PDA

View Full Version : Mk12 with 15" handguard?

Up1911fan
02-04-21, 10:00
Has anyone used a 15" handguard on a MK12 barrel with the AE brake and collar? I want to do a MK12 build, doesnhave to be clone correct, but will be using the proper barrel with the brake and collar for the AEM5 can. I already have a 15" BCM MCMR handguard on hand, so would like to use that if it will work.

Stickman
02-04-21, 12:30
Has anyone used a 15" handguard on a MK12 barrel with the AE brake and collar? I want to do a MK12 build, doesnhave to be clone correct, but will be using the proper barrel with the brake and collar for the AEM5 can. I already have a 15" BCM MCMR handguard on hand, so would like to use that if it will work.

Have you checked out the BCM website? I thought they offered that with their version of a MK12 barrel.... Who knows, I could be wrong, but I thought I had seen one, or something very similar.

Up1911fan
02-04-21, 13:00
Have you checked out the BCM website? I thought they offered that with their version of a MK12 barrel.... Who knows, I could be wrong, but I thought I had seen one, or something very similar.

They do list one, but no pics with the brake/collar.

Stickman
02-04-21, 13:16
They do list one, but no pics with the brake/collar.

I'll dig around over here and see what I can find. I'm not a store or anything, but I am a blessed man when it comes to things on hand....

Up1911fan
02-04-21, 14:14
I'll dig around over here and see what I can find. I'm not a store or anything, but I am a blessed man when it comes to things on hand....

Thanks. I've emailed Centurion about it as well, but haven't heard from them. They list a 15" handguard, but don't say anything about the suppressor fitting with it.

ViniVidivici
02-05-21, 15:23
I have a BA 18" SPR pattern barrel in a gun with a 13" rail.

I measured from the end of my rail, it is 15 1/2" from the back end of my rail to the step on the barrel for the collar.

So it looks like, with a 15" rail, you'd have about 1/2" clearance between the front end of the rail and the step.

Hope that helps.

Up1911fan
02-05-21, 15:31
I have a BA 18" SPR pattern barrel in a gun with a 13" rail.

I measured from the end of my rail, it is 15 1/2" from the back end of my rail to the step on the barrel for the collar.

So it looks like, with a 15" rail, you'd have about 1/2" clearance between the front end of the rail and the step.

Hope that helps.

That does. Thank you.

Up1911fan
02-05-21, 17:44
Just heard back from Centurion that it will work as well.