PDA

View Full Version : Snow Piercer....TNT series.

duece71
02-10-21, 19:48
Anyone watching? Looks good. The movie was okay, just curious if TNT has done a decent job.

Arik
02-10-21, 20:11
Couldn't make it through the first episode. The movie was a little bit better but not by much. Story idea is interesting. Execution is not

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

BoringGuy45
02-10-21, 20:12
It's too weird of a concept for me to get into. The world falls into an ice age, and to save humanity, someone quickly builds a giant train that completely circles the Earth over and over and they put the remaining population onboard to live forever? Was there some deeper allegorical meaning to that?

Arik
02-10-21, 20:13
It's too weird of a concept for me to get into. The world falls into an ice age, and to save humanity, someone quickly builds a giant train that completely circles the Earth over and over and they put the remaining population onboard to live forever? Was there some deeper allegorical meaning to that?They put whom they can on the train, not the whole population. Everyone else freezes to death.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

ddbtoth
02-10-21, 20:21
No animals, 2 by 2? With Ed Harris being Noah?

OH58D
02-10-21, 21:19
I haven't seen a single episode, but it seems Jennifer Connelly stars in it? She's always been a handsome looking lady, at least in the estimate of this dirty old man....:bad:

BoringGuy45
02-10-21, 22:09
I haven't seen a single episode, but it seems Jennifer Connelly stars in it? She's always been a handsome looking lady, at least in the estimate of this dirty old man....:bad:

She's one who ages like a single malt Scotch.

No animals, 2 by 2? With Ed Harris being Noah?

AHH, now I get the parallel a bit. I didn't think of that.

SteyrAUG
02-10-21, 23:15
AHH, now I get the parallel a bit. I didn't think of that.

The problem is still, you can survive ON the train...but all of the critical infrastructure and support to keep that train moving down the tracks somehow can't stay alive is too much of a logical roadblock for me. It's just another poor vehicle (sorry) to tell the story of the super rich in luxury cars and the huddled masses who live in poverty in the other cars in another sad and pathetic retelling of Elysium.

And honestly, the fact that you are "living in poverty on the safety train" while the rest of the world freezes to death in a massive extinction event is also kinda bullshit that bumps hard against reality. If you rescue me from extinction, I'm not gonna fuss too much about "do I have a First Class ticket or coach?"

BoringGuy45
02-10-21, 23:49
The problem is still, you can survive ON the train...but all of the critical infrastructure and support to keep that train moving down the tracks somehow can't stay alive is too much of a logical roadblock for me. It's just another poor vehicle (sorry) to tell the story of the super rich in luxury cars and the huddled masses who live in poverty in the other cars in another sad and pathetic retelling of Elysium.

And honestly, the fact that you are "living in poverty on the safety train" while the rest of the world freezes to death in a massive extinction event is also kinda bullshit that bumps hard against reality. If you rescue me from extinction, I'm not gonna fuss too much about "do I have a First Class ticket or coach?"

All good points. The whole concept seems more like one of those bizarre dreams that makes total sense while you're asleep, but when you remember it after waking up, you immediately realize how weird it was.

SteyrAUG
02-11-21, 01:02
All good points. The whole concept seems more like one of those bizarre dreams that makes total sense while you're asleep, but when you remember it after waking up, you immediately realize how weird it was.

Like many things it's an interesting idea but not one that is interesting enough to justify a film or a book or a short story or a pamphlet. And it's also been done to death by hollywood so many times it isn't funny. I mean did we already forget the film "2012"?

joedirt199
02-11-21, 07:33
Just another way for hollywood to push the rich are assholes and keep the poor down. Movie sucked and am going to assume the series sucks. Just goes to show the new movie and tv writers have no new ideas and just remake or sequel old ones.

Adrenaline_6
02-11-21, 08:48

I agree. The logistics and tech required to achieve this (not that it is possible to begin with) would make building a self reliant, underground city structure more plausible. Cooling a nuclear power plant would be relatively easy. Getting water wouldn't be an issue either.

Looking further into this, it is caused by an artificial cooling agent, CW-7, that is released in the atmosphere and is too effective. It doesn't mention a timeline on the cooling event though.

mack7.62
02-11-21, 08:50
Wait a minute shouldn't this be about an air conditioned train trying to beat the heat? Thought the concept was beyond stupid when I first tried to watch the movie don't think making it a series is going to make it better.

Sikiguya
02-11-21, 09:05
You all do know that this is a sequel to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spiffums
02-11-21, 16:50
I had it set to record last year and I just now got around to watching it. It's not too bad and different enough from the movie to be "new". It's in the vein of The Walking Dead as it's a story sent in this whole end of the world event.

pag23
02-11-21, 17:13
I will pass...basically a big train travels around in the snow and yes, the logistics and supply would drive me nuts

Pachucko
02-11-21, 21:14
Anyone watching? Looks good. The movie was okay, just curious if TNT has done a decent job.

Personally think the series is much better than the movie. Granted I saw season one before seeing the movie so that may have affected my opinion. It’s entertaining SciFi, we like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WillBrink
02-12-21, 10:31

I can't get interested due the premise alone. It's just too goofy for me, giant train, none of which makes any sense. If I could get passed that, I'd check it out.

Honu
02-15-21, 04:06
tried got part part way through 1st episode and could not make it :)