PDA

View Full Version : IR Illuminators/laser modules in 2021

hotrodder636
02-12-21, 06:52
I did some digging/searching on here and haven’t found a recent thread on IR illuminators in quite a few years. I am looking for info on a good weapon mounted system. Yes, I am aware of the MAWL but wondering about other options out there. School me.

Lowdown3
02-12-21, 08:33
A lot of folks are pairing a DBAL-A3 or 9007 with an Luna ELIR3, saving some bucks and having similar performance.

The Luna is hands down the best and most cost effective illuminator on the market. You would need an aiming laser to couple with it however.

Eurodriver
02-12-21, 09:21
A lot of folks are pairing a DBAL-A3 or 9007 with an Luna ELIR3, saving some bucks and having similar performance.

The Luna is hands down the best and most cost effective illuminator on the market. You would need an aiming laser to couple with it however.

Robert speaks big facts.

I love the DBAL 9007 as it’s cost effective and I have no need for a visible laser. Coupled with an LED illuminator & TAPS it’s as good as my needs require.

diving dave
02-12-21, 09:40
If a simple IR pointer will fill the need, the Steiner mini TOR is a neat little unit . And very friendly on the wallet. Santa gave me one this year, and mounted up on a 300 BO it works great. Coupled it with a surefire IR light head.

Corse
02-12-21, 10:30
If a simple IR pointer will fill the need, the Steiner mini TOR is a neat little unit . And very friendly on the wallet. Santa gave me one this year, and mounted up on a 300 BO it works great. Coupled it with a surefire IR light head.

I’m using the same setup on a rattler. It works well, but the ergonomics leave something to be desired since there is no remote switch for the TOR.

titsonritz
02-13-21, 01:37

I'm wondering how that would compare to a Modlite IR-850 (https://modlite.com/collections/light-heads/products/modlite-ir-850-light-head) couple with a IR laser.

Ironman8
02-13-21, 08:16
I’ve mentioned this before in other threads but I’m using a CQBL paired with an IR light on a Unity TAPS Sync.

I was originally using a Modlite IR850 but recently picked up the Malkoff EXIR250 from Arisaka and think that’s the way I’ll end up going.

Benefits of this setup for me are numerous.
Cost - can dang near buy 3 of these setups for every one MAWL
Modular - can take the light off when not using NODS
Size/Weight - comparable to what’s on the market for all in one units, but can be smaller/lighter without the light attached
Slaved lasers on CQBL (not the case for DBAL IR 9000 series units) allow me to zero during the day (and yes the vis laser sucks for most of the daylight hours)

Lowdown3
02-13-21, 08:20
I'm wondering how that would compare to a Modlite IR-850 (https://modlite.com/collections/light-heads/products/modlite-ir-850-light-head) couple with a IR laser.

The Luna is fully adjustable for power and beam. Dial it down to a light sabre at distance or open the flood to wider FOV than your NODs at shorter range. Power is fully adjustable as well.

Pikey
02-16-21, 08:53
How does the Perst-4 compare to some of the Steiner offerings such as DBAL or CQBL? The price of the Perst is the deciding factor for most people but what would be given up with some of the cheaper ir illuminations/lasers?

GTF425
02-16-21, 09:20

I second this- a DBAL-A3 with a quality IR LED light will serve you well. I'm running a TAPS Sync switch to take advantage of the M620V on my rifle.

For an idea about what kind of performance to expect from a 620V- the plate rack in the vid below is 50 yards out and was crystal clear from my POV. Anecdotally, I'll use the laser's illuminator for more point-illumination (like a balcony/window) at distances greater than 50ish yards, and the 620V handles everything else.

https://youtu.be/Sjn9-6RT0RE

Eurodriver
02-17-21, 17:25
I second this- a DBAL-A3 with a quality IR LED light will serve you well. I'm running a TAPS Sync switch to take advantage of the M620V on my rifle.

For an idea about what kind of performance to expect from a 620V- the plate rack in the vid below is 50 yards out and was crystal clear from my POV. Anecdotally, I'll use the laser's illuminator for more point-illumination (like a balcony/window) at distances greater than 50ish yards, and the 620V handles everything else.

https://youtu.be/Sjn9-6RT0RE

That’s good shooting. If I were a tyrant I’d fear you.

