PDA

View Full Version : SyFy- Resident Alien

Esq.
02-11-21, 08:44
Three shows in. Juvenile and funny, decent story line and characters.... I enjoy it, a guilty pleasure. This far along in the Black Death it's great to watch a new, mindless and funny show.

Arik
02-11-21, 09:23
Three shows in. Juvenile and funny, decent story line and characters.... I enjoy it, a guilty pleasure. This far along in the Black Death it's great to watch a new, mindless and funny show.Missed the second two but the first was funny

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Esq.
02-11-21, 10:15
Missed the second two but the first was funny

I missed the first two so I watched them on demand and then watched the new one last night.

glocktogo
02-11-21, 13:47
Three shows in. Juvenile and funny, decent story line and characters.... I enjoy it, a guilty pleasure. This far along in the Black Death it's great to watch a new, mindless and funny show.

Agreed!

Esq.
02-11-21, 13:59
Agreed!

Who is your favorite non alien character?

To me, it's the kid hands down. He cracks me up. A perfect rendition of a spunky boy of that age...."I think I feel a mosquito biting me" "Oh, watch out, a tower could fall on you".....Lol....I foresee the two of them actually teaming up at some point vs. the bullies at school....

Although Big Black is kinda funny and over the top too....

glocktogo
02-11-21, 14:18
Who is your favorite non alien character?

To me, it's the kid hands down. He cracks me up. A perfect rendition of a spunky boy of that age...."I think I feel a mosquito biting me" "Oh, watch out, a tower could fall on you".....Lol....I foresee the two of them actually teaming up at some point vs. the bullies at school....

Although Big Black is kinda funny and over the top too....

Big Black is ironically funny and I love how the kid flipped the script on Harry/Alien. Still, I think my favorite is Asta (Sara Tomko). I think her character development will grow well.

Jellybean
02-11-21, 21:18
The first couple episodes I saw were surprisingly funny.
That being said, I can tell from the vibe that A) this likely won't last long, and B) this will likely go the way most shows these day once they hook a viewership then turn it into a political platform.

***SPOILER***

I laughed my ass off when he broke into the kid's house, kid escaped the room, and he's flipping him off from under the bed as the kid leaves, then when he cut the kid's bike brake cables to try and 'accident' him. :laugh:

I like the fact that they made the kid his arch-nemesis not the usual 'smart detective that will handily turn love interest'.

Esq.
02-12-21, 08:31
The first couple episodes I saw were surprisingly funny.
That being said, I can tell from the vibe that A) this likely won't last long, and B) this will likely go the way most shows these day once they hook a viewership then turn it into a political platform.

***SPOILER***

I laughed my ass off when he broke into the kid's house, kid escaped the room, and he's flipping him off from under the bed as the kid leaves, then when he cut the kid's bike brake cables to try and 'accident' him. :laugh:

I like the fact that they made the kid his arch-nemesis not the usual 'smart detective that will handily turn love interest'.
-----FURTHER SPOILERS------

The kid leaves him sputtering and mumbling every time despite the Aliens "superior intelligence"! I loved the scene where he's sitting in bed trying to sleep and going through his "to do list"...."find dead body in the lake, find spaceship.... kill kid...buy milk, definitely milk, and cereal?"

The fact that they call the Mayor, "Mayor Snowflake" and that he is clearly a weak character while the brutally honest Alien-(Because of your vehicle?...Lol...) who has come to kill the entire human race is made likeable, gives me some hope that it won't be a full on PC bullshit fest.

glocktogo
02-12-21, 11:40
-----FURTHER SPOILERS------

The kid leaves him sputtering and mumbling every time despite the Aliens "superior intelligence"! I loved the scene where he's sitting in bed trying to sleep and going through his "to do list"...."find dead body in the lake, find spaceship.... kill kid...buy milk, definitely milk, and cereal?"

The fact that they call the Mayor, "Mayor Snowflake" and that he is clearly a weak character while the brutally honest Alien-(Because of your vehicle?...Lol...) who has come to kill the entire human race is made likeable, gives me some hope that it won't be a full on PC bullshit fest.

There certainly have been some un-PC words and sentiments uttered! LOL

BIGUGLY
02-12-21, 15:07
Very enjoyable. Like the main actor and its comical how hard he tries to fit in.

Arik
02-12-21, 16:44
Googling those words in Ep1 was hilarious