02-23-21, 16:00
Tiger Woods suffers leg injuries after rolling his car in Rancho Palos Verdes

https://www.foxnews.com/

markm
02-23-21, 16:29
Driving can be hard.

Coal Dragger
02-23-21, 16:29
Hmmm sounds like someone was booze cruising.

themonk
02-23-21, 16:41
Driving can be hard.

Especially when you sprinkle percocets on your pancakes.

Johnny Rico
02-23-21, 16:44
It's dry and a balmy 73° in Rancho Palos Verdes. Single car crash? That means he had no one to blame but himself.

I'm glad no one else was hurt by his probable reckless driving.

utahjeepr
02-23-21, 17:25
Was anyone trying to beat him with a golf club this time?

titsonritz
02-23-21, 17:34
Was he getting a BJ at the time or just impaired?

Sam
02-23-21, 17:52
Articles said that Woods was alone in the car and initial report from the police said Woods did not appear to be impaired.

Inkslinger
02-23-21, 18:02
Don’t care. I’m sure many people were seriously injured or died in car crashes today. But he hits a little ball with a stick better than them so....

HMM
02-23-21, 18:07
Ever since that hottie kicked him to the curb for being a dirt bag he sure has had some bad luck...lol

gaijin
02-23-21, 18:47
Driving can be hard.

Very.

SteyrAUG
02-23-21, 22:46
I almost don't even understand why this is news.

Probably 100 people died today in auto accidents through no fault of their own. That somebody used to play golf and that merits special attention is sad.

Averageman
02-23-21, 23:09
I think we are seeing the circling of the drain and it makes me sad.

TommyG
02-24-21, 06:40
I almost don't even understand why this is news.

Probably 100 people died today in auto accidents through no fault of their own. That somebody used to play golf and that merits special attention is sad.

Distracts people from other things they don't want you pay attention to.

JDH1
02-24-21, 07:36
Poor tiger was held up leaving the hotel by another car loading luggage making him late for a t time. Leaving the hotel he nearly clipped another car and sped off, according to witnesses.

mike_f
02-24-21, 09:21
Why is someone that's probably a billionaire driving himself around anywhere? Especially considering his previous driving history. It seems like either he or his sponsors would hire a vetted, private driver for him.

In addition, I can't believe he's going anywhere on his own. Seems like someone of his wealth and fame should have a dedicated security team.

markm
02-24-21, 13:38
Especially when you sprinkle percocets on your pancakes.

Lol! No doubt.

rushca01
02-24-21, 14:26
I’m not Tiger fan or sympathizer but lot’s of people jumping to conclusions without having the facts yet....

TomMcC
02-24-21, 14:26
Why is someone that's probably a billionaire driving himself around anywhere? Especially considering his previous driving history. It seems like either he or his sponsors would hire a vetted, private driver for him.

In addition, I can't believe he's going anywhere on his own. Seems like someone of his wealth and fame should have a dedicated security team.

I saw a recent picture of Bill Gates standing in a line at a burger joint like all the other schmoes. IDK, maybe they just want to try and live like regular folks...at least a little.

Warp
02-24-21, 17:40
I’m not Tiger fan or sympathizer but lot’s of people jumping to conclusions without having the facts yet....

Right?

It's amazing how perfectly infallible some people on the internet are. Sounds like Tiger should be hiring some of the above posters to drive him as it would guarantee no accident ever, they're just that good

AndyLate
02-24-21, 20:53
Articles said that Woods was alone in the car and initial report from the police said Woods did not appear to be impaired.

I saw the video - that cat was so wasted he could not heel-to-toe for two steps without falling down.
Andy

utahjeepr
02-25-21, 13:23
It's the road. It treacherously follows the terrain instead of being safely flat.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/la-county-supervisor-safety-review-tiger-woods-crash

titsonritz
02-25-21, 13:52
It's the road. It treacherously follows the terrain instead of being safely flat.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/la-county-supervisor-safety-review-tiger-woods-crash

'Even if you're not accelerating, just by gravity alone you're going to start going faster,' the Los Angeles County sheriff says

"Anyone who has driven the stretch of Hawthorne Blvd where Tiger Woods crashed his car will tell you how easy it is to pick up speed on that hill," Hahn tweeted of the curvy road where Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva said 13 crashes have occurred in the last year.

What do we have here, Sir Isaac Newton? Surprise, vehicles speed up when they go down hill.

Coal Dragger
02-25-21, 15:27
Isn’t that one reason why automobiles have brakes? Crazy right?