02-17-21, 19:26
If you intend to get a MAWL, I’d take a gander here to avoid getting burned by a vendor: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?228660-Operational-Detachment-Source&p=2929473#post2929473

I’m currently rocking a Modlight IR 940, which is OK. I wish for more throw. T2/Scalarworks 1.9” works quite nicely, just have to remember to change the setting, so its not great for transitioning from IR to white light at an entrance. Dual illuminated RMR is actually pretty decent for that. Something I need to explore more, perhaps as a piggyback. I need to test that somewhere with black matte walls.

DBAL D2 is as good as the MAWL-C+ in output. In fact, its rather impressive. I’m in the market for a FP PEQ-15 for a clone, BTW. They work better than some guntubers imply. I like the button on top and the standardized switch port.

Perst has impressive output, but falls short in other ways.

Lowdown3
02-19-21, 08:33
If you intend to get a MAWL, I’d take a gander here to avoid getting burned by a vendor: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?228660-Operational-Detachment-Source&p=2929473#post2929473

I’m currently rocking a Modlight IR 940, which is OK. I wish for more throw. T2/Scalarworks 1.9” works quite nicely, just have to remember to change the setting, so its not great for transitioning from IR to white light at an entrance. Dual illuminated RMR is actually pretty decent for that. Something I need to explore more, perhaps as a piggyback. I need to test that somewhere with black matte walls.

DBAL D2 is as good as the MAWL-C+ in output. In fact, its rather impressive. I’m in the market for a FP PEQ-15 for a clone, BTW. They work better than some guntubers imply. I like the button on top and the standardized switch port.

Perst has impressive output, but falls short in other ways.

Sorry to hear you got screwed. Call your card immediately and dispute the charge right away. If they give you crap about the time involved tell them you were informed there was a lead time with the product, hence why you waited a bit to give the vendor a chance to deliver the product.

There is a reason your card shouldn't be charged until an order is shipping out- it's the ethical way to do business. If a business doesn't have enough "float" (cash of their own) to finance their business there is no reason for YOU to finance it for them. And that's exactly what's happening when a company charges your card upfront for something that won't ship for months- they are using YOUR money to finance THEIR business.

02-19-21, 08:50
I hear you. Resolution in progress with the vendor. That thread got me the phone call I needed that night. I’ll remove that link and update the currently locked thread when my resolution is satisfactory.

FWIW, info provided by BEMeyers after that thread was started matches info provided by the vendor in that phone call.

You have any MAWLs laying around?

Sorry to hear you got screwed. Call your card immediately and dispute the charge right away. If they give you crap about the time involved tell them you were informed there was a lead time with the product, hence why you waited a bit to give the vendor a chance to deliver the product.

There is a reason your card shouldn't be charged until an order is shipping out- it's the ethical way to do business. If a business doesn't have enough "float" (cash of their own) to finance their business there is no reason for YOU to finance it for them. And that's exactly what's happening when a company charges your card upfront for something that won't ship for months- they are using YOUR money to finance THEIR business.

Eurodriver
02-19-21, 08:51

I refuse to give someone money if a product isn’t ready to ship. I don’t need whatever it is badly enough to have to place my trust in them that they will do the right thing when they hold thousands of my shekels.

1168 got his issue sorted out, so that’s good.

Lowdown3
02-19-21, 08:53
I hear you. Resolution in progress with the vendor. That thread got me the phone call I needed that night. I’ll remove that link and update the currently locked thread when my resolution is satisfactory.

FWIW, info provided by BEMeyers after that thread was started matches info provided by the vendor in that phone call.

Glad to hear it.

We don't sell the MAWL.

titsonritz
02-19-21, 09:10

I'm kicking myself in the ass for not picking one up when Big Tex sent me an email they had them in stock. :mad:

02-19-21, 09:21
I'm kicking myself in the ass for not picking one up when Big Tex sent me an email they had them in stock. :mad:

I passed on at least 3 opportunities that I know of because I already had one backordered and paid for.

utahjeepr
02-19-21, 11:03
There are aspects of the MAWL that I like. The size for one. Mounting it high on the right with a white light below seems like a good set up. I also like the easy selectability and dual function buttons. Control position can't really be adjusted by the user much, but sometimes too much freedom leads to overthinking vs just learning the system. I'm sure I'd learn it easy enough. What I don't like is the price. Basically the same money as a full power PEQ new in the bag. Not saying they are gouging, it costs money to innovate and make product. Just comparing on what I find of value.

