. That puts more point load on the surfaces.

I don't know if it is "well made" or from a "quality vendor". Even good people have bad ideas. I just wouldn't run it, at least not in an upper I gave a crap about. Run it to destruction in a POS Anderson or something if you want to do a field test.

mdrums
02-07-21, 10:11
Thanks for the reply's everyone... I bought this Bootleg BCG a few years ago, never used it until last weekend. I learned I guess...sucks though...I do not want to put excess wear on my Colt. No idea how the fix my upper receiver, but everything in the receiver feels smooth so maybe it's just the black finish worn off and I can re-finish it?????

I will call Bootleg again on Monday and see if they answer and can help out. Again, I've emailed them with photos days ago.

I think for AR125 suppressed I will turn my 300Blk Out pistol into an AR15 rifle. It is currently a Spikes lower w/ Geiselle trigger. I will buy a 16" AR upper for it and tuned it for suppressed with a adjustable gas black I guess.

okie
02-07-21, 11:19
Thanks for the reply's everyone... I bought this Bootleg BCG a few years ago, never used it until last weekend. I learned I guess...sucks though...I do not want to put excess wear on my Colt. No idea how the fix my upper receiver, but everything in the receiver feels smooth so maybe it's just the black finish worn off and I can re-finish it?????

I will call Bootleg again on Monday and see if they answer and can help out. Again, I've emailed them with photos days ago.

I think for AR125 suppressed I will turn my 300Blk Out pistol into an AR15 rifle. It is currently a Spikes lower w/ Geiselle trigger. I will buy a 16" AR upper for it and tuned it for suppressed with a adjustable gas black I guess.

The receiver is going to be anodized, and some have a dry lube film on the inside. Whether it's broken through the surface hardening or just rubbed the dry film and dye off is impossible to say from a photo. You would have to test the hardness with files to know for sure. Kind of a moot point though because there's absolutely nothing you can do about it except get a new receiver when that one kicks the bucket. I would just put the factory carrier back in and see how it goes.

Like I said, though, the strangest part is that the carrier has really accelerated wear, too. It should take thousands of rounds to wear away that nitride. We're talking about something here that eats through high speed steel like butter. If that really happened in 150 rounds then the only thing I can figure is that some abrasive substance was introduced into the receiver somehow.

okie
02-07-21, 11:23
Doesn't this just go back to running non-mil spec parts with unintended consequences? Surely the military does not run this BCG when they go suppressed. Why not find out what they do and do that?

That line of thought isn't without merit. I always try to keep everything as stock as possible. Especially the action parts.

DG23
02-07-21, 12:44

Take a wild guess what happens when you actually shoot your rifle again. Or any rifle for that matter...

JoshNC
02-07-21, 22:22

Don’t sweat the wear in the upper. It’s normal in its pattern. Every upper that is actually used will eventually end up with this wear. Refinishing will not help. Keep shooting. Go back to your standard Colt bolt group.

ScottsBad
02-07-21, 22:40

I just don't get it.

I don't get it either. I guess I'm a snob too. I always use BCGs from known and proven manufacturers, BCM, Colt Daniel Defense, LMT... And I use BCGs with plain old phosphate coatings that are harder to clean, but seem to hold the lube better. And I never mix bolt and carrier.

Why do people always want to make it hard on themselves?

okie
02-07-21, 23:17
I don't get it either. I guess I'm a snob too. I always use BCGs from known and proven manufacturers, BCM, Colt Daniel Defense, LMT... And I use BCGs with plain old phosphate coatings that are harder to clean, but seem to hold the lube better. And I never mix bolt and carrier.

Why do people always want to make it hard on themselves?

I've seen some pretty questionable stuff from BCM before. LMT and Daniel Defense are probably good to go, but I'm a die hard Colt fanatic.

mdrums
02-08-21, 16:38
I did get a text back from Bootleg/Primary Weapons about this issue. They are looking into it.

However I did get a quick reply back from Specialized Armament the premier Colt builder and was told to stop using that BCG and not shoot the rife suppressed. A lot of things inside need to be changed to shoot suppressed besides just the gas system. So I am learning...

I am still unclear if I can get my Colt upper receiver refinished back to factory or where I could even purchase a Colt upper receiver and have a gunsmith swap them out.

okie
02-08-21, 17:34
I did get a text back from Bootleg/Primary Weapons about this issue. They are looking into it.

However I did get a quick reply back from Specialized Armament the premier Colt builder and was told to stop using that BCG and not shoot the rife suppressed. A lot of things inside need to be changed to shoot suppressed besides just the gas system. So I am learning...

I am still unclear if I can get my Colt upper receiver refinished back to factory or where I could even purchase a Colt upper receiver and have a gunsmith swap them out.

