PDA

View Full Version : Black Rifle Tactical Gas Tubes

Eurodriver
03-03-21, 09:15
Howdy,

I run suppressed on a few rifles exclusively. Some have Gemtech SBCs some dont. Some have mini cans some have full size cans. Some are 16” some are 10.5”. I always shoot quality 5.56 but sometimes Wolf Gold (even though it is horribly inconsistent - https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?215838-My-review-of-Wolf-Gold-Edit-Post-83-batch-testing-pics )

BRT has a million choices which to select. Barrel length, bolt carrier, ammo used, etc.

How reliable is BRT in selecting the correct gas tube size for reliable use (but also effective at reducing over gassing)?

Clint
03-03-21, 09:40
The preset tubes are available for the most popular configurations.

On the configurable tubes, we get sizing correct on the first try better than 95% of the time.

When an adjustment is required, it is almost always due to some weird components being used.

There's over 100 comments in the EZTUNE thread here.
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?218722-BRT-EZTUNE-Gas-Tubes/page3

https://blackrivertactical.com/WP/Adjustable-Gas-Drive-c6464009

markm
03-03-21, 10:32
How reliable is BRT in selecting the correct gas tube size for reliable use (but also effective at reducing over gassing)?

Pappabear had at least 2 spec'd by BRT, and they were spot on. The tubes are very effective.

Pappabear
03-04-21, 13:05
Just give him as much specifics and what you want. He should nail. I told him I’m going to run 100% and my gun almost has enough umph to cycle but not consistent. Which is what I wanted. I didn’t want to sacrifice reliability because I run shit dirty and dry way too often.

Mine where for LMT MWS guns which are gassed so the would run any countries shit dirty crappy surplus ammo, (is my guess) military grade weapons.

PB

Eurodriver
03-05-21, 06:44
Thanks for the info guys. I’m always interested in ways to reduce gas that don’t involve set screws and moving parts.

gaijin
03-05-21, 07:13
I'm running two as well Euro, no complaints.
The one on an 11.5" BCM barrel made a significant improvement.

officerX
03-05-21, 08:42
The preset tubes are available for the most popular configurations.

On the configurable tubes, we get sizing correct on the first try better than 95% of the time.

When an adjustment is required, it is almost always due to some weird components being used.

There's over 100 comments in the EZTUNE thread here.
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?218722-BRT-EZTUNE-Gas-Tubes/page3

https://blackrivertactical.com/WP/Adjustable-Gas-Drive-c6464009

Are these to stop/help reduce gas to the face? If so, I'm going to need 2!

Stickman
03-05-21, 08:56
I'm running two as well Euro, no complaints.
The one on an 11.5" BCM barrel made a significant improvement.

What sort of improvement did it make? I'm always looking to learn, and I haven't done any work with these.

Zane1844
03-05-21, 11:30
What sort of improvement did it make? I'm always looking to learn, and I haven't done any work with these.

I’m running the preset one for suppressor only use, on my 10.3” DD barrel. (.070” gas port.) There is virtually no gas to my face anymore, I shoot left handed too, and less recoil. It was the best upgrade I’ve ever done to a rifle.

CoryCop25
03-05-21, 13:56
I have several BRT barrels and gas tubes. All have been perfect. The guns shot so smoothly that they feel like they are running too slow but I’ve run them all super hard and have had zero malfunctions. It took a little bit to trust How Clint works his magic but he’s got this locked.
I don’t see a reason to build another rifle without a BRT barrel.

jwhyte
03-05-21, 21:31
I haven't yet tried a BRT gas drive tube but it's in my future. My Brt 11.5" barrel runs smoother and less gassy suppressed than my BCM 16" does with the same can.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

officerX
03-05-21, 21:32
Are these to stop/help reduce gas to the face? If so, I'm going to need 2!

@Clint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

KITTEN_FRENZY
03-06-21, 22:36
I ordered a dedicated suppressed LMT carbine tube for a 10.5 I don't even have yet.
I'll be using it with a CGS Helios QD (with closed endcap), which I also do not have yet. They sent 0.061... seems kinda... big?:confused: I'm sure it'll be leagues better than using the stock LMT configuration though!

gaijin
03-07-21, 11:46

Accurate, timed rate of fire was increased 20%, “move and shoot” was all A’s rather than 60/40 A/C with the carbine jumping around less. That particular 11.5” BCM was grossly over gassed.
By comparison I did nothing with an 11.5” Sionic’s upper. It was fine as received.

A 14.5” BCM barrel received one of Clints gas tubes as it was over gassed, but not as noticeably as the 11.5.
There was not as significant improvement with this one.

This is all subjective obviously.

turnburglar
03-07-21, 11:52
I ordered a dedicated suppressed LMT carbine tube for a 10.5 I don't even have yet.
I'll be using it with a CGS Helios QD (with closed endcap), which I also do not have yet. They sent 0.061... seems kinda... big?:confused: I'm sure it'll be leagues better than using the stock LMT configuration though!

On BRT's website (IIRC) they state that the tubes are actually flowing about 0.002 LESS than they are sized. So your 0.061 tube will work like a 0.059 drilled gas port. That seems pretty small to me. For my unsuppressed 10.5 with mixed brass steel they sent a 0.073 tube. Which should flow like a 0.071 gas port. Cycles steel fine.

MegademiC
03-10-21, 07:57

Bcm 11.5 here. Suppressed most of the time.
Sprinco blue
H2 or3 (can't remember and not at home)
Gun was very jumpy and gassy

It now runs unsilenced, and with the silencer has almost no gas to face and recoils smoother than my centurion 14.5" mid.

I recommend them. Bcg speed was drastically reduced.

Euro- my sample of 1 is perfectly matched as far as I can tell.

JD Williams
03-11-21, 23:56
My experience is they are on point with their port size selection.

11.5” Colt, A5-2, springco green. Dedicated suppressed with Gold Dot 223 ejection pattern ( not everything of course) is at 330. Will run unsuppressed but will only lock the bolt to rear on the last round in the newest and stiffest of springs in the mags.

It’s dreamy to shoot and on far targets or partials there is significantly less dot leaving the target.

#prettysurethatsbroken