As mentioned, the Steiner OTAL is a pretty good value. It's a no brainer for mounting on backup/secondary guns. Not that it can't be used as your primary, just saying it lends itself to buying in bulk. Yes, you need to pair it with illum. but stand alone can allow for some freedom in your selections. Works with standard laser switches.

Personally for my money my primary in the dark monster hunter is the full power PEQ. Yeah, it's old school. Guess what... it still works as intended even if it ain't tip of the spear cool. They are vetted and pretty much bulletproof. They are switch controllable, or there is the easy button right there on top. Switching modes in the dark can be a pain, but experience and familiarity help. The "standard" full power 15 is easily available new, legally, if a little "grey market". I run an LA-5B. Same unit with hotter high illum. and a hotter vis laser. The 5s are a small premium over the 15 but I like the extra illum. I also like the hotter vis laser. Sure it is a little more useful as a daylight laser, but mostly it helps get a good zero at range with the slaved IR laser.

I honestly don't know enough about the DBALs to say anything of value. I can't even keep track of which one is which. Same with the Russian job.

I had a chance to play with a RAPTAR. Not much, I didn't really even get a handle on its capabilities. I would love to really learn/run one. It seems pretty awesome. At a basic level it's a PEQ with a rangefinder, but the controllability of it seemed cool.

That's my .02. In for more info.

Oh, can we get a dedicated "Do S#!t in the Dark" area. I appreciate the work it takes to make and operate this forum. I couldn't do it. It's just that lights, lasers, NODs, thermal,... the posts end up scattered about. A nightlarper section would be awesome.

02-19-21, 11:44
The "standard" full power 15 is easily available new, legally,

Where can I buy a new FP PEQ15 or LA5 right now?

I honestly don't know enough about the DBALs to say anything of value. I can't even keep track of which one is which. yeah, I feel like I need a PHD to sort through Steiner’s laser catalog. Kinda like Holosun’s dot catalog.

Oh, can we get a dedicated "Do S#!t in the Dark" area. I appreciate the work it takes to make and operate this forum. I couldn't do it. It's just that lights, lasers, NODs, thermal,... the posts end up scattered about. A nightlarper section would be awesome.
Moderators, a forum for vampires, please.

Lowdown3
02-19-21, 11:49

We have offered to sponsor an NV forum here.

02-19-21, 11:53
Allow me to go on record offering to help moderate it. I promise not to say any crazy shit there.

docsherm
02-22-21, 19:14
We have offered to sponsor an NV forum here.

I tried to get one going last year here. I was shot down......

See link:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?214954-Dedicated-NV-category

mig1nc
03-02-21, 08:24
There's a new company, no affiliation, coming out with a great form factor VCSEL based laser like the MAWL. They're trying to get a class-1+ variance from the FDA like BE Meyers did.

https://www.z-bolt-laser-systems.com/

I'm holding off on buying another laser until we see more from them.

One thing I like about it is that the aiming lasers are centred over the bore like the Steiner CQBL-1. So you don't have to think about parallel zero or anything like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dbazz
04-23-21, 22:06
I've been looking for an IR illuminator to go with my Perst 4. Something high quality, rugged with similar power capabilities.

Many are using the Luna ELIR-3, one of the few stand-alone illuminators with full power on tap. It does have some downsides though. There've been complaints about the design and build quality, bulky mounting system, sensitivity to recoil and its exposed power control dial. It also doesn't have a weatherproof rating.

On the positive side, the potential output is comparable to the full power DBAL-A3 (80mw) and LA-5B (80mw).

So when I came across a unit with more power than the ELIR-3 I was curious. I'd never heard of it since it's never been advertised or sold in the US...the Electrooptic IR 530-850 Digital laser illuminator.

Electrooptic (EO) has been making night vision equipment since 1996 based in Belarus. The ELIR-3 is also made in Belarus...by Dipol.

I ordered the EO unit on the 16th and it got here on the 20th via UPS from Hungary. Not sure if that was a fluke but impressive. Am on a trip at the moment so can't do full testing, but wanted to share details/impressions so far.