This is an LE6920 with a Mk18 upper on it. It has somewhere between probably 300-500 rounds on it, and about three quarters of those were suppressed. Everything is stock except for the H3 buffer.

https://imgur.com/a/LXcSzN7

mdrums
02-08-21, 21:03
Thanks for sharing.... I’m sick to my stomach with the wear my rifle has. I don’t know if I can get the receiver refinished or I’d just buy a new receiver but can’t find one...a Colt..in order to keep it original. Well...what a way to learn...I’m so pissed

DG23
02-08-21, 23:10
Thanks for sharing.... I’m sick to my stomach with the wear my rifle has. I don’t know if I can get the receiver refinished or I’d just buy a new receiver but can’t find one...a Colt..in order to keep it original. Well...what a way to learn...I’m so pissed

I thought this guy gave good advice -

Don’t sweat the wear in the upper. It’s normal in its pattern. Every upper that is actually used will eventually end up with this wear. Refinishing will not help. Keep shooting. Go back to your standard Colt bolt group.

okie
02-09-21, 00:16

Don't sweat it brother, you're good! If it makes you feel any better, I think it's highly unlikely that you've broken through the actual anodizing. I think it's probably wise to stop using that carrier for the time being until you find out more, but I don't think it's done any real damage.

Just an FYI, the black isn't anodizing, it's just a dye bath they dunk it in afterwards. Anodizing is a surface hardening procedure, and it's invisible. If they skip the dye bath it almost looks like just plain raw aluminum. So what you're seeing where it's shiny isn't likely to be raw metal. It's probably just where the dye has worn away, which is completely normal. You can see in my potato stills that my new baby has the same wear pattern, and that was caused by the factory carrier, which has some pretty good shiny on the upper rails, too, where the phosphate has worn away.

It's just part of breaking in. For one thing, anodizing leaves a really rough surface, so you're bound to have high spots that are going to get knocked down. But it's extremely hard, tough stuff, and it lasts a really long time, even if the dye bath doesn't.

Like I said before, it's a normal wear pattern. Can't explain why it wore that fast, but then again I have never used any nitride carriers before. I know nitride is crazy hard, so maybe that's it right there. Might just be that nitride carriers shiny up the insides faster because they're so much harder than phosphate.

Worst case scenario you might need a new upper sooner than 200k rounds, by which time I'm sure they'll be plentiful again. But I highly, highly doubt it. I don't see any way that carrier could have done any real damage since it doesn't have any obvious burrs or anything.

ETA: I would also suggest giving it a very thorough cleaning, including a complete degreasing. Just on the off chance that some kind of abrasive substance got in there somehow.

mdrums
02-09-21, 07:43
Again THANKS!... yes I have throughly cleaned it.... first with some Slip 2000 degreaser then with some non-chlorinated brake cleaners, wiped it all out, compressed air etc and re-lubed it with oil and I used some grease I use on my 1911 on the shiny wear parts. Other felt rough to my finger tips or finger nail. The stock Colt BCG/Bolt is back in the rifle. Nothing feels lose etc.

Lesson learned. Specialized Armament was kind enough to look at photos too and highly suggest to never use this Bootleg carrier.

I have a 300blk pistol I put together with a Spike lower Geisele trigger and BCM 300blk upper. I never shoot it, tired selling it. I am going to remove the brace and 300 BCM upper regular and get a stock and a 16" 556 upper and turn it into a rifle. I will do an adjustable gas block DI upper or maybe a piston upper and use that as the suppressed 556 AR.

Don't sweat it brother, you're good! If it makes you feel any better, I think it's highly unlikely that you've broken through the actual anodizing. I think it's probably wise to stop using that carrier for the time being until you find out more, but I don't think it's done any real damage.

Just an FYI, the black isn't anodizing, it's just a dye bath they dunk it in afterwards. Anodizing is a surface hardening procedure, and it's invisible. If they skip the dye bath it almost looks like just plain raw aluminum. So what you're seeing where it's shiny isn't likely to be raw metal. It's probably just where the dye has worn away, which is completely normal. You can see in my potato stills that my new baby has the same wear pattern, and that was caused by the factory carrier, which has some pretty good shiny on the upper rails, too, where the phosphate has worn away.

It's just part of breaking in. For one thing, anodizing leaves a really rough surface, so you're bound to have high spots that are going to get knocked down. But it's extremely hard, tough stuff, and it lasts a really long time, even if the dye bath doesn't.

Like I said before, it's a normal wear pattern. Can't explain why it wore that fast, but then again I have never used any nitride carriers before. I know nitride is crazy hard, so maybe that's it right there. Might just be that nitride carriers shiny up the insides faster because they're so much harder than phosphate.

