PDA

View Full Version : 60 rd straight mag

hoopharted
02-08-21, 17:27
anyone tried them out?

have one on the way

TomMcC
02-08-21, 18:29
Are you talking about the AT Schmeisser S60?

hoopharted
02-08-21, 18:31
yes , sorry should have put that in there

titsonritz
02-08-21, 19:36
IMO, the 40 rounder Pmags are more than enough hanging off the bottom of my guns. I'd stick with a drum if I wanted that many rounds on tap.

Pappabear
02-08-21, 19:40
I think the 40 pmags are huge. I'm fine with doubling up with on 30's.

But, hey if it turns your crank, rock out some rounds. Shooting is a good thang. Can't hurt for a range toy.

PB

scubacuba
02-08-21, 21:04
I’ve got a three of them. The first couple of times loading them was honestly a serious chore. The last 10 rounds were difficult to load. I loaded and unloaded them five times each initially to see if the last few would get a little easier and they did... a little. What can I say, I was bored. I also lightly lubed the inside of each body. Their dual spring setup is indeed very stout and they’ve all run without issue. They’re obviously heavy when loaded but I like them more so than drum mags and I think they’re easier to store and pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hoopharted
02-09-21, 02:14
great thanks

i grabbed one (on the way) just for the sake of getting one , not thinking it would be life changing making my other mags obsolete but just more or less to have one

markm
02-09-21, 17:27
Never heard of this mag. But I've been running one of the SureFire 60s on and off for a few years with zero issues.

Stickman
02-09-21, 17:37
Never heard of this mag. But I've been running one of the SureFire 60s on and off for a few years with zero issues.

I think you and I are the only ones who don't have issues with our Surefire 60s. Mine has always been flawless, which makes me think there is a lot of internet crybabies who don't know what they are talking about. Shocking...

hoopharted
02-09-21, 18:12
I think you and I are the only ones who don't have issues with our Surefire 60s. Mine has always been flawless, which makes me think there is a lot of internet crybabies who don't know what they are talking about. Shocking...

i seen those while searching for the best price on the Schmeisser , everyone was out of them

wickedyz
02-09-21, 18:39

I couldn’t get through five rounds without mine binding up and failing. Vickers even put out a disclaimer about how they are a mixed bag with some failing right out of the package. I went to 40 rounders and had no problems. This was in an issued M4 with H2 buffer and Sprinco buffer spring that was 100% with every other mag I used.

Stickman
02-09-21, 19:47
I couldn’t get through five rounds without mine binding up and failing. Vickers even put out a disclaimer about how they are a mixed bag with some failing right out of the package. I went to 40 rounders and had no problems. This was in an issued M4 with H2 buffer and Sprinco buffer spring that was 100% with every other mag I used.

I don't doubt you at all.

AAMP84
02-09-21, 21:00

I had the same issues with mine. But it ran fine in my buddies rifle, so I sold it to him. This was right after they came out and I didn’t know enough technically about the platform to diagnose the issue. I just assumed it was my franken build.

markm
02-10-21, 08:57

Yeah. I have another one new in wrapper. I kinda want to test fire it.

okie
02-10-21, 12:36
All things being equal, the higher the capacity, the less reliable the mag will be. I think you have to ask yourself how many rounds is enough. Considering things start feeling really heavy, I would say 30 is plenty.

The lust for higher capacity mags stems from trying to make assault rifles double as light machineguns. Which with constant recoil and open bolt modes is now a reality. I know they get a lot of hate, but I think Surefire has the right idea. It allows for more rounds without dramatically lengthening the mag or making the compression rate crazy short. I've not shot mine very much, but I have some first gen Surefire 60s, and I haven't found any issues with them. Could be that I just haven't shot them enough, but I've spoken with others who have put many thousands of rounds through them and reported success. I can accept that the design or perhaps just the quality control might need some tweaking, but I think in general they're good to go. I also suspect that those who have had problems with them might have been the victims of circumstance rather than faulty mags. There's a lot we don't know about them. Could be that there are certain setups or ammunition they don't like. I've also heard that some got out of the factory with rough followers and that after polishing the bits of flashing they ran flawlessly. I would probably go with that since it's been around longer.