PDA

View Full Version : Hot time in ole Garden Grove

TomMcC
03-06-21, 21:26
So last night about 9:45, the little women and I were sitting on the sofa, I was YTing. Then we hear 5 or 6 pops...not fireworks (we live in Little Saigon). I looked at my wife and said that was gun shots. About 20 mins. later we have a helicopter circling our neighborhood. Turns out a guy down the street decided to step outside and cap off the rounds into the air with his AR. The cops of course were very interested in this fellow's new hobby. He ran inside and they sent the K-9 in to tune him up a bit. He's in jail now. Sounds whiskey related.

SteyrAUG
03-06-21, 22:40
So last night about 9:45, the little women and I were sitting on the sofa, I was YTing. Then we hear 5 or 6 pops...not fireworks (we live in Little Saigon). I looked at my wife and said that was gun shots. About 20 mins. later we have a helicopter circling our neighborhood. Turns out a guy down the street decided to step outside and cap off the rounds into the air with his AR. The cops of course were very interested in this fellow's new hobby. He ran inside and they sent the K-9 in to tune him up a bit. He's in jail now. Sounds whiskey related.

That was one of my motivations to leave south Florida, got really tired of 2am police helos every weekend. Only good thing about the housing market crash is they seemed to lose some of their funding for things like that and we almost got two quiet years.

TomMcC
03-06-21, 23:02
That was one of my motivations to leave south Florida, got really tired of 2am police helos every weekend. Only good thing about the housing market crash is they seemed to lose some of their funding for things like that and we almost got two quiet years.

I wonder if the dude realizes just how much it's going to cost to replace those precious rounds. LOL...and of course, his never to be seen again AR. It wasn't even the 4th of July.

SteyrAUG
03-06-21, 23:08
I wonder if the dude realizes just how much it's going to cost to replace those precious rounds. LOL...and of course, his never to be seen again AR. It wasn't even the 4th of July.

So there are some gun owners who probably should NOT have guns, this includes people dumb enough to stick a rifle in the air and bang out a few rounds. These dipshits are part of the reason there is a gun control movement in the first place.

TomMcC
03-06-21, 23:18
So there are some gun owners who probably should NOT have guns, this includes people dumb enough to stick a rifle in the air and bang out a few rounds. These dipshits are part of the reason there is a gun control movement in the first place.

Yeah, these knuckleheads make it so much harder for the rest. My pet peeve are the guys that shoot up the signage in wilderness areas where campers, backpackers, mom and pop with the kids are out for a day in the woods.

SteyrAUG
03-06-21, 23:43
Yeah, these knuckleheads make it so much harder for the rest. My pet peeve are the guys that shoot up the signage in wilderness areas where campers, backpackers, mom and pop with the kids are out for a day in the woods.

My pet peeve list is too long for the internet. The worst thing about guns is some gun owners.

It's not a toy, it's not an entertainment device and it's not a prop so you can try and look / feel cool. People who don't take firearms seriously piss me off almost as much as people who don't think anyone should be allowed to own firearms.

Guys who can't manage their alcohol intake probably should not have firearms, or cars or kids or several other things but that is another discussion.

Honu
03-06-21, 23:49
But look up all the weddings that have dudes shooing in the air nothing ever goes wrong :)

SteyrAUG
03-07-21, 01:41
But look up all the weddings that have dudes shooing in the air nothing ever goes wrong :)

Well I'm sure you know this, but for the record and everyone else.

That is typically a third world / terrorist state practice and quite often lots of things go wrong. You'd think after the first instance of the best man getting whacked unintentionally they'd shitcan the practice...but you'd be wrong. I really can't accept their criticisms of Israel being less than surgical in their targeting of known terrorists when they knock off their own guys in similar numbers during celebratory gunfire. Christ if ever there was a customer for chinese fireworks the entire middle east is it. I mean free M-80s for everyone as part of the wedding planner package, no matter what it costs it's still gotta be cheaper than a funeral.

Uni-Vibe
03-07-21, 01:46
Free m80 for holidays is needed in TX too.

Diamondback
03-07-21, 11:09
Well I'm sure you know this, but for the record and everyone else.

That is typically a third world / terrorist state practice and quite often lots of things go wrong. You'd think after the first instance of the best man getting whacked unintentionally they'd shitcan the practice...but you'd be wrong. I really can't accept their criticisms of Israel being less than surgical in their targeting of known terrorists when they knock off their own guys in similar numbers during celebratory gunfire. Christ if ever there was a customer for chinese fireworks the entire middle east is it. I mean free M-80s for everyone as part of the wedding planner package, no matter what it costs it's still gotta be cheaper than a funeral.