Worst case scenario you might need a new upper sooner than 200k rounds, by which time I'm sure they'll be plentiful again. But I highly, highly doubt it. I don't see any way that carrier could have done any real damage since it doesn't have any obvious burrs or anything.

ETA: I would also suggest giving it a very thorough cleaning, including a complete degreasing. Just on the off chance that some kind of abrasive substance got in there somehow.

556Cliff
02-09-21, 10:51
Again THANKS!... yes I have throughly cleaned it.... first with some Slip 2000 degreaser then with some non-chlorinated brake cleaners, wiped it all out, compressed air etc and re-lubed it with oil and I used some grease I use on my 1911 on the shiny wear parts. Other felt rough to my finger tips or finger nail. The stock Colt BCG/Bolt is back in the rifle. Nothing feels lose etc.

Lesson learned. Specialized Armament was kind enough to look at photos too and highly suggest to never use this Bootleg carrier.

I have a 300blk pistol I put together with a Spike lower Geisele trigger and BCM 300blk upper. I never shoot it, tired selling it. I am going to remove the brace and 300 BCM upper regular and get a stock and a 16" 556 upper and turn it into a rifle. I will do an adjustable gas block DI upper or maybe a piston upper and use that as the suppressed 556 AR.

Well, if Ken from Specialized Armament didn't tell you that your upper is a lost cause in need of replacement then I'd say you're good. ;)

okie
02-09-21, 11:01

There's nothing wrong with running the Colt suppressed. Just put in a heavier buffer.

mdrums
02-14-21, 10:43
Well ... Andrew from Bootleg texted me and and sent me an email like for a RA return last Thursday...I filled that out but so far no RA number or resolution to this.

I just ordered a new Colt stripped upper receiver. I will have a local gunsmith swap out this worn upper receiver so I can keep my 6920 original. I guess the worn upper receiver would still work but I do not know and am not experienced enough to know these things.

AndyLate
02-14-21, 11:01
Well ... Andrew from Bootleg texted me and and sent me an email like for a RA return last Thursday...I filled that out but so far no RA number or resolution to this.

I just ordered a new Colt stripped upper receiver. I will have a local gunsmith swap out this worn upper receiver so I can keep my 6920 original. I guess the worn upper receiver would still work but I do not know and am not experienced enough to know these things.

I am glad you are working towards a resolution. If you put your old upper for sale on the equipment exchange (with full disclosure of course), I guarantee it will sell quickly.

Andy

rushca01
02-14-21, 12:16
I would gladly take that colt upper off your hands

Joelski
02-14-21, 12:46
The upper rail on the gas port side of that carrier has an atypical appearance, compared to standard mil-spec carriers.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

mdrums
02-14-21, 15:55
The upper rail on the gas port side of that carrier has an atypical appearance, compared to standard mil-spec carriers.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk Please explain further...appreciate it..thanks

mdrums
02-14-21, 15:56

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk Please explain further...appreciate it..thanks

JoshNC
02-14-21, 16:08

Bro, you need to relax. It does not matter at all. Just lube it and use the factory bolt group. Seriously, stop overthinking this. You don’t need to swap in a new upper. The wear patterns are normal, simply accelerated. Just shoot your rifle.

okie
02-14-21, 17:01

Shoot I'll take it! Highly unlikely that there's anything whatsoever wrong with it.

Matter of fact, I can make the swap for you and I'll even pay return shipping if I can keep the old upper. I have all the necessary tools, including headspace.

DG23
02-14-21, 20:49

Yes, That wear happening in such a short round count would have bugged the crap out of me as well if it had been my rifle but not to the point that I would have been willing to pay butt rapey price to have the part swapped out.

Once you do get things swapped out - As you shoot the rifle wear is going to happen again. (perhaps much more slowly but still...)

There is no getting around that fact. The only way to keep it looking like new is to stick it in back of the safe and never shoot it.

mdrums
02-15-21, 08:18
Yeah this is not a safe queen....and I understand it will wear again. I've had this AR since 2011... and upper had minimal wear marks, just typical normal stuff with stock Colt BCG...until the Bootleg carries went in it did I see what is in the photos.

Wear like I saw in 100 rounds really bugs me... money for the receiver swap isn't the issue at all. The issue is a wear I saw. Plus I have been wanting to install the Daniel Defense RIS II FSP Rail so while apart I figured I just swap the worn receiver out and have it spec'd and re-finished and either build a AR around it or sell it full disclosure.

