PDA

View Full Version : Truck seat covers

02-04-21, 18:05
Can some of you recommend some front seat covers for me? I have a a 2014 Nissan Frontier with front bucket seats and a German Shepherd Dog. I had some in a previous pickup, but they sucked because the ass part of the cover always came loose. Not sure where to start research.

CrowCommand
02-04-21, 18:26
I like my Carhartt covers. They have little "pillows" that tuck between the seat, and seat back. They work well at keeping the cover in one place.

utahjeepr
02-04-21, 20:01
X2 on Carhartt. Pricey, but the are good covers. I have some Cordura covers in another vehicle, they are a bit slippery at first. The dogs hate em cause they keep sliding off. Both are from covercraft. Some of the best covers I've ever had.

The old Indian blanket kind were awesome, but all the new ones suck.

LMT Shooter
02-04-21, 20:17
I bought Cover Craft Seat Savers, and I just saw on their website that they make Carhartt seat covers like others recommended. They lasted for about 10 years, looked great, were comfortable both summer & winter, and did an outstanding job of protecting the seats. Expensive but worth every penny.

titsonritz
02-04-21, 21:00
Check out Duluth too. My buddy has one of their dog hammock thing in the back of his crew cab for his dog and it is a pretty slick setup.

https://www.duluthtrading.com/gear/truck-and-car/

02-04-21, 21:09
Thanks for the advice so far. I’ll look into those.

teufelhund1918
02-05-21, 05:10
I'm looking at getting Skanda covers for my truck: https://www.coverking.com/seat-covers/skanda-intro.html

Tigereye
02-05-21, 06:38
Marathon seat covers has been my favorite. Great looking and very durable.

meausoc
02-05-21, 07:20
2nd on Marathon, plus they are made in the U.S.A.

utahjeepr
02-05-21, 08:28
2nd on Marathon, plus they are made in the U.S.A.

Covercraft brands are USA at least most of them. They also have a facility in Mexico. Not trying to schill for them. The quoted post made me worry cause I didn't know. So I checked. I'm feeling kinda ornery about chi-com manufacturers and I feared I might have recommended one.

Good reminder to me to keep paying close attention, thanks.

utahjeepr
02-05-21, 08:37
On a side note. Does anybody know WHY the old heavy wool (like over a quarter inch thick) woven seat covers aren't made anymore? We called them Indian blanket or saddle blanket covers. Damn things were awesome. Seemed warm in winter, cool in summer, wore like iron, and got stained if you even thought about a soda or coffee while driving. I'd pay good money for those if they still made good ones. Everything I've seen like that now is total crap.

02-05-21, 08:43
Yes, thick would be a good thing. In fact, my passenger seat is currently wearing a wool blanket. I’m not sure why I failed to mention it in my OP, but US made would be preferred. Greatly.

Thanks so far.

Averageman
02-05-21, 10:02
Check with your car insurance, some covers, block some air bags, on some vehicles.
Yeah believe it or not it's been an issue.

Black_Sheep
02-05-21, 12:13
When I got a new company truck they sent me to a local shop to order Tiger Tough seat covers. They are vehicle specific and require some effort to install but they fit great and the fabric is tough as nails.

https://www.tigertough.com/products/categories/seat-covers/?gclid=CjwKCAiA9vOABhBfEiwATCi7GLOw7WmujBlJFg2gAPUotudlL5CPaeqF4FfFNpEpp2AoN_j-5q3lhhoCJeoQAvD_BwE

02-07-21, 08:59
Check with your car insurance, some covers, block some air bags, on some vehicles.
Yeah believe it or not it's been an issue.

I overlooked that, and it does affect my vehicle, as it turns out. Dang.

Averageman
02-07-21, 09:46
I overlooked that, and it does affect my vehicle, as it turns out. Dang.

Well, I'm glad I mentioned it for you.

utahjeepr
02-07-21, 11:21
Most good covers work fine with in seat airbags. The covercrafts have "break aways" if/where necessary. So do most higher end covers.

Travelingchild
02-07-21, 13:41
Pick one...https://realtruck.com/c/interior-accessories/seat-covers/v/nissan/frontier/2014/