PDA

View Full Version : Remington 870 production to restart?

Slater
02-05-21, 09:51
I guess we'll see:

"ILION, N.Y. — The company that now owns the Remington Arms assets in Ilion has obtained its federal firearms license.

Roundhill group, who bought Remington in Ilion last year, confirmed with NEWSChannel 2 that they received the license last week.The plan is to open the plant in Ilion on Feb. 16 for maintenance. They are targeting March 1 for production to begin. Roundhill Group partner, Richmond Italia, said the company plans to bring back 200 employees by the first day of production.

Italia says the company is working with the state to increase jobs at the Ilion facility.

“We’re deep in negotations with the state, trying to come up with some sort of compromise to build a new facility,” said Italia. “If we are able to come to terms and we do build a new facility, we will consolidate everything in New York, which will bring the company back to 800 to 1,000 employees, eventually.”

They are also discussing opening a new facility in the parking lot of the current building."

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2021/02/04/remington-870-shotguns/

Esq.
02-05-21, 10:35
I suppose this is good news. They should just move the hell out of New York....

AndyLate
02-05-21, 10:41
I suppose this is good news. They should just move the hell out of New York....

Especially if they have to build a plant. Heck, just move the machinery down here to the plant in Alabama.

Crazy to build a plant in a state that you cannot sell your products in.

Andy

Slater
02-05-21, 10:56
Especially if they have to build a plant. Heck, just move the machinery down here to the plant in Alabama.

Crazy to build a plant in a state that you cannot sell your products in.

Andy

Whatever happened to the Huntsville facility?

AndyLate
02-05-21, 11:20
Whatever happened to the Huntsville facility?

Its sitting empty. I think its for sale/rent now.

Andy

Whiskey_Bravo
02-05-21, 12:03
Why in the world would the stay there and especially build a new plant in NY?

Slater
02-05-21, 12:19
Why in the world would the stay there and especially build a new plant in NY?

Possibly something to do with the union?

Allen
02-05-21, 13:27
Possibly something to do with the union?

Yep - keeping the contract w/ existing union was part of their bid.

Still nutz that they would not try and get some of their production moved out of NY but this may be more of a tangle the state and the union up enough and get a free pile of cash to off set their risk.

Vic79
02-05-21, 14:52
If they’re sticking with that same union and staying in New York I hope they fail again.

jsbhike
02-05-21, 21:11
Another lock down in the works?

JediGuy
02-06-21, 12:04
If they’re sticking with that same union and staying in New York I hope they fail again.

I agree with this.

lowprone
02-06-21, 15:53
Something about the Devil you know !!!

Slater
02-06-21, 16:16
If they do end up building a new facility in New York, I would guess they're going to be there for the long haul. Or until they can figure how to get out from under their union contract.