Thanks to everyone for replies and PM's. I've received messages or spoken with known respected guys in the community and all say the Bootleg BCG is junk. Bootleg wrote back saying there BCG are very tight tolerance bigger than norm...uh yeah I can agree after seeing what the Bootleg BCG did to my receiver...so learn from my mistake...isn't that what forums are about?

for my job I am in sales, as a manufacture rep and product specialist. I take great care of my customers and expect this in my hobby...shooting. I've never really had any issues with guns much other than getting my Dead Air Sandman lined up only SCAR which Dead Air themselves fixed and was unbelievable in reaching out with service. Bootleg is slow to respond, maybe the guy that makes these has another job? Phone calls go direct to voicemail, which is full and you can't leave a message and no one picks up the phone. They say to text them, I did and and I got a reply a few days later rely but no resolution. Got a email last week saying apply for RA# and a link, which I did apply. We will see...hope they come through but my gut feeling is not good so far.
Thanks...

Yes, That wear happening in such a short round count would have bugged the crap out of me as well if it had been my rifle but not to the point that I would have been willing to pay butt rapey price to have the part swapped out.

Once you do get things swapped out - As you shoot the rifle wear is going to happen again. (perhaps much more slowly but still...)

There is no getting around that fact. The only way to keep it looking like new is to stick it in back of the safe and never shoot it.

DG23
02-15-21, 09:23
Thanks to everyone for replies and PM's. I've received messages or spoken with known respected guys in the community and all say the Bootleg BCG is junk. Bootleg wrote back saying there BCG are very tight tolerance bigger than norm...uh yeah I can agree after seeing what the Bootleg BCG did to my receiver...so learn from my mistake...isn't that what forums are about?

I would venture to guess that those parts would have finished mating together before long and the accelerated wear would have slowed to a crawl.

If they do not get you that RMA you could perhaps sell the Bootleg BCG and the worn Colt upper together as a 'matched pair' and get a good chunk of your money back.

If it were me and those parts were running / functioning together reliably - I would have just ran them while keeping an eye on things.

georgeib
02-15-21, 10:02
I would venture to guess that those parts would have finished mating together before long and the accelerated wear would have slowed to a crawl.

If they do not get you that RMA you could perhaps sell the Bootleg BCG and the worn Colt upper together as a 'matched pair' and get a good chunk of your money back.

If it were me and those parts were running / functioning together reliably - I would have just ran them while keeping an eye on things.

I was thinking exactly the same thing. Once mated, the wear rate would essentially go to almost nothing with proper lube. I would just shoot it. No sweat.

DG23
02-15-21, 11:22
I was thinking exactly the same thing. Once mated, the wear rate would essentially go to almost nothing with proper lube. I would just shoot it. No sweat.

Why I don't like to swap worn in parts that are still working fine with new / 'upgraded' parts if I can help it.

Once those sliding surfaces have mated together - You replace one of them with something different and the mating process has to start over.

Colt is not polishing AR parts before they assemble them. If you look closely at many of their parts (and in places you know are going to be rubbing on other surfaces) they will sometimes be rough as a cob.

(Colt part on bottom)
https://i.imgur.com/ALR9ahB.jpg

Those machining marks running side to side across the bottom of your carrier every time it cycles will eventually wear in and leave some obvious wear patterns as the parts mate together. Especially if the bottom surface of the carrier is rough as a cob as well...

RHINOWSO
02-15-21, 14:36
OP, recommend hitting your ballz with a mallet next time you think about doing something like this.

Less expensive and faster to recover, I would bet.

mdrums
02-15-21, 17:13
Yep for sure...LOL

mdrums
02-16-21, 09:13
Bootleg texted me yesterday and is sending out a new version of the Bootleg BCG and a call tag in the box to send back my version. Good News!

I will use this in a mutt build I am doing and will keep my Colt using the Colt BCG that works so well.

RHINOWSO
02-16-21, 09:44
I'd just sell the NIB Bootleg and forget this incident.

blade_68
02-17-21, 01:11
That upper should last quite a long time still.
That's what my BCM 12.5 upper looks like now I couldn't say how many rnds. have been shot though it. Suppressed many cases of 5.56 ammo. Now that amount of wear on your upper that fast is not quite normal. I've got a 10.5 that's ran suppressed with my FM-1suppressor probably looks like this too but both are and have been ran hard n long. The cam pin wears a track in uppers with use.

Yes they need a good cleaning too.

mdrums
03-15-21, 21:37
I wanted to update you all.... I just received the new replacement Bootleg carrier. So that’s cool of them and they included a shipping label to send my original back.

So received and installed/swapped out my Colt upper receiver last week. I now have the upper show in the photos off the rifle and sitting in my desk. I did go shoot it before I swapped out with my stock Colt BCG and everything worked just fine.

I’m thinking of getting a FN barrel and finding a lower and build a rifle or just selling off this Colt upper. Anyone into getting this Colt upper receiver?