PDA

View Full Version : Small revolver with optic mount?

Ron3
03-06-21, 14:38
I haven't seen this yet but I'm sure someone will do it. Probably someone like Taurus. 😁

What is the smallest revolver equipped an optic mount / provision?

Pappabear
03-06-21, 16:51
Only one I know is my S&W 8 shot 357. Not exactly small.

PB

Red*Lion
03-06-21, 17:17
I am sure that you can figure out a way to mount an optic on any revolver. The real question is why would you want to? Larger revolvers for hunting or target shooting, sure. Otherwise I see no reason to.

gunnerblue
03-06-21, 18:09
There are several options for installing pic rail mounts in the rear sight channel on S&W's. This could be done on a short barreled k-frame for example. It would probably be bulky, but could be done.

Ron3
03-06-21, 22:20
Same reasons for putting them on auto pistols.

titsonritz
03-12-21, 19:34
Then it wouldn't fit in my pocket as well. Not everything needs a RDS, they in fact, detract from some, this case in point, IMO.

Ron3
03-13-21, 09:30
Then it wouldn't fit in my pocket as well. Not everything needs a RDS, they in fact, detract from some, this case in point, IMO.

Nope. Would need to be on a belt.

GNXII
03-14-21, 12:23
IIRC there was a guy on S&W Forum manufacturing red dot mounts to fit the factory preps for sights and scopes.

C-grunt
03-14-21, 22:05
They have mounts that go into the rear sight dovetail on semi autos. So if your revolver had a rear dovetail like that it would be pretty easy.

RHINOWSO
03-15-21, 08:34
I think you'll have to stick with one-off shop solutions, as I don't see a huge market to make it viable for widespread use.

The majority of revolver owners just want something simple and light to stick in their pocket or just leave it in the sock drawer.

Yes, there are dedicated revolver carriers, but not nearly as many as those who carry semis.

tanksoldier
03-19-21, 20:09
Would think a crimson trace laser grip would work as well or better...