PDA

View Full Version : Gun Poll: Jewish Press

WillBrink
02-09-21, 17:29
"I own at least one gun" leading by a margin:

https://www.jewishpress.com/news/polls-news/gun-ownership/2021/02/04/

TomMcC
02-09-21, 17:46
I voted. That last category are the one's you really have to watch out for. I wonder if they think the "no one should own one" applies to the gov't, any gov't?

SteyrAUG
02-09-21, 18:06
Online polls are a joke.

If they conform with the editorial bias, they are simply reported as some kind of factual statistic.

If they do not conform with the editorial bias, they are either ignored, resubmitted or get enough last minute "ghost votes" until the numbers they wanted are achieved.

Also I've seen enough "slam this poll" posts on both arfcom and DUh.com to know that heavy membership organizations can fluctuate even a genuinely honest poll and produce numbers that are representative of only the radical extremes and are therefore meaningless.

Arik
02-09-21, 18:22
Depends which Jews they ask. The Soy-merican or the Iraqi, Afghan, Iranian, Yamen....etc...

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

SteyrAUG
02-09-21, 21:32
I don't like to view any group as "all members are this..." but with that being said, I'll never understand anyone who is or identifies as jewish who doesn't believe in personal self protection and is armed accordingly. It really wasn't THAT long ago.

Arik
02-10-21, 06:53
I don't like to view any group as "all members are this..." but with that being said, I'll never understand anyone who is or identifies as jewish who doesn't believe in personal self protection and is armed accordingly. It really wasn't THAT long ago.Guns have no purpose in a modern civilized society. Besides they're iky and the police will protect you!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

davidjinks
02-10-21, 08:05
Man.....some of the comments I read.....people are absolutely ridiculous.

"I own at least one gun" leading by a margin:

https://www.jewishpress.com/news/polls-news/gun-ownership/2021/02/04/

utahjeepr
02-10-21, 08:18
Ok, I realize this is wildly off topic, but this thread made me realize I haven't heard from Yoni in a while. ???

davidjinks
02-10-21, 08:30
I just saw a post from him in another thread.

Ok, I realize this is wildly off topic, but this thread made me realize I haven't heard from Yoni in a while. ???

BoringGuy45
02-10-21, 08:58
I don't like to view any group as "all members are this..." but with that being said, I'll never understand anyone who is or identifies as jewish who doesn't believe in personal self protection and is armed accordingly. It really wasn't THAT long ago.

I don't quite understand it either, especially when the media's narrative is that Nazism is alive, well, and a bigger threat than ever. But, the thing is, most of them have bought the progressive doctrine that nobody needs a gun because we have a benevolent Democratic Party that will protect everybody.

SteyrAUG
02-10-21, 18:10
I don't quite understand it either, especially when the media's narrative is that Nazism is alive, well, and a bigger threat than ever. But, the thing is, most of them have bought the progressive doctrine that nobody needs a gun because we have a benevolent Democratic Party that will protect everybody.

So yeah, we both get that. But in Israel they are armed to the teeth and have been known to bring M-16s to the beach. You can argue that maybe they feel safer in the US than in Israel but I'm not 100% about that. And yeah, with the SPLC threat assessment we have something greater than the Bund back in 1939 even if we don't believe that to be an accurate assessment.

But regardless of zip code, I'll never understand why they all don't align 100% with the likes of Aaron Zelman, that guy I completely understood. Really wish he could have sat down with members of congress who were jewish and had a "come to jesus" moment and I hope you pardon the expression.

utahjeepr
02-11-21, 04:19
So yeah, we both get that. But in Israel they are armed to the teeth and have been known to bring M-16s to the beach. You can argue that maybe they feel safer in the US than in Israel but I'm not 100% about that. And yeah, with the SPLC threat assessment we have something greater than the Bund back in 1939 even if we don't believe that to be an accurate assessment.

But regardless of zip code, I'll never understand why they all don't align 100% with the likes of Aaron Zelman, that guy I completely understood. Really wish he could have sat down with members of congress who were jewish and had a "come to jesus" moment and I hope you pardon the expression.

I'm hardly an expert on Israel, but my understanding from my Israeli friends is that gun control is pretty serious over there. I hear it is loosening up a bit lately but permits/registration required and strict limits.

I am with you though on oppressed peoples and gun ownership. I would think every Jew, every American Indian, every minority, and every LGBT person would be zealots on gun ownership. Whether the oppression/discrimination is real or imagined on an individual level, you would think that person would be adamant about self defense.

yoni
02-11-21, 06:41
I am alive!

I just had to get away from the noise post election, plus had some business issues that were taking up my time, and due to stupid people involved required me to hustle from 0400 to 2230. I was just totally burned out.

Regarding Jews, guns, Israel and guns.

