PDA

View Full Version : Check out the next issue of SWAT

rob_s
12-05-08, 05:54
Got my name in print again!

http://swatmagazine.com/

R.D.
12-05-08, 06:58
Congratulations, I'm looking forward to reading it.

Iraqgunz
12-05-08, 07:07
Better be careful or we will start to think you're on the take! Personally I always look forward to the articles by J. Yeager. :rolleyes:

Dave L.
12-05-08, 07:18
Rob,
Congrats!

Cold Zero
12-05-08, 07:21

Congratulations. Did you get a free Rifle, or discounted price on that rifle, or any other gear?

Iraqgunz
12-05-08, 07:49
Dave,

The IZ PX? I may need to venture down there tomorrow to see what else is new. BTW- I went to the PX at the NEC. Wow, that place rocks. When they shut the other one down life is going to suck.

Rob,
The PX in Baghdad has them already, my buddy has it now and I'm waiting for him to finish with it.
Congrats!

rob_s
12-05-08, 07:49
Nope. Got the rifle in for T&E, ran it in Pat's class, sent it back. Didn't even get time for any real bench testing.

I make it a point to either buy all my own gear or send it back when I'm done with it if I get it for "free".

Dave L.
12-05-08, 07:52
Dave,

The IZ PX? I may need to venture down there tomorrow to see what else is new. BTW- I went to the PX at the NEC. Wow, that place rocks. When they shut the other one down life is going to suck.

I was wrong- I thought it was in the current issue :(

rob_s
12-05-08, 08:10
I think they'll start hitting subscribers this week or next. Not sure on news stands and the like.

Cold Zero
12-05-08, 08:15
Nope. Got the rifle in for T&E, ran it in Pat's class, sent it back. Didn't even get time for any real bench testing.

I make it a point to either buy all my own gear or send it back when I'm done with it if I get it for "free".

That is an honorable policy, good on you for it. Many others writters can not say the same.

rob_s
12-05-08, 08:18
That is an honorable policy, good on you for it. Many others writters can not say the same.

Thank you.

Here is my whole "policy (http://tacticalyellowvisor.net/8301/51903.html)", in case anyone is curious. It needs a bit of fine tuning, but I think it's fair.

mattjmcd
12-05-08, 10:29
As if "The Chart" wasn't good enough! Are you aiming for gun writerhood on a regular basis?

Obiwan
12-05-08, 10:32
Your mom must be so proud:D

warpigM-4
12-05-08, 10:50
good for you:D

M4arc
12-05-08, 10:54
Where can I get an autographed copy?

rob_s
12-05-08, 11:32
Where can I get an autographed copy?

Funny you ask that...

We went to a training class recently and everyone met up for breakfast before the class. I walk in late and the class organizer announces in this loud voice that the "famous author" is here, produces two copies of Combat Tactics, and actually makes me sign them in front of the rest of the class. Very embarrassing.

30 cal slut
12-05-08, 11:51
rob - congrats on the article.

i was just wondering ... what's the general consensus on the magazine itself ... is it worth getting a subscription? i've whittled down my periodicals (I get SAR and of course American Rifleman) since i rarely have time to read the things, 'cept maybe when i'm pinchin' a loaf.

rob_s
12-05-08, 11:58
I was a SWAT subscriber before I submitted the article. I like it for Pat's and Louis's columns, as well as Scott Reitz column. Anything beyond that is generally considered a bonus to me.

SWAT, Car & Driver, and recently Road & Track are all my outhouse reading. :D

SinnFéinM1911
12-05-08, 12:00
Thank you.

Here is my whole "policy (http://tacticalyellowvisor.net/8301/51903.html)", in case anyone is curious. It needs a bit of fine tuning, but I think it's fair.

"Also, in order to maintain the integrity of the review, I either purchase or return all items I receive on loan for review. I am not interested in free gear. If I like the product and believe that I can make use of it then I will make arrangements to pay you for it. If I do not like the product, or cannot find a specific use for it then I will return it."

You sent it back... Should this tell us something about the article... ? :D

Im kidding...

Good on you man, there is not much like that around... Some people started a web site with those intenions, but needless to say, now they market what they like with thier own name on it...

rob_s
12-05-08, 12:03
That's why I say that section of the site needs some tweaking! :D

Not everyone offers to sell me what they sent me. In the case of the KAC it was a pre-production gun that they were using for their own T&E as well. So I knew from the beginning it was going back.

SinnFéinM1911
12-05-08, 12:50
That's why I say that section of the site needs some tweaking! :D

Not everyone offers to sell me what they sent me. In the case of the KAC it was a pre-production gun that they were using for their own T&E as well. So I knew from the beginning it was going back.

I was just bustin ya man, Im pretty sure I read that before when you tested it and posted something on it in the past...

RD62
12-05-08, 15:54
Way to go! I liked your article on "The Chart". I look forward to reading your next!

-RD62