Build quality: CNC milled T6 aluminum, 500g rating for recoil, tested to .375 H&H. Has a rugged, high quality feel
Size/weight: 4.8 inches/3.2 oz; ELIR-3 is same length but plastic construction makes it 15 grams lighter
Appearance: modern shape compared to the tube-with-a-dial look of the ELIR-3
Wavelength: 850nm (785nm for the ELIR-3)
Laser class: 3B
Power: adjustable - low, med, high and turbo. High is 150mw, turbo is 300mw. ELIR-3 max output is 70mw. (Ultra High Power LA-5C = 200mw)
Power-On Indicator: recessed LED power-on indicator with different intensity for each power level - blinks in turbo mode
Power Control: button on top has a firm feel and is mounted inside a protective ring to prevent accidental activation
Power memory: on/off and power status maintained if battery is removed
Focus: wide focal control (.5-20 degrees). ELIR-3 is .1-5 degrees. Limited beam spread is a limitation of both ELIR-3 and the Perst-3
Focus Ring: nice action, not too loose or tight with solid end stop. Lots of travel, not a quick throw design
Lens: appears to be high quality glass. Diode is set deep inside the body to reduce glow
Range: specs say 800m at 1 degree but new model goes down to .5 so it may go a bit further
Windage & Elevation: recessed adjustments with protective outer rings...small 2mm hex screws but a beefy setup overall
Battery: 1x CR123 or 16340 battery w run-time 4-20 hours (ELIR-3 claims "up to" 4 hours on CR123...not rated for 16340)
Mount: small removable picatinny mount attached with hex screws, allowing use of custom mounts (ELIR-3 mount is built-in)
Weatherproofing: IPX6 - not submersible but otherwise waterproof. ELIR-3 not rated
Temperature rating: -20°С to +50°С (ELIR-3 not rated)
Warranty: 2-years (ELIR-3 is 1 year). Service is done within EU, not Belarus, to avoid shipping delays

Dipol L2 850 is the more powerful (100mw) EU version of the ELIR-3.

Downsides:

No tailcap/pressure switch. I've contacted EO to ask if there will be one offered...as well as safety lens cover and diffuser.

If they don't make a tailcap, it'd be easy enough to make an adapter to fit Surefire switches, like Luna makes for the ELIR-3. The unit remembers on/off/power settings when removing the battery so it should work fine. It'd also be fairly simple to make a lens cover and diffuser.

Overall, the illuminator looks promising. Expensive but well worth the $75 bump over the ELIR-3 IMO. It's priced in euros so the amount will fluctuate depending on the strength of the dollar.

A variation was released a few days ago with the same body but an analog power dial instead of pushbutton control. Max output is 250mw. I've ordered one so I can compare the units side-by-side.

Mike Miller
04-26-21, 18:09
That definitely looks like an upgrade for people that use the ELIR as a handheld illuminator.

I hope you get a tailcap adapter sorted out.

The ELIR-3 does have a removable mount, though. It has some extensions that come out of the body, similar to a Surefire Scout Light. The picatinny adapter is connected with soft Phillips head M3 screws. I'd suggest replacing them with hex or torx head stainless screws, and use some low strength purple Loctite

dbazz
04-27-21, 16:08
That definitely looks like an upgrade for people that use the ELIR as a handheld illuminator.

I hope you get a tailcap adapter sorted out.

The ELIR-3 does have a removable mount, though. It has some extensions that come out of the body, similar to a Surefire Scout Light. The picatinny adapter is connected with soft Phillips head M3 screws. I'd suggest replacing them with hex or torx head stainless screws, and use some low strength purple Loctite

The thin mounting plate of the ELIR-3 comes off but the body extension makes it hard to mount the illuminator close in to the rail. A straight tube design allowing standard ring mounts would've been better for this IMO.

The EO unit mounted directly to an offset mount should tuck in nicely. Using the top button will work fine for me until a tail cap adapter is available.

If EO doesn't make one fairly soon I'll probably fabricate something...should be pretty straightforward.

LimeSpoon
06-10-21, 18:47
A civilian legal version of the next-gen Raid-Xe is planned for release this October - just in case anyone here is interested.

mig1nc
06-13-21, 12:27
A civilian legal version of the next-gen Raid-Xe is planned for release this October - just in case anyone here is interested.

Any idea of price? Similar to the retail price of the current restricted version?