Jews like the rest of the country is divided today, I would say we are even more deeply divided than the general population.

I give a weekly commentary on an Israeli focused radio show, you would not believe the vile things that liberal American Jews send in by email. I hate these so called Jews, more than I hate Palestinians. Understand I have lost family and friends to the violence over the decades.

So this divide carries over into guns, the Orthodox community voted overwhelmingly for President Trump, the non Orthodox did 180 degrees to this.

This carries over to guns as well. Due to issues involving kosher methods of slaughter, Jews do not have any tradition of hunting. Also for centuries in a lot of places it was against the law for Jews to own guns.

You would be surprised if you knew how many people in an Orthodox synagogue are packing guns. I am sure it is about the same percent as Christians that carry to church.

I know many Orthodox including Rabbis, that have bought guns in the last year.

Regarding Israel, we were started by a bunch of G-Dless commies. They brought that Soviet mentality with them to Israel. The State can own all the guns it wants and if the State thinks you have a need you can get issued a firearm. Examples of this are people that live remotely, when I joined the small agricultural village where my house is in the Arms room we had like 15 AK's real ones, we had about 30 fully sized Uzi's and one or 2 Mauser bolt actions. At some point the AK's were replaced with M-1 carbines. Then the Uzis went away and were not replaced with anything.

Private ownership of guns is complicated. For pistols depending where you live a person without a criminal or mental issues can buy a pistol for self defense. In the last few years they opened it up that former combat soldiers would be able to get a pistol for self defense, also all officer.

It used to be that we also had sporting permits for hand guns, that in the past people were allowed to carry. But these have gone away and you have to store your sport pistol at the range. Something that was supported by the gun ranges since they charge for that storage.

Shotguns for hunting, are allowed for Arabs and not Jews. It isn't written like that in law but de facto that is what it is.

Lastly members of the Snipers Association, can buy a rifle that fulfills sniper duties.

Then unknown to most people are special permits for those involved at the most elite level of State security. I will not comment on these permits, further other than to say when you pull it out, it really opens peoples eyes.

Straight Shooter
02-11-21, 08:50
I am alive!

I just had to get away from the noise post election, plus had some business issues that were taking up my time, and due to stupid people involved required me to hustle from 0400 to 2230. I was just totally burned out.

Jews like the rest of the country is divided today, I would say we are even more deeply divided than the general population.

I give a weekly commentary on an Israeli focused radio show, you would not believe the vile things that liberal American Jews send in by email. I hate these so called Jews, more than I hate Palestinians. Understand I have lost family and friends to the violence over the decades.

So this divide carries over into guns, the Orthodox community voted overwhelmingly for President Trump, the non Orthodox did 180 degrees to this.

This carries over to guns as well. Due to issues involving kosher methods of slaughter, Jews do not have any tradition of hunting. Also for centuries in a lot of places it was against the law for Jews to own guns.

You would be surprised if you knew how many people in an Orthodox synagogue are packing guns. I am sure it is about the same percent as Christians that carry to church.

Regarding Israel, we were started by a bunch of G-Dless commies. They brought that Soviet mentality with them to Israel. The State can own all the guns it wants and if the State thinks you have a need you can get issued a firearm. Examples of this are people that live remotely, when I joined the small agricultural village where my house is in the Arms room we had like 15 AK's real ones, we had about 30 fully sized Uzi's and one or 2 Mauser bolt actions. At some point the AK's were replaced with M-1 carbines. Then the Uzis went away and were not replaced with anything.

Private ownership of guns is complicated. For pistols depending where you live a person without a criminal or mental issues can buy a pistol for self defense. In the last few years they opened it up that former combat soldiers would be able to get a pistol for self defense, also all officer.

It used to be that we also had sporting permits for hand guns, that in the past people were allowed to carry. But these have gone away and you have to store your sport pistol at the range. Something that was supported by the gun ranges since they charge for that storage.

Shotguns for hunting, are allowed for Arabs and not Jews. It isn't written like that in law but de facto that is what it is.

Lastly members of the Snipers Association, can buy a rifle that fulfills sniper duties.

Then unknown to most people are special permits for those involved at the most elite level of State security. I will not comment on these permits, further other than to say when you pull it out, it really opens peoples eyes.

ALWAYS a learning situation, each time you post, Yoni.
Thank you.
FAR more than blacks, but them too...Ill NEVER understand how any Jewish person would not DEMAND to armed to the f-ing teeth, after whats happened to them not only in living memory, but over millenia.
Blacks also should feel the same way I believe.
And Im SO GLAD to hear Orthodox Jews are going to temple armed...Praise God for that.
Let it be known us Southern Baptists aint sittin in church empty handed, either. My church has its own gunrange...was just there shooting yesterday.

SteyrAUG
02-11-21, 18:11
I am alive!

Thanks for getting me current.