PDA

View Full Version : AAC MDs

Rombot
02-03-21, 18:34
I’m looking for more AAC 51t MDs and can’t seem to find them anymore.

I heard Remington bought AAC, so did they shut them down or something?

Is there an alternative MD for AAC Suppressors?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inkslinger
02-03-21, 18:50
It could be because virtually everything AR15 related is out of stock.

Rombot
02-03-21, 18:55
Brownells shows them as “discontinued” which makes me a bit concerned.

Allen
02-03-21, 18:59
PSA's parent company bought them out of the BK. Unfortunately their dealer locator is shit, so you're going to have to punch metro zips and call till you find stock, or pay the GB premium:
https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=AAC%2051T

Inkslinger
02-03-21, 19:13
Brownells shows them as “discontinued” which makes me a bit concerned.

I’ve seen Brownells mark things “discontinued” before that we’re definitely not.

TexasGunNut
02-03-21, 19:35
I got a notification from Silencer Shop that they hit stock today.

matemike
02-03-21, 23:24
AAC filed chapter 11 bankruptcy a couple of years ago. It’s been slim pickings ever since then and I don’t know who, if anybody, picked up their product line. Might be PSA according to some rumors.

Or there are guys who can convert the AAC cans to mount up to different MD’s.

titsonritz
02-04-21, 01:03
It could be because virtually everything decent AR15 related is out of stock.

FIFY

There's plenty of junk to be had.

docsherm
02-04-21, 08:08
I’m looking for more AAC 51t MDs and can’t seem to find them anymore.

I heard Remington bought AAC, so did they shut them down or something?

Is there an alternative MD for AAC Suppressors?

Thanks!

AAC was apart of the bankruptcy that Remington Outdoors went through last year. They sold off their assets and JJE Capital Holdings LLC (the parent company of PSA) got AAC. The issue is that the AAC factory was collocated in the Remington firearms factory. PSA got the patents, brand, and intellectual property for AAC. Vista Outdoors got Remington Firearms and the factory.

Long story short: AAC is now owned by PSA but they have no factory to make the products or repair them.

https://journalnow.com/business/local/bankruptcy-judge-approves-selling-remington-assets-to-seven-buyers/article_90f346cc-028d-11eb-bc53-ebcb17e045e3.html

I just had a AAC SDN6 converted to take a Dead Air KeyMo mount.

RHINOWSO
02-04-21, 08:28
Yeah buy em if you can find em.

I've never had an issues with their MD or QDs (51T) but saw this coming and stashed a couple away for future builds.

docsherm
02-04-21, 08:40
Yeah buy em if you can find em.

I've never had an issues with their MD or QDs (51T) but saw this coming and stashed a couple away for future builds.

The real issue is the ratchet mounting system needing repair. I saw this coming and sent back all three of mine AAC cans to get the ratchet replaced in late 2019. The two I have left should be good for now. If something happens to them before PSA is up and running, I will simply get it converted to KeyMo.

RHINOWSO
02-04-21, 09:33
Yeah, I've always pressed down on the latch while mounting until the last couple of teeth, so I think I've saved some significant wear and tear on it.

My Saker with 51T adaptor is a bit different with the locking ring.

But as you mention there is always a way to convert to something else.

Rombot
02-05-21, 20:17
AAC was apart of the bankruptcy that Remington Outdoors went through last year. They sold off their assets and JJE Capital Holdings LLC (the parent company of PSA) got AAC. The issue is that the AAC factory was collocated in the Remington firearms factory. PSA got the patents, brand, and intellectual property for AAC. Vista Outdoors got Remington Firearms and the factory.

Long story short: AAC is now owned by PSA but they have no factory to make the products or repair them.

https://journalnow.com/business/local/bankruptcy-judge-approves-selling-remington-assets-to-seven-buyers/article_90f346cc-028d-11eb-bc53-ebcb17e045e3.html

PSA being Palmetto State Armory?

themonk
02-06-21, 07:35
PSA being Palmetto State Armory?

Yes. JE Capital Holdings

Cane55
02-10-21, 02:05

How do you convert an AAC can to work on a Dead Air KeyMo mount? Is there a company or person who does that? Thanks.

themonk
02-10-21, 05:48
How do you convert an AAC can to work on a Dead Air KeyMo mount? Is there a company or person who does that? Thanks.

ECCO Machine & Fabrication - https://m.facebook.com/ECCOmachine/

Eurodriver
02-10-21, 07:42
ECCO Machine & Fabrication - https://m.facebook.com/ECCOmachine/

I am on their waiting list. I saw DocSherms can and it looks badass.

rjacobs
02-10-21, 10:39

And supposedly there is a bunch of peoples stuff that was sent in for repair that is stuck in said factory and nobody knows how to get it out...repaired or not.

tweakmeister
02-13-21, 09:13
There are a couple sellers on gunbroker that bought boxes of 51t mounts. They are reasonably priced.

themonk
02-13-21, 09:22
Battlecomp just did a run of 556 51T mounts (in stock on their website as of today) and will get 762 in shortly. The machining on these mounts is excellent and better than AAC mounts.

Eurodriver
02-13-21, 15:44
Battlecomp just did a run of 556 51T mounts (in stock on their website as of today) and will get 762 in shortly. The machining on these mounts is excellent and better than AAC mounts.

Out of stock

Cane55
03-27-21, 03:45

Are there any other flash hiders or muzzle brakes that will work with the AAC M4-2000, or does it have to be converted by a company?

docsherm
03-27-21, 12:14
Are there any other flash hiders or muzzle brakes that will work with the AAC M4-2000, or does it have to be converted by a company?

You will have to find a 51T or have it converted.