ToeheadAR
06-16-21, 10:36
I have heard and seen a lot of good reviews on the Holosun LS321 series which is about $800 or less. It has an adjustable IR illuminator which is slaved with the IR laser and visible laser. Green and red options are available. I just bought one but I haven't tested it because I may sell it and use the money for my first suppressor instead. I have a Streamlight TLR-VIR II now which is good for my use so far which has IR laser/illuminator but no vis laser.

Matt in TN
06-17-21, 16:35
I have a Streamlight TLR-VIR II now which is good for my use so far which has IR laser/illuminator but no vis laser.

I just bought one of these as well and so far am impressed.

Manofmayhem
06-19-21, 19:02
I just bought one of these as well and so far am impressed.How is the illumination? How far would you say the illumination is effective and the laser distance? Are you able to use the laser without the IR illuminator?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

06-19-21, 19:18
How is the illumination? How far would you say the illumination is effective and the laser distance? Are you able to use the laser without the IR illuminator?

Laser and illuminator activation is slaved on the TLR VIR II. Laser is pretty good, comparable to other decent “civ” lasers. I’ll compare directly to the MAWL C soon. Maybe tonight if I’m still bored. Edit: Did so. It looks roughly the same as a MAWL C pointer.

The illuminator is intended for short range use, and performance is as expected. Its pretty loud up close, falls off with distance quickly. It’ll do what you really need with a pistol at night.

I did notice I had to max the elevation adjustment on a Gen4 G19, and even then, the zero is only good at CQB distances. (Edit: I talked to a Streamlight engineer, and he said it was a defect and I should contact customer service and send it in. I’m currently happy with it on a G19.5, so maybe later) The dustcover just has soooo much slant to it, so that gun will mostly get shot through the RMR. I got a great zero on a Gen 5 G19. I’m hoping to try out some other pistols, but that might go on the backburner, since I shoot Glocks, anyway.

Matt in TN
06-21-21, 16:25
How is the illumination? How far would you say the illumination is effective and the laser distance? Are you able to use the laser without the IR illuminator?

Agreed with everything 1168 says. This guy does a pretty good review that compares it to a DBAL A3: https://youtu.be/N6MpPjn0lFo Spoiler alert: it is NOT a DBAL, and I don't think it's meant to be. It's more of a floodlight as opposed to the DBAL's spotlight - which for a pistol is better anyway.

Right now mine's mounted on a 300BLK pistol, and it was within an inch of my 50 yd zero when I mounted it. Adjustment was easy and I'm happy with it. The laser "dot" is bigger than I'd like at 50 yds, but since it's primarily designed for a pistol I'd say it's about perfect and I'm using it outside its design parameters.

I didn't like that you couldn't turn on the IR laser without the light at first, but the more that I think about it the more I can't think of a situation where I'd need to do that. So slaving them together probably makes a lot of sense.

LimeSpoon
06-23-21, 14:00
Any idea of price? Similar to the retail price of the current restricted version?

Haven't heard anything about the price yet, but if the MAWL and PEQ-15 are anything to go by, probably so.

JediGuy
09-18-21, 12:50
@ironman

With your CQBL and illuminator combination, do options exist where I could have the visible laser fire with a white light and IR laser with an illuminator?
How is battery life and “power” with the CQBL?

TMS951
10-05-21, 15:13
I’ll throw in a couple opinions here.

I have a stiener cqbl with surefire IR scout 300. Tnvc dual switch to control them. This set up is small, light, quality and about 1200$. White and IR light, slaved vis and IR lasers. For a civi fda approved set up I think its tough to beat. An added little bonus I like is the turning bezel on the sure allows an off position.

The mawl sounds super nice. But not for that money. I would buy a mawl over others if it was full power. I can’t.

…but I can readily buy a new in package peq15 full power. It’s about 2500$, so actually less than a low power mawl.

Lastly this thread makes me want to piece together a ghetto full power com lock set up with a perst and a evir.

Defaultmp3
10-05-21, 15:24
The mawl sounds super nice. But not for that money. I would buy a mawl over others if it was full power. I can’t.What use-case do you foresee yourself needing a full-power pointer? The C1+ can push out 67 mW if need be out its illuminator, after all. I know a lot of folks that would take a C1+ over an LA5 in a heartbeat.