TomMcC
02-25-21, 15:40
I've driven up in Palos Verdes. It's quite hilly and some of the streets are narrow. The traffic can be heavy also at 7AM with commuters. You have to be paying extra attention up there (Palos Verdes is a large hill). If not, you can pick up speed pretty quick on certain downhills. I guess the Tiger was just too broke to pay extra attention to his speed that day (a blues lyric).

titsonritz
02-25-21, 15:59
All I have to say is, "Stay off Hwy 1, Tiger, especially south bound."

Averageman
02-25-21, 16:39
You know his life and career have had a couple of "self inflicted wounds" for like, what two decades now?
I wish him the best for what he used to be to so many of us and I hope if he needs help he gets it.

eightmillimeter
02-25-21, 21:22

Absolutely. Tiger was messed up for a long time and somehow managed to come back.

Tiger’s own arrogance got him squarely in the position he was in (pre-crash), his swing coaches for years have been trying to get him to dial it back so he didn’t blow his back out before he was 45.... he didn’t listen enough.

That said, he was driving way to damn fast, and crashed. Case closed. Was on pills who knows, but it doesn’t matter at this point.

Lacos
02-25-21, 21:29
I’m thinking, texting while driving

utahjeepr
02-25-21, 21:42
I'm just glad that if l crash my shit tomorrow, it's between me the cops and my insurance. Nobody else is gonna care. I mean, he put his life in the spotlight that's on him. It's just gotta suck to live there.

Warp
02-25-21, 21:44
I’m thinking, texting while driving

Why do you think that?

utahjeepr
02-25-21, 21:48
Maybe it was a statement.

Lacos is thinking about Tiger and texting on M4C, when he should be paying attention to driving.:cool:

titsonritz
02-25-21, 21:49
Maybe it was a statement.

Lacos is thinking about Tiger and texting on M4C, when he should be paying attention to driving.:cool:

:laugh:

Lacos
02-25-21, 23:29
Why do you think that?

Crash simulation of accident shows Tiger drifting into center divider, jumping center divider and proceeding out of control across opposing lanes and rolling down embankment.
What caused him to hit center divider? Maybe texting, maybe talking on phone? maybe?
He was running late to meeting.
Texting, a guess on my part on what might have been a cause. I could be totally wrong.

VLODPG
02-26-21, 06:41

They were awful quick to announce that,especially since there are no toxicology test results.

Averageman
02-26-21, 07:29
They were awful quick to announce that, especially since there are no toxicology test results.

The Chief of Police came out and said this morning that Tiger Woods was not impaired at the time of the accident.

Warp
02-26-21, 08:39
They were awful quick to announce that,especially since there are no toxicology test results.

Do you need toxicology reports to observe whether or not a person you have direct contact with "appears to be impaired"?

Some of you guys are no better than the desperate housewives and tabloids, geez.

sgtrock82
02-26-21, 16:32
They were awful quick to announce that,especially since there are no toxicology test results.He must have been pretty quick with a donation to the local FOP

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

titsonritz
02-26-21, 16:56
Do you need toxicology reports to observe whether or not a person you have direct contact with "appears to be impaired"?

Some of you guys are no better than the desperate housewives and tabloids, geez.

Yeah, seeing as how the majority of single vehicle accidents are almost always a mechanical issue, usually turns out to be the nut holding the steering wheel to the seat.

Warp
02-26-21, 17:16
Yeah, seeing as how the majority of single vehicle accidents are almost always a mechanical issue, usually turns out to be the nut holding the steering wheel to the seat.

I think you missed the question.

Do you need a toxicology report to observe whether or not a person you have direct contact with "appears to be impaired"?

Statistics of single vehicle accidents are not a factor in this question.

eightmillimeter
02-26-21, 18:07
I think you missed the question.

Do you need a toxicology report to observe whether or not a person you have direct contact with "appears to be impaired"?

Statistics of single vehicle accidents are not a factor in this question.

I find it perfectly reasonable if they were able to observe and talk to him if they didn’t think he was impaired then in most states there’s no legal basis to request a test, this situation is no different. There is no need to assume he was DUI based on events many years ago.

HOWEVER.... saying he could have picked up some “speed” because he was going “downhill,”. That’s bull. He was hauling ass.

SteveS
05-05-21, 17:05
Tiger is the O.J of the golf world.

titsonritz
05-05-21, 17:56

Who'd he kill or rob?

utahjeepr
05-05-21, 19:27
Who'd he kill or rob?

This^^^

He cheated on his wife, she beat his ass with a golf club til he bolted and crashed his car. Then she wailed on him s'more.

Now he crashes again.

So he can't keep it in his pants and he drives like shit. Long way from stabbing two people to death.

Warp
05-05-21, 19:29

Possibly being a bad driver (one accident that wasn't due to obvious exigent circumstances, as far as we know) is pretty damn far from being a literal stab-them-to-death murder