PDA

View Full Version : Glock 48x

kgj1119
03-04-21, 09:40
What Rds is a direct drop in? I can always get a mounting plate. But I don’t want the rds to stick out too much from the slide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VIP3R 237
03-04-21, 09:50
The shield RMSC (and those with the same footprint) are the only drop in without modification or a plate.

ap1220
03-04-21, 13:09
The SIG Romeo Zero is also a drop in/no mods required. I'm testing one now on my G48 MOS, but I may be switching to the rmrcc or the Holosun 507k. Both are small enough not to stick out off the slide. Both require a plate to fit without modifications, though.

OP, I'll put pics up after work if you're interested in seeing it.

Edited to show pics.

As you can see, you can look down the rear (and standard height) sites. The Romeo Zero and the Holosun both have rudimentary rear site notch built into the optic as well for slides that are milled and remove the rear site slot.

RWH24
03-11-21, 12:07
What Rds is a direct drop in? I can always get a mounting plate. But I don’t want the rds to stick out too much from the slide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The difference is nill. I have several milled slides with RMR's, all M&P's.
I have Glock MOS in G19.5 and G48. The CHPWS plate is a nothing to me as height goes, just a peace of mind.
Nothing against other aftermarket plates, I've never used them.

Duffy
03-13-21, 13:44
OPF-G43x/G48, RMRcc will be in testing soon. The cut for direct mounting of Shield sights is shorter than RMRcc, which necessitates a thicker plate the elevates the RMRcc over slide, and makes backup sights an interesting proposition, i.e. tall sights for a concealed carry gun, but many agencies require it, so I hope sight makers step up and offer taller, RMRcc compatible sights for G43X and G48.

ABNAK
03-13-21, 19:58
Don't mean to be a dick but what is a Glock 48X? There is a G48 and a G43X, but never heard of a 48X.