TMS951
10-05-21, 15:48
My experience is with a cqbl .7mw and a full power peq15.

I find with the cqbl the laser is “enough to get by” but I often finding myself wanting it brighter.

The civi laser starts to wash out
-in higher ambient light like full moon and street lights.
-with any ir illumination

At distance you certainly want for more power.

Now at 1200$ and quad output as well as factory support the cqbl/surefire is hard to beat for me still.

With my full power peq15 I find myself using the full power often. I’d say at least half the time. Some time full power is too much. Depends on ambient light conditions and range.

So to me for 3000k for a mawl does not seem worth it to me. I’ve never used one, but I know how good the laser could possibly be. I do how ever feel of you had unlimited power to work with that all of the setting on the mawl seem like they would be awesome and super useful. I do say this having not having used a civi mawl, but I’m not paying 3k to find out. I’d rather have a full power peq15 and some serious change left over.

10-06-21, 04:28
I have a FP Peq 15. Honestly, I like my MAWL-C better. The switching is just better, IMO. I like not having to twist the illuminator focus in a mixed environment. They’re both good, though. They have different strengths. I do wish the MAWL price would come down, but that seems unlikely.

Sidenote, I played with an ATPIAL-C the other day. It is totally inadequate as an illuminator in mixed lighting with like streetlights and such. Non-cloners would be better served with a LED IR flashlight.

vandal5
10-24-21, 11:50
Looking to get my first laser and was leaning towards the DBAL D2. From the research I have done (looking at reviews comparing multiple laser units to each other), I think the biggest drawback to it is the weight. After watching multiple videos it seems that the laser is on par with other civilian class lasers but the illuminator is much brighter and can be adjusted to either a wide spill or a more narrow beam. The beam pattern also seems to be more consistent through out the entirety of the beam when compared to some other laser illumiators and IR flashlights.

For context I am not Mil or LE, just regular old boring dude looking to get into night vision.

Maybe I would be better served with a CQBL-1 or OTAL-C with separate illuminator?

Trying to finalize my list for a complete NV set up. Will create a separate tread for that.

Lowdown3
10-24-21, 11:59
D2 is a good unit, it's a chunky thing though. The illuminator is better than most IR laser/IR illuminator combos on the market.

A lot of folks have been utilizing something like an OTAL-C or 9007 DBAL-I2 with a Luna ELIR3 illuminator for great results at a low cost.

My main training rifle has a Luna on one side of the front and a 9007 on the other and it's relatively well balanced. If I need to really get out there distance wise with an Illuminator the Luna will do it.

Trying to finalize my list for a complete NV set up.

We are seeing yet another wave of new buyers in NV. One thing to note is that -like most things now a days- there is some long lead times and availability issues with various products - NV, IR lasers, thermal imagers, etc. So be sure to plan ahead, in some cases that might mean months out. And also be flexible if you need to get something quick. D2s for example- Steiner has gone 6 months without any available, then a ton come in, then nothing again for 3-5 months.

vandal5
10-24-21, 15:43
D2 is a good unit, it's a chunky thing though. The illuminator is better than most IR laser/IR illuminator combos on the market.

A lot of folks have been utilizing something like an OTAL-C or 9007 DBAL-I2 with a Luna ELIR3 illuminator for great results at a low cost.

My main training rifle has a Luna on one side of the front and a 9007 on the other and it's relatively well balanced. If I need to really get out there distance wise with an Illuminator the Luna will do it.

We are seeing yet another wave of new buyers in NV. One thing to note is that -like most things now a days- there is some long lead times and availability issues with various products - NV, IR lasers, thermal imagers, etc. So be sure to plan ahead, in some cases that might mean months out. And also be flexible if you need to get something quick. D2s for example- Steiner has gone 6 months without any available, then a ton come in, then nothing again for 3-5 months.

Hello Robert,

Thank you for the info, it is much appreciated. Based on all the kind words about you posted here and elsewhere I was actually planning on reaching out to you once I am ready to start making purchases.

Lowdown3
10-24-21, 15:44
Hello Robert,

Thank you for the info, it is much appreciated. Based on all the kind words about you posted here and elsewhere I was actually planning on reaching out to you once I am ready to start making purchases.

Thanks. When you do, be sure to mention M4 Carbine so we can discount whatever you decide on.