It's that whole "Inshallah" worldview. Same reason they generally don't train on marksmanship or practice first aid because "whatever happens is Allah's will."

OTOH, just sending them blank ammo for "celebratory fire" could be a HUGE market opportunity...

gaijin
03-07-21, 12:06
My pet peeve list is too long for the internet. The worst thing about guns is some gun owners.

It's not a toy, it's not an entertainment device and it's not a prop so you can try and look / feel cool. People who don't take firearms seriously piss me off almost as much as people who don't think anyone should be allowed to own firearms.

Guys who can't manage their alcohol intake probably should not have firearms, or cars or kids or several other things but that is another discussion.

Yep.
In our parts the Bi-annual “Gun Show” attendees were poster children for gun control.
Kitted out “operator” types, two gun Cowboys and Mountain Men with Bowie’s/Flintlocks were the norm.
It became more a “poser” convention than gun show.

TomMcC
03-11-21, 12:03
Here's the whole story on Mr. Torres.

https://www.facebook.com/GardenGrovePD/photos/a.1679359058762401/4021286047903012/

Mr. Torres is also probably going down on a SBR charge once they figure it out.

OH58D
03-11-21, 13:25
Here's the whole story on Mr. Torres.

https://www.facebook.com/GardenGrovePD/photos/a.1679359058762401/4021286047903012/

Mr. Torres is also probably going down on a SBR charge once they figure it out.

It doesn't look California compliant either? Doesn't the pistol grip have to have a seal flipper mounted on it? What do they call it - a blade?

TomMcC
03-11-21, 13:35
It doesn't look California compliant either? Doesn't the pistol grip have to have a seal flipper mounted on it? What do they call it - a blade?

It depends on how old the lower is. I have 2 lowers from before the 2000 registration. I can do anything I want with them as far as a build goes. So if his lower was bought in say 1997 and he actually registered it, his pistol grip and slidey stock are good. After 2000 we saw the rise of the bullet button, then that had a registration period. I really couldn't tell if he had a bullet button. I doubt it. To register a BB gun you had to send in pictures to the Ca. DOJ. With that SBR config that would get the DOJ on your doorstep. It's extremely difficult to get a state SBR permit. You're thinking of the "featureless" AR. On that one...no pistol grip, slidey stock or flash hider.

OH58D
03-11-21, 13:43
It depends on how old the lower is. I have 2 lowers from before the 2000 registration. I can do anything I want with them as far as a build goes. So if his lower was bought in say 1997 and he actually registered it, his pistol grip and slidey stock are good. After 2000 we saw the rise of the bullet button, then that had a registration period. I really couldn't tell if he had a bullet button. I doubt it. To register a BB gun you had to send in pictures to the Ca. DOJ. With that SBR config that would get the DOJ on your doorstep. It's extremely difficult to get a state SBR permit. You're thinking of the "featureless" AR. On that one...no pistol grip, slidey stock or flash hider.
Is there another name for that seal flipper or boat rudder in place of the pistol grip? I'm not up on the lingo for those kinds of mutations or birth defects.....

Lacos
03-11-21, 13:45
Is there another name for that seal flipper or boat rudder in place of the pistol grip? I'm not up on the lingo for those kinds of mutations or birth defects.....

Fin grip, grip wrap

TomMcC
03-11-21, 13:52
Fin grip, grip wrap

This.....

OH58D
03-11-21, 13:58
Fin grip, grip wrap
If I was a resident of the Golden State, that would be my first act of non-compliance - getting rid of that thing and installing a regular pistol grip. Of course I'd be shooting out in the desert somewhere for target practice away from prying eyes. At least that's just me. I can't, nor should I speak for others and what they should do.

TomMcC
03-11-21, 14:23
If I was a resident of the Golden State, that would be my first act of non-compliance - getting rid of that thing and installing a regular pistol grip. Of course I'd be shooting out in the desert somewhere for target practice away from prying eyes. At least that's just me. I can't, nor should I speak for others and what they should do.

What the powers that be don't know won't hurt them...or something like that. Viva la résistance.

Buncheong
03-11-21, 15:28
Garbage Grove.

TomMcC
03-11-21, 15:38
I've seen worse...a lot worse.

AndyLate
03-11-21, 16:21
They think he stopped firing because his gun malfunctioned. Viva la meirda!

TomMcC
03-11-21, 16:35
They think he stopped firing because his gun malfunctioned. Viva la meirda!

Too bad he didn't come on here first to get the bugs worked out of his piece. Maybe a gas issue!!LOL

Caduceus
03-21-21, 06:16
Garbage Grove.

You know that one too, huh?

Glad I don't live in Ana-slime anymore.